World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Supplement Discussion forums

Supplement Discussion forums Everything you want to know about supplements. Discussion forums for bodybuilding supplements regarding muscle gain and weight loss

Old 02-27-2020, 04:03 AM
Crusader by Choice

Thanked 1,147 Times in 794 Posts
paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
I bought Nuclear Armageddon by Anabolic Warfare (LMAO) as the pre workout and it seems to help. It isn't making my skin crawl which is a good thing

I also got Muscle Sport's BCAA Revolution as an intra workout drink so we will see how this goes.

~PM

Old 02-27-2020, 04:28 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,589 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramuscle View Post
I know but I am getting up at 0230 and hitting the gym by 0300 and its really f'n hard to get going after a few days in a row. I was just looking for something to kick me up a notch.....

~PM
could be signs of over training

could be more mental than physical.....after 30-40 years body is like come on man, how much u gonna torcher me

right now, I am noticing, the 3rd day is becoming a kind of cross roads, it's like I want to do an energy check to see if I need rest, when honestly never had to deal with this road in the past

it's like does my body need the training today for the body, or does the whole need the energy for a great day.....hope that makes sense

honestly it's a bit of struggle
The Following User Says Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
paramuscle (02-28-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,112 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
I've never been big into pre-workout drinks. They are over-priced imo, when I get just as good of an edge from a $3 box of generic caffeine tabs from Wal-Mart. I'll take a tab or two of those as needed about 30-40 minutes prior to the gym, and I am usually good. I usually train 4x/week, using a DC-type style of training (yea yea...used to ), so it's not every day. I'll take one in the morning as well instead of coffee. So one in the morning to get me going, and maybe 1-2 pre-w/o as needed...sometimes I will not take anything. If I am cutting and leaning up, i'll sometimes add in ephedrine HCL, again from Wal-Mart

I feel a lot of those intra-powders work, but I am just not real big on them. I much rather have a meal an hour pre-training, then a post-w/o drink or solid meal after....rather than a post-w/o, then an intra-w/o drink during. I just feel much better w/out one, and I prefer to just sip on my water/crystal light. I'll sometimes add in a little Gatorade or KarboLoad from TN on a leg day, or if I am trying to get a little more calories from carbs if I am feeling depleted....but again, I much prefer to just spread those extra calories out throughout the day with my meals.

One reason why many guys prefer intra-carbs is because a lot of them are also taking insulin prior to training....not all, but a lot are. Therefore, it's pretty much needed.

My post-w/o drink is real simple... usually 8oz of almond milk (or just all water or milk depending on my goals) + 2-3 scoops of whey isolate + 1/2-1c of oats, all in a shake. I'll add in a banana or an apple as well if needed. If not, I just add more carbs to my other meals.

I'm able to save a ton of $$$ for not much more of a difference.

I like citrulline (malate), but I can't take it because it causes my cold sores to break out. I have a big bag of it right now in my kitchen I've had for awhile. I feel it is a good supplement if taken for certain reasons though. I think beta-alanine is effective, but I am just over getting the pins/needles feeling. Glutamine I don't take unless I get sick from a cold, as it helps strengthen the immune system with a cold.

About the only actual supplement I take for body composition still is creatine mono, but it's usually hit or miss on that as I forget about it. Creatine is the real deal though, the one tried and tested true supplement. Well, and whey isolate too

I take Alpha-lipoic acid and berberine as well for glucose disposal agents, and overall health, but their effects on appearance and performance are not gonna show much unless somebody is severely insulin resistant.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:05 AM
Crusader by Choice

Thanked 1,147 Times in 794 Posts
paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
could be signs of over training

could be more mental than physical.....after 30-40 years body is like come on man, how much u gonna torcher me

right now, I am noticing, the 3rd day is becoming a kind of cross roads, it's like I want to do an energy check to see if I need rest, when honestly never had to deal with this road in the past

it's like does my body need the training today for the body, or does the whole need the energy for a great day.....hope that makes sense

honestly it's a bit of struggle

I feel you and honestly Iíve been considering doing a 2 on and 1 off split for some time but Iím just too damn stubborn.. I do get it though. 46 years old and Iím feeling the weight of it but I am not ready to surrender...

~PM
Old 02-28-2020, 12:39 PM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,589 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
If you do it, you gotta commit to 3 months......ur mind and body are emotionally connected like a steel cable holding up the golden gate bridge....it will take that long to adjust, which I did last year 2019, until the cancer rampage readed it's head
The Following User Says Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
paramuscle (02-28-2020)