World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Off topic > General Chat The lounge

Shoutbox

Old 06-13-2018, 11:13 AM
paramuscle paramuscle Is Off Line
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Is it just me....

I'm out of town at the moment, doing a job in South Louisiana for some folks and I joined a local gym near me....

The only real option I could find at the time was a Planet Fitness since they have a 24 hour schedule and sometimes I need early morning runs at 0300.

The issues I have are the fact that the dumbbells only go up to 75 pounds and the majority of guys seem to wear shirts that they have cut the sides out of and the sleeves.... They also tend to stare at themselves in the mirror entirely too much.

Maybe I am just getting old but if you spend more time talking and staring in the mirror at your hair gel and how your ass looks in your yoga pants than you do lifting, stay the f**k out of my way. I'm too old and too tired to deal with this club atmosphere.... I miss the days of dark gyms and heavy weights with people who appreciate a good spot. Who the hell only has 75 pound dumbbells?

End Rant.

~PM

Old 06-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Community Veteran

Location: with dogs, goats, donkeys, chickens and a miniature pig...
Thanked 2,636 Times in 2,315 Posts
Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha, no diff here, buddy. I got 3 gym memberships and PF is one of them. I actually like it. Fine, you all can call me a gurly man. Yeah, dumbbells up to 75 and no free weights other than weighted e-z bars and short bars. Still I like it. Maybe it's the switching up of diff gyms (change of atmosphere) makes it more enjoyable, I don't know. I can't scream and grunt like Glycoman when I'm at PF but still...….I like it.

Regarding those people who stares at themselves in the mirror, I just told my gf yesterday am that it seems some the guys stare at themselves in the mirror in ONE workout more than I looking at myself in a WHOLE year. I don't know, man. I think many guys and gals are delusional for many things they do. My gf helps keep my head straight instead of judging others bc I think she heard enough of me saying crap...
The Following User Says Thank You to Big B For This Useful Post:
paramuscle (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:41 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, you have 75lb dumbells at your PF? Stop complaining, mine only go up to 60...lol. Im in the same rut with PF, didnt have anyplace else close by. But I have to admit, they keep the place clean and at 10 bucks a month and 24 hours, its hard to beat. I do get a good laugh at some of the guys lifting. I just pop a few of their free tootsie rolls and sit back and enjoy the show... Lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pen Sillman For This Useful Post:
paramuscle (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:58 AM
paramuscle paramuscle Is Off Line
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Yea they have sign up at this one telling folks how Tuesday night is pizza night...... WTF

~PM
Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 PM
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
When PF sees me they closed the doors and lock them
Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 PM
Community Veteran

Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramuscle View Post
Yea they have sign up at this one telling folks how Tuesday night is pizza night...... WTF

~PM
It's called JOB SERCURITY

I thought it was First Monday of every month is Pizza night and 2nd Tuesday Bagel and coffee?
The Following User Says Thank You to Big B For This Useful Post:
paramuscle (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 03:13 PM
EXTINCT

Thanked 1,359 Times in 991 Posts
DaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond repute
I wish I could still lift 75lb DB's......
The Following User Says Thank You to DaSarge For This Useful Post:
paramuscle (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 03:13 PM

Thanked 1,844 Times in 1,364 Posts
Darkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond repute
Frig is a PF dude
Old 06-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSarge View Post
I wish I could still lift 75lb DB's......
It's not how much you lift but how you lift it. Weights mean nothing, bro...
Old 06-13-2018, 03:53 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,304 Times in 2,397 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Frig is a PF dude
Yes I am and I go and lift hard to get shit done and no one gives me and a few others any shit about it either. Besides I love it when people stare at me curling the 75 lb dumbells for 8-10 reps.

I know when I move this next week my new pf gym won't be this good but oh well. There is an LA Fitness close to the house I'm renting there so I'll check it out with the free passes my friend that owns the house left for me.