World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

Shoutbox

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:12 PM
trafficdodger trafficdodger Is Off Line
Community Veteran

trafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Just try some. Do some drop ins and see what you like. look for a family, not a bunch of pitbulls looking for fresh meat.
Full disclosure: I stopped reading at this point. Follow this wise advice.

If you start looking into full combat gyms, the pendulum swings wide. The last gym I was a part of was mostly adults with professional careers. We rolled and sparred at a heavy clip, but none of us wanted to show at work and have to explain black eyes and missing teeth. It was a regular stop for young local fighters to take their "break week" where we’d provide a different look - patient, old man type strength rolling and sparring.

New guys were welcomed with open arms, and everyone only went as hard as was reciprocated, never punishment.

It’s a great gym, one of the best I ever was a part of. Wish I had the time to work out with those guys these days.
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another" -Proverbs 27:17

Vet@SOI.com
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-14-2018, 10:05 AM

Thanked 2,919 Times in 2,233 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Sillman View Post
??? Any physical sport can be an outlet to let off steam. If I go for a run that doesn't mean I'm going to chop down all the trees and bushes along the way. I get what ur trying to say Machi.

for sure, i played ultimate frisbee for 2 seasons back when it was popular. I would leave totally drained............BUT............there is nothing to get rid of aggression like combat with a fellow human being where if you make a mistake it could cost you a lot of pain as opposed to just a goal for the opposing team.

combat sports are primal and tap into our inner caveman that we have so meticulously attempted to remove from our lives. Getting to act like a caveman and smash is soul cleansing. Even if you got smashed by a stronger, faster, more skilled caveman you get a euphoria I cannot explain, you have to do it.

Sorry for the run on sentence.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Machiavelli (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 11:23 AM

Thanked 2,562 Times in 2,209 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Krav Maga is pretty cool and it can kill
Old 07-15-2018, 07:26 AM
ripsid ripsid Is Off Line
Community Veteran

ripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond repute
You know I'm going to say Jiu Jitsu lol Look if you're looking to train, have fun, get the stress out then do jiu jitsu!!!! Hell Edvedr and I tried to kill it each other for 6 mins straight, and we laughed joked hugged it out and had fun! lol

I have an 11 hour day, then go straight to the academy to teach and train about 7 days a week.. I wouldn't have it any other way! I love it, it's fun, it's a sport!
Selfless plug here lol and if you want to watch some high level jiu jitsu and me goto flograppling.com next saturday 7/21 and watch me compete on f2wpro81 lololol

SiD
Old 07-15-2018, 11:54 AM
edvedr edvedr Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,127 Times in 878 Posts
edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
Darkness I dont think he meant any disrespect. I didnt take it as he would have a chip on his shoulder. Guys that do either lose it real quick or they dont come back. The stress relief I get from BJJ is irreplaceable. It really is a form of therapy. After I train my head is in so much of a better place and whatever bullshit in life I have to deal with is much easier to do. Plus like I said it's the only place that allows me to not think about the BS. Doesnt even cross my mind once I walk thru the gym doors.
The Following User Says Thank You to edvedr For This Useful Post:
Machiavelli (07-15-2018)