World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 09-20-2022, 01:06 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 8,431 Times in 6,229 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Tricep press downs (2) warm up sets
Single arm overhead cable extensions (2) warm up sets
Single arm crossbody cable extensions (2) warm up sets
Smith machine overhead extensions (3) feeder sets, 175 lbs x 13/155 lbs x 8/135 lbs x 10 (drop set)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Single arm hanging preacher curl (4) warm up sets
Single arm high preacher curl (3) feeder sets, 65 lbs x 12/5/4 (Rest pause set, but the rest was only while I was doing the other side. These were done on the preacher curl machine where I would sit sideways with the seat all the way down. My tricep rested on the top of the pad the arm at full extension was parallel to the floor. Really isolates the bicep, absolutely no deltoid or forearm help.)
Hammer strength neutral grip shrugs (4) feeder sets, 7 pps x 20
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
Crossbody band shoulder stretch 60 seconds

Redcon1
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-21-2022, 03:48 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Belt squat (5) feeder sets, 6 plates x 51 (I wanted to make sure I hit 50 reps and I kind of got distracted during the set. I said to myself I better do 1 more, because if I end up with 49 I am going to be pissed. Watched the video and it was 51.)
Reverse hamstring curls (2) feeder sets, 18/8/5 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Sissy squats (2) feeder sets, 22/12/9 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Adductor 3x25 black band
Abductor 3x25 black band
Standing calf raises (2) feeder sets, BW + 90 lbs x 50
Calf stretch 60 seconds

Redcon1
Old 09-23-2022, 05:36 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 6,947 Times in 4,319 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Belt squat (5) feeder sets, 6 plates x 51 (I wanted to make sure I hit 50 reps and I kind of got distracted during the set. I said to myself I better do 1 more, because if I end up with 49 I am going to be pissed. Watched the video and it was 51.)
Reverse hamstring curls (2) feeder sets, 18/8/5 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Sissy squats (2) feeder sets, 22/12/9 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Adductor 3x25 black band
Abductor 3x25 black band
Standing calf raises (2) feeder sets, BW + 90 lbs x 50
Calf stretch 60 seconds
How do you like the belted squat?
Old 09-23-2022, 05:37 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Tricep press downs (2) warm up sets
Single arm overhead cable extensions (2) warm up sets
Single arm crossbody cable extensions (2) warm up sets
Smith machine overhead extensions (3) feeder sets, 175 lbs x 13/155 lbs x 8/135 lbs x 10 (drop set)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Single arm hanging preacher curl (4) warm up sets
Single arm high preacher curl (3) feeder sets, 65 lbs x 12/5/4 (Rest pause set, but the rest was only while I was doing the other side. These were done on the preacher curl machine where I would sit sideways with the seat all the way down. My tricep rested on the top of the pad the arm at full extension was parallel to the floor. Really isolates the bicep, absolutely no deltoid or forearm help.)
Hammer strength neutral grip shrugs (4) feeder sets, 7 pps x 20
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds
Crossbody band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Never saw these. Seems that the linear motion would make these difficult.
Old 09-23-2022, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
How do you like the belted squat?
I would have to say I am torn on it. It is definitely not a mass builder, but you can still hit the quads, hamstrings and glutes pretty well with it. The problem I have is that is the maximum amount of weight I can put on it. It will not hold anymore and I took every rep until the lever touched the floor.

Redcon1
Old 09-23-2022, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Never saw these. Seems that the linear motion would make these difficult.
They are awesome. It takes a couple sets to find the sweet spot, but when you do, you will ask yourself why haven't you been doing them like this the whole time. You can go a lot deeper, because you do not have a giant dumbbell to clear.

Of course, this is on the smith machine with the slight angle. I am not sure how it would feel if it was the smith machine that is 90 degrees.

Redcon1
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
Dawgpound_Hank (09-23-2022), Glycomann (09-23-2022), Kluso (09-23-2022), millenium girl (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 06:19 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Quote:
I would have to say I am torn on it. It is definitely not a mass builder, but you can still hit the quads, hamstrings and glutes pretty well with it. The problem I have is that is the maximum amount of weight I can put on it. It will not hold anymore and I took every rep until the lever touched the floor.
Have you found a remedy for your lower back?
Old 09-23-2022, 09:31 AM
millenium girl millenium girl Is Off Line

Thanked 3,182 Times in 2,737 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
They are awesome. It takes a couple sets to find the sweet spot, but when you do, you will ask yourself why haven't you been doing them like this the whole time. You can go a lot deeper, because you do not have a giant dumbbell to clear.

Of course, this is on the smith machine with the slight angle. I am not sure how it would feel if it was the smith machine that is 90 degrees.
One of the reasons why I decided to join a gym again is that I will have access to machines. Squatting at the smith machine allows me to go deeper and steady.

Great workout GF!
Genetic Freak (09-24-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 02:59 PM
Community Veteran

Dawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I wondered the same thing that G did. We have the angled one in the gym - Ima try these next time I hit tri's. I normally do the old school version of just using an EZ bar. I like to do them sitting on the preacher bench backwards, so the pad is bracing my back - allows to get a killa stretch as you can lean back a bit vs sitting/standing straight up. I do one handed db's occasionally, but they start to hurt my elbows when I get to 50 lbs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawgpound_Hank For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (09-24-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 03:03 PM
Community Veteran

Dawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You're gonna have to start having someone sit on your shoulders like in the game "chicken". Preferably a smokin' hot babe in tights or some skimpy shorts. But once you conquer that, you will have to move up to a heifer to keep making progress.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawgpound_Hank For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (09-24-2022), Kluso (09-23-2022)