World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Off topic > General Chat The lounge

Shoutbox

Old 08-15-2017, 09:10 AM
TheMuscleMan TheMuscleMan Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

TheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant future
I know the ISO 12312-2 is the number to look for on the glasses but they are saying a lot of people are just pulling the logo from online and slapping it on any glasses and selling them. The way to check them is to look at the sun on any ordinary day, all you should see is the ring of light from the sun and nothing else. If you see a house or tree or anything else then the glasses are not real solar eclipse glasses. It should be like putting on a welding hood with the darkest lenses you can get, pitch black darkness. I thought the higher the number on welding hoods the darker the lenses? Like a 12 is the lowest the say you can use to look at the eclipse but they recommend a 13 or 14.

Thanks
TMM
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMuscleMan For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (08-15-2017)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 08-15-2017, 10:29 AM
I'm really 3VANDOO Jr.... son of King Slayer, you can call me Vandoo

Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,243 Posts
acneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuscleMan View Post
I know the ISO 12312-2 is the number to look for on the glasses but they are saying a lot of people are just pulling the logo from online and slapping it on any glasses and selling them. The way to check them is to look at the sun on any ordinary day, all you should see is the ring of light from the sun and nothing else. If you see a house or tree or anything else then the glasses are not real solar eclipse glasses. It should be like putting on a welding hood with the darkest lenses you can get, pitch black darkness. I thought the higher the number on welding hoods the darker the lenses? Like a 12 is the lowest the say you can use to look at the eclipse but they recommend a 13 or 14.

Thanks
TMM

yep good info. the amazon thing is done. they recalled a bunch but everything they sell now is real but very expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSarge View Post
I like guns and acneman...:)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Acne, your troll is epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
You are deranged. The worst on the board. Seek help.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Thanked 7,718 Times in 5,030 Posts
Nate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond repute
This is going to be so cool!

I'm loosing faith in the human race as, unlike most species, the smaller, fatter, dumber animals rule the space and seem to get to reproduce more~Darkness
Old 08-15-2017, 03:02 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,073 Times in 2,221 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
I am about 2-1/2 -3 hours from where the ideal spot is in Carbondale Illinois. Not far from where my gf, exgf ex fiance or whatever we are at this point, lives...There are going to be so many people there it isn't funny. They are calling it Moonstock...Ozzy Osborn is playing at a winery there and kicks off with "Bark at the Moon" during the Eclipse. Tickets were like $150 a piece.

https://www.moonstock2017.com/moonstock-2017-lineup
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/moonsto...ts-30337915522
The Following User Says Thank You to Friggemall For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (08-15-2017)
Old 08-15-2017, 04:33 PM
I'm really 3VANDOO Jr.... son of King Slayer, you can call me Vandoo

Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,243 Posts
acneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond repute
my buddy is gonna go in kentucky. he said if i can get there in any way he will pay for everything and drive me home cause he is driving to MS anyway after the eclipse. psych appointment Friday, cats, everything just makes it too much. i will accept my 87% local
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSarge View Post
I like guns and acneman...:)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Acne, your troll is epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
You are deranged. The worst on the board. Seek help.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,461 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
I'm off next Monday, so this is pretty cool! Out here in Cali it will hit between 9-11am, with peak around 10:20am. Not sure how I'm gonna look up at it, but maybe try to find some of my dad's welding shit...well, if they work with the sun.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:22 PM
TheMuscleMan TheMuscleMan Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

TheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant future
Schools are having kids make homemade viewers out of cereal boxes and aluminum foil?! I am not too sure about all that, I mean it is going to be a cool event in history but it is really just the moon blocking the sun and it will get dark for a few hours in the middle of the day, if you look at it like that then it is nothing real special, not like something fantastic or out of this world is going to happen. It gets dark every night so it's just in the afternoon it will be dark and not even for very long either, I mean Alaska has 30 days of night which I think is a cooler phenomenon than an eclipse. I just don't know why people get so excited about it getting dark, if aliens came down then that would be something worth seeing. Back to the kids school thing, they are making a viewer that you look though with your back to the sun and through a tiny pin hole you see a ring of light then it gets covered up and goes dark! That seems kinda lame, like I see a light then oh it's gone! I also don't think it is safe to have kids out doing that because what is to stop them from looking up at the sun when the eclipse is occurring? It is dangerous to look at it without the glasses that are rated for it and to trust the little ones won't get curious and look or listen to a friend and look at it and "cook" their retinas, the quote is taken from CNN and I think the nasa website said it as well. I just dint want kids to get hurt during this event and maybe schools don't know a lot about what to do because most likely the teachers there have never had a total solar eclipse in their teaching career, so they may just be listening to ideas they get online but to actually go through they probably haven't.

Sorry for the rant, I just don't look at it as a spectacular event that has to be seen, I see it as something that happens every so often that does not change the world as we know it in any way, and I don't want to see anyone get seriously injured...especially kids, all because it's gonna get dark for a few hours that day then back to normal afterward.

Thanks
TMM
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMuscleMan For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 08:32 AM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,110 Times in 896 Posts
TommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna run around with my welding helmet on, gonna confirm to my neighbors that I ain't right in the haid...
Old 08-16-2017, 09:03 PM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,002 Times in 705 Posts
Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
This is going to be so cool!
its fake news... the "eclipse" is actually Duane "Rock" Johnson taking a selfie while doing a moonwalk from the ISS..... I know this
The Following User Says Thank You to Jester For This Useful Post:
wanabe (08-16-2017)
Old 08-16-2017, 10:25 PM
WCBB Veteran

wanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
its fake news... the "eclipse" is actually Duane "Rock" Johnson taking a selfie while doing a moonwalk from the ISS..... I know this
tooooo funny bro )))
The Following User Says Thank You to wanabe For This Useful Post:
Jester (08-16-2017)