World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding Discussion forum

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding Discussion forum Worldclassbodybuilding Adult Bodybuilding forum dedicated to the discussion of bodybuilding training and weightlifting advice

Old 06-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
What's your cycle history? Have you ran this big of cycle before? If so, were the gains the same/better/worse? How much do you weigh? A 10lb gain in 6 weeks for a guy weighing 150 isn't so bad - if you weigh 250, not so great. So that varies.

What happens with many guys - including myself - is they make the quick gains on cycle, yet keep eating the same as when they started. As you grow, you need to keep eating MORE to feed the machine, or your gainz can stall. This all of course is assuming your trying to pack on the size and not cutting. Evaluate your eating and see if you have made the necessary adjustments.

Lastly, and no offense to pen or anyone else, but you can train volume, hit, DC, what-the-fukk-ever while ON and make gainz as long as you're busting ass. There is no right or wrong way. Anyone disagree then tell it to Arnold and Yates. The MAIN key in the gym is you work HARD, no matter what route you choose.
No offense taken bro. I believe in one thing and thats doing whatever works. I vary my workouts and I do high volume too from time to time. The important thing to understand is matching your diet with your workout. If you're going to do that many sets you better take in a lot of extra calories. And you better make sure you get adequate rest time between workouts. Number 1 mistake I see newbies make when they start out is overtraining. My motto is if what Im doing stops working, then its time to change something. Working out is King. Diet is queen. Recuperation is... I dunno, Prince. :)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pen Sillman For This Useful Post:
wanabe (06-18-2018)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 06-13-2018, 08:38 PM
wanabe wanabe Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

wanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Yeah if my daughter ever gets out of ehr depression maybe I can save up enough money for my boob job.
Don"t get bro???
Old 06-13-2018, 08:44 PM
WCBB Veteran

wanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
For me that would be a lot. Depends how you feel. On this much stuff my feet would be swollen and I would be gassing walking up stairs. I would have to take a bunch of AI and probably a diuretic and they would be another tax on my system. Personally, my operating rage is 400-1200 mg total and have even made great gains on 500 mg/w. Right now I am even lower on 100 test C and 150 mg Primo a week and that's it. No peptides, no GH, no AI, nothing else and I feel good and look good. I was using Test 200/Win 200/Primo 300 with 3 iu GH post workout. That was working pretty well. Started to feel a bit lethargic and dropped to current and feel and look better 3 weeks later. I'll donate blood next week and probably bump things up a little bit again for a month. IMO, you have to listen to your body and adjust.The human body does not grow continuously, at least most of them. It grows in spurts. It has to reset from time to time before entering into another growth spurt. Paying attention to it's cycles and how I feel has helped me over the years. The other thing is I am getting quite old for this stuff. That is another factor and not a minor one. I don't expect that it would be a good idea for me at this stage to push my BW over 230 or try to work up to a 450 lb bench press. I have to be more creative now to see changes and a ot of that is diet, rest and training smart... and reducing female drama as much as possible.
Great info thank you!!!
Old 06-13-2018, 08:45 PM
WCBB Veteran

This is the place for great advice!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to wanabe For This Useful Post:
millenium girl (06-14-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 08:46 PM
WCBB Veteran

and it was my day off from the gym .....butt I just pinned. LOL
Old 06-14-2018, 08:32 AM

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,194 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabe View Post
This is the place for great advice!!!
It sure is :)
Old 06-16-2018, 08:40 PM
WCBB Veteran

Did chest and back.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,440 Times in 2,807 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Keep plugging. I donate blood this week and then see how I feel couple days later. Then maybe add in a bit more and crank it up in the gym some more.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:17 AM
Juggy38 Juggy38 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Juggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggy38 has a reputation beyond repute
You could lower volume and increase frequency.

Push
Legs
Pull
Off
Repeat.

I do better with higher frequency. But I’m a lower volume guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Juggy38 For This Useful Post:
wanabe (06-18-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
There are a million different ways to attack it. Each exercise has variations (close grip, wide grip, reverse grip etc) There's pushing weights explosively or very slowly with pauses. Negative reps, long rests between sets, short, pyramid up, pyramid down. Elbows in, elbows out, letting the bar down high on the chest or low (with bench). And the theres all the angles. Incline, decline, flat... full extension or incomplete extension to keep tension on the muscle. There literally is no one way to do it that works for everyone.

There is no wrong way to lift a weight. You pick up a plate, move it from point A to point B and by default, you have worked a muscle. The key is, which muscle? We've all seen guys doing freestanding curls, thinking theyre working their biceps when in reality, theyre swinging the weight, leaning way back and basically they're doing a back exercise. Feeling and fatiguing the right muscle, is what we all learn how to do eventually. Although some guys never learn. They become my gym entertainment...unless I'm preoccupied with checking out the ladies... Lol.