World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

Shoutbox

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:59 AM

Thanked 3,452 Times in 2,657 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Smoker today

I am pretty anxious. Going to camp today. I went Thursday to help with our guys and gals who are going to be doing some rounds with another camp today. Coach said he had a guy, 43 years old, 165# and 5'5". He said he looked (facebook) and the dude is muscled up and looks like a fire plug, he wants me to go 3 rounds with him today. I had 3 days notice. (My stats 5'11" 167# but right now pretty high BF like 16-17% try to be about 11-12%)

Here is the thing. A lot of coaches will try to get a match for their guys real late who HAVE been training and just say they have not been training as they want to get em a win (Even though we do not keep score like a real fight, you know who got the better). If it is their first this is used by dishonest coaches to get their guys confidence up because they will have a distinct advantage. I do not know if this guy has fought before, he looks pretty game but muscles and tattoos do not make a fighter. Just make em look like one.

I do not know if this is the case. Every smoker we have had with this camp has been pretty straight up. If this guy has not trained I feel real good. My cardio is OK, hope his is just OK too. Cardio has not come back since I was sick 3 weeks ago but is good for moderately paced 3 two minute rounds. God I hope they are not 3 minute rounds that last minute feels like an hour in 2 and 3.

Anyway, I ate my regular prefight meal. Half a banana, 4 strwberries, half a cup of greek yogurt and some flax seed creatine and 2 fish oil caps.

Not a lot but I want my gut fairly empty when I go between 11-12 today.

I get real anxious before then once we start it all goes away and I calm down (Unless I am getting smashed) BUT the damage is done from all the adrenaline and cortisol before a punch is thrown.

Oh well, I will do my best. Right now I am listening to dark side of the moon and trying to chill. Leaving in less than an hour to head for camp.

Wish me luck.

Oh, my coach and I had a talk on the phone last night. He knows I get nervous and it affects me. We went over the game plan over and over and told me to visualize it in my head before going to bed.

Plan: Stay long, use longer weapons such as jab (Constantly to keep him from breaching my range) Jab kicks to set up powerful roundhouses, long crosses mixed up with the jab when I think he is going to slide off and come in for a flurry. Keep my left hand plastered to my face when not punching. Short stocky guys throw rear overhands that have a lot of power and they tend to catch guys who slide and fade away like I do. Last if he breaches, I need to clench and stop him by throwing knees to the body, he can punch my body all he wants, knees trump punches every time. (No knees or elbows to the head in these matches)

Sounds legit to me. My coach is very knowledgeable. Our fighters win at a rate of 3 wins for every 1 loss.

I will holler at y'all later when it is all over and I have had some BBQ and brews (The host camp always buys the food and the beverages we like BBQ some have hot dogs or pizza)

I kinda hope my nose gets broken, (I cannot wear my normal face saver headgear.) we have a gentleman's agreement to wear only open face with cheek protectors. If my beak gets smashed I can have it splinted and fixed as I cannot breathe out of it now.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-08-2019, 06:09 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
It was nothing. more like sparring. I jabbed and he tried to come in. Neither one of us landed anything super flush. He was a fire plug of a man. I kicked him in the gut and it felt like a tree. It was all good.

oh they were 2 minute rounds for us old guys.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Swellin (07-11-2019)
Old 07-08-2019, 07:14 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,799 Times in 3,005 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Haha! Well you mentally prepared for a war. I know what you mean by the rear overhand right. At 5'9" 215 lbs that is my "go to".
Old 07-09-2019, 12:16 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Funny how the far the imagination can take shit. Things usually don't go near as bad as what you expect. But then, good idea to prepare for the worst!
Old 07-09-2019, 06:16 AM

I have a sore elbow and leg. But not bad for either. the elbow because it got hyper extended somehow. I am not sure, the leg because I ate 5-6 kicks. but checked many. I know he is sore. I landed a few kicks flush like him. I kick harder for sure. Also instead of using my big thick windy shin pads I used cheapo tiger paw kids karate style pads with about 3/8" of soft foam. They pretty much just keep my shins from splitting and bleeding. But the kick feels about the same.

Makes me want to fight for real but I know i would get my ass kicked against a real ammy fighter. This guy was more nervous than me. We had a brew and a laugh after. ate some BBQ and now i have a new friend. All our guys did well. (And gal)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (07-09-2019), Swellin (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 09:09 AM
WCBB Veteran

Dakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond repute
Cool beans. You got my adrenaline up reading that. I was instantly coaching you in my head. The competitiveness of our youth never leaves, just the ability......
Old 07-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Swellin Swellin Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff Jipped.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Cool beans. You got my adrenaline up reading that. I was instantly coaching you in my head. The competitiveness of our youth never leaves, just the ability......
Truer words have never been spoken.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:05 PM
MarvelGirl MarvelGirl Is Off Line
Chica

MarvelGirl is on a distinguished road
jipped genes, how long have you been training in mma and what age did you start?

I can understand how you would be nervous, I would be too. I like watching UFC though, and although I do not train for fighting, I got into a few fights when I was younger. You know, High School stuff? hehehe
Old 07-16-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelGirl View Post
jipped genes, how long have you been training in mma and what age did you start?

I can understand how you would be nervous, I would be too. I like watching UFC though, and although I do not train for fighting, I got into a few fights when I was younger. You know, High School stuff? hehehe
I do not train MMA, I do Muay Thai and occasionally B jiu jitsu. 5 oz gloves are too small for my old self. Also slams and take downs hurt my back.

I did BJJ for about 4 years and Muay thai for going on 10 years. I am far from good at either. i just like training.