World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Supplement Discussion forums

Shoutbox

Supplement Discussion forums Everything you want to know about supplements. Discussion forums for bodybuilding supplements regarding muscle gain and weight loss

Old 10-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,557 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Ashwagandha root

Anybody use this? It's used primarily for stress and anxiety. Seems to help some by many users testimonials. I have been using it the last few days and it seems to help.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,424 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
Anybody use this? It's used primarily for stress and anxiety. Seems to help some by many users testimonials. I have been using it the last few days and it seems to help.
It's helped me a lot in the past. I've read conflicting info on it though. Some say don't use it more than 8-10 weeks and to switch to a different adaptogen. Other things I've read say that it's benefits are stronger after that same period of time. I think I was taking 400mg of the active ingredient twice per day.
The Following User Says Thank You to -TE- For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (10-10-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 03:06 AM
THUNDERGOD THUNDERGOD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

THUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond repute
Just bought a bunch of items from Life Extension and their CARDIO PEAK has that as one of the ingredients. I'm using so many different health supplements right now, I couldn't tell you which ones are helping and which are not. I'll have more info once I have labs done again in December.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:36 AM
jipped genes jipped genes Is Off Line

Thanked 2,509 Times in 1,904 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I have used it in an adaptogen supp I used when I was going through a rough time.

it just helps the body better deal with stress and can reduce inflamation. there are tons of adaptogen supps that use extracts and help reduce cortisol and stress symptoms.

I will use it again if I get all stressed. I just bought some stuff at the vitamin shoppe i think it was by gaia but there are better supps IMO with more varied ingredients.

I think Ashwagandha by itself is pretty good but going with a whole complement of herbal extracts is better as they all have some mechanism to help cope with stress.

if you choose to use the herb by itself, get the extract as it takes a LOT of the whole herb to get the benefit.

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Old 10-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,424 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
I think Ashwagandha by itself is pretty good but going with a whole complement of herbal extracts is better as they all have some mechanism to help cope with stress.
What have you found that you feel complements it? Stacking it makes sense.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:15 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TE- View Post
What have you found that you feel complements it? Stacking it makes sense.
Rhodiola is a good one, Cordyceps is a fungus that I ALWAYS use before a match. Also ginseng has been around a long time but stack all these and it is a VERY potent adaptogen cocktail. You will not feel any thing when you start taking it, the effects come on slow but if you stop a week after coming off you will notice the diff.

also upping b vitamins druring times of stress is good.

--Thomas Jefferson

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
BUBBA289 (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 11:10 PM
myosaurus myosaurus Is Off Line
Community Veteran

myosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond reputemyosaurus has a reputation beyond repute
Will they have use for off cycle period where you feel crappy?
Old 10-13-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosaurus View Post
Will they have use for off cycle period where you feel crappy?
that i cannot answer but they do make me feel better. they are basically compounds that help the body deal with stress. coming off is a mental and physiological stress so it may be worth a try.

--Thomas Jefferson

Plato