World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding Discussion forum

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding Discussion forum Worldclassbodybuilding Adult Bodybuilding forum dedicated to the discussion of bodybuilding training and weightlifting advice

Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,611 Times in 2,924 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah if my daughter ever gets out of ehr depression maybe I can save up enough money for my boob job.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:46 PM
wanabe wanabe Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

wanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond repute
today was legs and I cut back on the amount off sets from 20 down to 12.
Doing drop sets on the last set really pumps the muscle. love it
Old 06-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
today was legs and I cut back on the amount off sets from 20 down to 12.
Doing drop sets on the last set really pumps the muscle. love it
Let's see.. I did 14 sets for chest, 14 for back and 10 for calves...
Old 06-12-2018, 08:49 PM
WCBB Veteran

wanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
10 lbs
5 lbs
Old 06-12-2018, 08:50 PM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Let's see.. I did 14 sets for chest, 14 for back and 10 for calves...
What do you think about the gear that I am running?
Old 06-12-2018, 08:54 PM
WCBB Veteran

Today was arms 4 exercises for bis and tris with 8X8s no rest between bis and tris.
Forearms were wrist curls behind the back and dumbbell reverse curls straight sets.
What a pump when you do 8X8s.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Community Veteran

Dawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant futureDawgpound_Hank has a brilliant future
What's your cycle history? Have you ran this big of cycle before? If so, were the gains the same/better/worse? How much do you weigh? A 10lb gain in 6 weeks for a guy weighing 150 isn't so bad - if you weigh 250, not so great. So that varies.

What happens with many guys - including myself - is they make the quick gains on cycle, yet keep eating the same as when they started. As you grow, you need to keep eating MORE to feed the machine, or your gainz can stall. This all of course is assuming your trying to pack on the size and not cutting. Evaluate your eating and see if you have made the necessary adjustments.

Lastly, and no offense to pen or anyone else, but you can train volume, hit, DC, what-the-fukk-ever while ON and make gainz as long as you're busting ass. There is no right or wrong way. Anyone disagree then tell it to Arnold and Yates. The MAIN key in the gym is you work HARD, no matter what route you choose.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawgpound_Hank For This Useful Post:
wanabe (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Quote:
Hey guys need some help here. I am running 850 test e, 600 deca and 400 mast e/ week been on it for 1.5 months and I have stopped gaining mass???
Any ideas would be helpful!
For me that would be a lot. Depends how you feel. On this much stuff my feet would be swollen and I would be gassing walking up stairs. I would have to take a bunch of AI and probably a diuretic and they would be another tax on my system. Personally, my operating rage is 400-1200 mg total and have even made great gains on 500 mg/w. Right now I am even lower on 100 test C and 150 mg Primo a week and that's it. No peptides, no GH, no AI, nothing else and I feel good and look good. I was using Test 200/Win 200/Primo 300 with 3 iu GH post workout. That was working pretty well. Started to feel a bit lethargic and dropped to current and feel and look better 3 weeks later. I'll donate blood next week and probably bump things up a little bit again for a month. IMO, you have to listen to your body and adjust.The human body does not grow continuously, at least most of them. It grows in spurts. It has to reset from time to time before entering into another growth spurt. Paying attention to it's cycles and how I feel has helped me over the years. The other thing is I am getting quite old for this stuff. That is another factor and not a minor one. I don't expect that it would be a good idea for me at this stage to push my BW over 230 or try to work up to a 450 lb bench press. I have to be more creative now to see changes and a ot of that is diet, rest and training smart... and reducing female drama as much as possible.
wanabe (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 07:32 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Gains for me are differnt now. I have some muscle memory to work with. 1/2 the year I back off all PEDs, do other activities outside the weight room and shrink down. When I decide to do a PED period first I hit basic stuff like deads, squats, bench, behind neck press etc and generally go from 195 to 215.Then the diet cleans up and I start looking for other changes like better tie ins at front delt and bicep, binging back some outer sweep on my legs, bring up my upper chest, Bringing my waist in, all the while shifting exercises to bring these things about. All the while trying to avoid injuries and working around little ones that pop up.

So May through August this is me. Ideally, Sept through April I am either off or on TRT and maybe trickle in a few peptides here and there. I'll lift 3-4 days a week, do yoga 1-2 times a week and if my body feels solid I will substitute in some grappling. The last bit takes time because AAS cycle makes my body brittle and it takes some months before it "fixes" itself.
wanabe (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
What's your cycle history? Have you ran this big of cycle before? If so, were the gains the same/better/worse? How much do you weigh? A 10lb gain in 6 weeks for a guy weighing 150 isn't so bad - if you weigh 250, not so great. So that varies.

What happens with many guys - including myself - is they make the quick gains on cycle, yet keep eating the same as when they started. As you grow, you need to keep eating MORE to feed the machine, or your gainz can stall. This all of course is assuming your trying to pack on the size and not cutting. Evaluate your eating and see if you have made the necessary adjustments.

Lastly, and no offense to pen or anyone else, but you can train volume, hit, DC, what-the-fukk-ever while ON and make gainz as long as you're busting ass. There is no right or wrong way. Anyone disagree then tell it to Arnold and Yates. The MAIN key in the gym is you work HARD, no matter what route you choose.
No offense taken bro. I believe in one thing and thats doing whatever works. I vary my workouts and I do high volume too from time to time. The important thing to understand is matching your diet with your workout. If you're going to do that many sets you better take in a lot of extra calories. And you better make sure you get adequate rest time between workouts. Number 1 mistake I see newbies make when they start out is overtraining. My motto is if what Im doing stops working, then its time to change something. Working out is King. Diet is queen. Recuperation is... I dunno, Prince. :)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pen Sillman For This Useful Post:
wanabe (06-18-2018)