World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Product Reviews

Shoutbox

Old 05-06-2015, 07:59 PM

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,516 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Today was leg day, usually this is draining and working late really sucks, I'm still at work and moving thru smoothly. the effect of the xt seems to be stretching further into the afternoon with continued use... cool.....and between the banana and the extra 32 oz h2o I haven't had any cramping...

Old 05-07-2015, 11:49 AM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Off day today.... still took one scoop of the XT.... my arms feel tight and solid, weird cause it was leg day yesterday. The On point feeling continues...
Old 05-07-2015, 02:14 PM
joe1313 joe1313 Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

joe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a little info on ALCAR

Q1: What is ALCAR and how does it work?

ALCAR is L-carnitine that has undergone a reaction that has introduced an acetyl group to its structure. Unlike regular L-carnitine, ALCAR is able to pass through the blood brain barrier and act as a pre-cursor to acetyl-choline (the learning neurotransmitter). How this works is through Carnitine Acetyltransferase (CarAT). Once the acetyl group is cleaved from the carnitine salt, it is transfered to Acetyl-CoA via CarAT. From Acetyl-CoA, the acetyl group is transferred to choline via Choline Acetyltransferase (ChAT) to yield acetyl-choline.

It must be noted that Choline and ALCAR work in unison to make acetyl-choline. When we supplement with additional choline (covered in depth in another FAQ), we increase plasma levels of choline and create a 'pool'. However supplemental choline is generally taken up by cells or phosphorylated and not much of it is left for storage. However when we supplement with ALCAR, this allows for more of the acetyl group to be taken uo by choline to produce ACh and thus, they work in synergy to increase learning capacity.

Alongside its own ability to produce more ACh, ALCAR also increases the use of glucose in the brain which then allows for enhanced ACh production from glucose/ pyruvate.

The Acetylated version of carnitine is used primarily for its effects on cognition however it also has neuro-protective capabilities. It exudes this effect in 3 different ways:

1) increases cerebral blood flow
2) osidative metabolism of the acetyl group to compensate for impaired pyruvate dehydrogenase activity. Pyruvate dehydrogenase transforms pyruvate into Acetyl-CoA and so if this is not functioning optimally, then ALCAR can increase ACh through its own mechanism.
3) antagonism of glutamate excitotoxicity

Also important to note is that ALCAR does not compete with glucose or pyruvate in ACh formation, and thus able to contribute more ACh than we can produce ourselves. Furthermore, ALCAR has been shown to be a carrier molecule of Acetyl-COA into the cytoplasm from other sources of Acetyl-COA.

Much like Huperzine A, ALCAR can slow the decline in age related ACh decreases by increasing the amount of ACh available in the brain. Thus benefiting those in the older population.

Through subjective measuring on ALCAR supplementation on depression, 2g of ALCAR has been shown to decrease the severity of depressive episodes and markedly improve quality of life in those tested.

Q2: What supplements does ALCAR stack well with?
For the reasons outlined above, ALCAR stacks well with a choline source and huperzine A. With more choline available and less of the enzyme around degrading ACh, we can have a safe and effective cognitive stack utilising these 3 ingredients in synergy.

ALCAR: Serious Nutrition Solutions ALCAR 500 (100 Capsules): Discount ALCAR 500 Supplements
Choline: Serious Nutrition Solutions Choline Citrate (500 grams): Discount Choline Citrate Supplements
Huperzine A: Serious Nutrition Solutions Huperzine A 99% (120 Capsules): Discount Huperzine A 99% Supplements

Q3: Any known side effects?

Uses do not tend to note many side effects associated with ALCAR use, however it may increase 'wakefulness' and thus its use around bed time should be limited.

Q4: When is the optimal time to use ALCAR?

It can be taken fasted upon rising, pre-workout or pre any mentally stimulating activity. It's best used for longer duration as its effects get better with time.

Q5: To whom is Huperzine A most beneficial?

I recommend this to people who need an extra pick-me up in terms of enhancing attention and the ability to learn and recall information. This applies to any students or career person where attention to detail and/ or the ability to recall information is needed for optimal performance.

ALCAR supplementation may also be useful during one's later years to increase the amount of ACh in the brain as it declines due to age - age is often characterized by deterioration of memory function and thus, Huperzine A can help prevent this decline
Old 05-12-2015, 02:12 PM

Ok... sorry for the gap.... work this time of year with Mom's day, graduations, proms and such is crazy. that is why I was happy to see if this product would help. Over the extended weekend (fri thru mon) I worked 56 hours, I did actually get two pretty good work outs in, and by using one scoop am and one scoop about 3 pm I got through it pretty well. felt clear and decisive even though I knew I was tired. This is my 25th year at the club, I have history to compare to, and I can say the focus XT did help keep me on point.....weigh in Saturday was 208 12.8 BF I am not hitting all my meals and so I am dropping a bit... need to fix that
Old 05-16-2015, 02:46 PM

weigh in this am 207.5 12.2

weight seems to have stabilized while losing a bit more fat. Work outs have been strong and are on schedule. through this month last year and previously I had cut back to two per week because of the drain at work, happy to say that I am hanging in at 3 on 1 off.

Not sure if it is my resolve, or if the XT helps with my resolve, either way I am in the gym despite long work hours. I am able to complete work quickly without the "drained" feeling.

1 week to go but I'd say this won't be my last tub....
BUBBA289 (05-16-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 12:13 PM

work outs continue to be good, have made it through the worst of the long back to back shifts. Even wifey is starting to get cranky.... but I am on task and pushing through. Made no mistakes with purchasing or scheduling, usually when I'm tired there are oversights. Whether or not there is quantifiable evidence, I can say I like the effect the product is having.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Is this just a trial product or is it available for purchase?
Old 05-20-2015, 12:49 PM

I believe it is available through TGB currently, not sure if other's carry it. There is a link in Joes posts in this thread.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
I'll check it out. Thanks A1
Old 05-20-2015, 01:25 PM

Glad to help, if there's anything else I can answer for you please just ask!