World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > General prepper discussion

Shoutbox

Old 12-06-2018, 07:38 AM

Thanked 3,001 Times in 2,302 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Merino wool socks

So I love these socks. When hiking or on the trail you can wear a pair for days if need be and your feet do not come out of your boots smelling like suzie rotten crotch took a dump on them. they are also really comfy and hold up well. Merino wool is the best fabric for holding heat even when wet so when you step in the 2" deep puddle that goes over the top of your boots but you cannot stop to change socks you are OK.

Also amazingly they do well in the summer as well.

Anyway I have always bought the cheapest merino wool socks (or just regular wool) They were ok but thin and did not have good padded soles. My brother and I are PLANNING on going in January to Pigeon Forge for a week. Want to do some cold/wet weather camping/survival. (It is going to suck!) But he is adamant that the more you suffer the better it is and I am not going to let him call me a PUSSY! So I am going to go with a smile on my face and trepidation in my heart. This ain't the first time we have done this and unless one of us dies of hypothermia it will not be the last. He knows my skinny lean body does not do well in the cold, whereas his muscled up chubby short stout body does but he hates the heat. We love/hate each other. HAHAHA mostly love although I cannot tell you how many times we have fought.

He gave me 3 pair of the socks I will mention below, they are AWESOME!

I first heard about merino wool on the JRE. I am sold now.

Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew Cushion Socks

If y'all have a fav brand let me know!

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-06-2018, 09:50 AM

Thanked 2,576 Times in 2,222 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Icebreaker makes super warm underwear. Pricey stuff but for me who is always cold well worth the money. It is made of merino wool.
flexappeal (12-08-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
A buddy of mine had a couple of footlockers full of stuff he had left over from the teams. He brought me a pair of brand new Smart Wool socks. That was the first place I'd ever heard of them. He told me the SEALs got a lot of cool stuff that he was able to appropriate. That was the best pair of socks I'd ever worn. So I started ordering from smart wool. Now my thermal underwear, watchcaps, liner gloves, and cold weather socks are all Smart Wool. I love the watch caps/beanies, and the snowboard socks for daily wear in cool weather. I wear the thermal underwear while deer hunting, turkey hunting, attending cold sporting events, and working in the weather. They are great because they offer good warmth without cooking you. I end up doing lots of walking in 40-50* weather during turkey season, and these help keep me warm while sitting still, and don't overheat me while hoofing it after a bird.
If Smart Wool makes it, I trust their brand to do exactly what I want.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
I buy the smartwool socks too. Wool is the bomb. I won't wear anything else foor hiking/backpacking. Feet stay warm even if wet and they last forever. Plus I love the fact they are thick and provide extra cushioning.

My fondest memory of my brother who was killed is of me and him backpacking. Just me and him, no one else around out in the middle of the wilderness. And some of my best times camping were when it rained the whole time... Lol.

I think my son and I are going to do a survival trip next summer. We'll pack in food just in case but try to live off the land thru foraging, fishing and maybe even trapping. Have fun with your bro!
Old 12-07-2018, 07:38 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I hoe my bro and I get to go. He works 12 hour days 6 days a week as an executive in a fortune 12 company and they own him. This is a getaway we used to do every year. Then promotions and a baby girl changed his priorities.

I will have to look into a wool watch cap. My bald head.

this is right up my alley.https://www.smartwool.com/shop/mens-...nId=A85#hero=0

Old 12-08-2018, 08:54 PM
flexappeal flexappeal Is Off Line
Community Veteran

flexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond reputeflexappeal has a reputation beyond repute
Smartwool or Icebreaker. There are also 3 different thicknesses depending on the activity.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
Icebreaker makes super warm underwear. Pricey stuff but for me who is always cold well worth the money. It is made of merino wool.
I will have to check this out. some long johns would be nice.