World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Survival food - hunting - hydroponics

Old 10-18-2020, 11:17 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,247 Times in 4,043 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Not all hunting stories are good.

Yesterday we hunted all day. I hunt almost exclusively on public land. Even base is open to the public if you pass the required clearance and play by bases check in/check out rules. So yesterday I went to two of my honey holes where I always see deer, but yesterday was something different.

My son and I decided to hunt from the ground and do a little wind bump. He has a crossbow, so I put him in a natural ground blind down wind of the bedding area and I made a long trek through a creek bed to get to the upwind side of the bedding area. I make a full circle, probably a mile of walking and make my way back to him. I ask if he seen anything and nothing. We were puzzled. There should have been deer trying to sneak out the back door. We walk around and get on the ground, so I could see into the bed area and start glassing. Not a deer to be found, but I do spot the legs of a ladder stand. A LADDER STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BEDDING AREA! WTF! It is a cardinal sin to place a permanent stand in the middle of a bedding area. Since the area was already compromised I went to check out the stand to make sure it is legal, as there are specific requirements on base. It was legally marked, so I left it alone and went to another honey hole.

We set up the same way and I make my trek with the same outcome. Again I am thinking WTF. Get on the ground and sure enough I see stand legs in the bedding area again! I check it out and notice the stand is set up with the same straps. I told my son this is the same guy and it was confirmed after I checked the tag information. Twice this guy set up a permanent signature in the bedding area. These are pressured areas, so deer will not return to that bedding area for a while. Bucks may abandon them forever.

I understand it is public area, so I do not get too upset when I run into signs of other hunters in my honey holes. I do have a problem with dumbasses who ruin a good area for everyone else. If he knew what he was doing it would be different, but I have 5 years of hunting those areas. I know exactly how the deer move on specific winds, fronts and at what time of day. He set his stands up so he can only hunt the least common wind. If he sets in his stand with any other wind the deer are going to wind.

On a good note. The bucks have already shifted their movement about 200 yards. None of their old scrapes or rubs have been touched due to the presence of the stand. I did find new rub lines and scrapes. Even better when I set up on those areas my wind is going to be blowing right towards his stand.
A1food4u (10-26-2020)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-26-2020, 06:42 AM

Thanked 4,701 Times in 3,603 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, what are they thinking? I do not hunt but I reckon you should set your stand up well off a bedding area to intercept deer as they come from that to a feeding are a or water?

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 08:12 AM
paramuscle paramuscle Is Off Line
Crusader by Choice

Thanked 1,324 Times in 895 Posts
paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhh..... I just realized, this thread is about animal hunting... My bad

~PM
A1food4u (10-26-2020), Genetic Freak (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 08:38 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,247 Times in 4,043 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Damn, what are they thinking? I do not hunt but I reckon you should set your stand up well off a bedding area to intercept deer as they come from that to a feeding are a or water?
Exactly. You set up on the travel corridor to the bedding area.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:30 PM

Thanked 3,906 Times in 3,092 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Up here the wind is primarily out of the north west in fall. My brother in law and I spend the time we are in the wood laughing at all the jack hats setting up there blinds and stands on the tree lines north west of there salt licks, apples and cornfields.....