World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Powerlifting Strongman

Shoutbox

Powerlifting Strongman Discussion on powerlifting, strength and more, including the squat, dead lift, and bench press

Old 01-11-2018, 10:07 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Treny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant future
Low bar squats

So been struggling lately with some minimal attempts at low bar squatting.

Not sure if its something i need to keep at? Im 6’4 with near the long arm frame. When i set up for low bar its a logistical nightmare. To put my hands where they need to be (out wide) i cant rack or unrack the bar being my hands are in the way.

If i try and squeeze my shoulder blades together, i can barely get my arms in at all to hold the damn bar.

Anyone have or been through this with some advice? Maybe theres a stretch to keep working into some flexibility? Idk lol.

My gym does not have a squat stand, only a mono lift and power cages, all with the same positioning for the pins

Last edited by Treny24; 01-11-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Vworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treny24 View Post
So been struggling lately with some minimal attempts at low bar squatting.

Not sure if its something i need to keep at? Im 6’4 with near the long arm frame. When i set up for low bar its a logistical nightmare. To put my hands where they need to be (out wide) i cant rack or unrack the bar being my hands are in the way.

If i try and squeeze my shoulder blades together, i can barely get my arms in at all to hold the damn bar.

Anyone have or been through this with some advice? Maybe theres a stretch to keep working into some flexibility? Idk lol.

My gym does not have a squat stand, only a mono lift and power cages, all with the same positioning for the pins

I have the opposite problem. I have had rotator cuff repairs on both of my shoulders and end up with my hands on the collars so I bought a Texas squat bar that has an extra few inches between the collars and that makes it easier.
My gym has a mono lift with adjustable hooks which also helps.

Last edited by Vworacle; 01-12-2018 at 12:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vworacle For This Useful Post:
Treny24 (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Treny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant future
Ahh good idea on the bar...lightbulb moment
Old 01-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Thanked 3,478 Times in 2,743 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Try some extreme stretches (DC stretches). Get an incline bench and dumbbells in the 15-20lbs range. Do a set of 6 flyes with a 10 second pause stretch at the bottom. Each rep you are trying to get lower than the last. I do these to improve range of motion in the shoulders and chest.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:06 PM
Elite275 Elite275 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Elite275 is on a distinguished road
Why are you opposed of squatting out of the mono? As far as low back think more “far” back. What I mean is squeeze the traps together and build your shelf. Put the bar on meatiest part of the trap where it’s flexed out back and adjust from there.

As for flexibility, get your hands on the bar. Place your pinky finger under the bar as you squeeze your traps in and try to keep your elbows down so your chest stays up and you don’t cave over. This takes a bit of getting used to with the pinky but really does enable additional flexibility getting under the bar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elite275 For This Useful Post:
Treny24 (01-12-2018)
Old 01-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Ill try that out for sure, i did something similar just felt like my shoulder was going to pop.

The mono we have isnt adjustable width wise (that im aware of, ill check on that) so the hooks are the same as the racks.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:46 PM
Viking Viking Is Off Line
Veteran

Viking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond repute
I have a couple videos for shoulders during the squat. I will make another thread for that. They're from Charles Poliquin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viking For This Useful Post:
Treny24 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 01:49 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

That would be great viking, thanks!