World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > General prepper discussion

Shoutbox

Old 05-16-2018, 01:04 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to behold
Can you believe it?

I have never once in my life cleaned/gutted a ....ing fish. Not once. Ever. Ive watched someone do it, but have never actually done it.

Some great prepper I am... Lol.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-16-2018, 02:37 PM
edvedr edvedr Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,071 Times in 842 Posts
edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
If you have watched people do it then as far as necessity you would do just fine. Might just not be very pretty lol. Ive been fishing pretty much my whole life but Ive only cleaned them myself a few times. I only eat COD or Striped Bass which I don't usually get many keepers of.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to beholdPen Sillman is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I figure I could mess my way through it but the fish wouldnt be a pretty sight when Im done... Lol.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:49 AM

Thanked 2,719 Times in 2,070 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
When I was a kid we could catch bluegill and scale, gut and cut head and fins off then fry them.

they were amazing. I fillet fish now, I recommend an electric fillet knife, watch your youtube and give it a try. I do not fish for bluegill anymore but they are damn tasty little fish. Best fish to work on IMO are sand bass. You can catch a mess of them, they are thicker than a crappie. just cut the little strip of red meat off, it is real fishy tasting.

this is your project for this month. catch, clean and cook a fish. even if it is just a wee bluegill you gut out.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:24 AM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
When I was a kid we could catch bluegill and scale, gut and cut head and fins off then fry them.

they were amazing. I fillet fish now, I recommend an electric fillet knife, watch your youtube and give it a try. I do not fish for bluegill anymore but they are damn tasty little fish. Best fish to work on IMO are sand bass. You can catch a mess of them, they are thicker than a crappie. just cut the little strip of red meat off, it is real fishy tasting.

this is your project for this month. catch, clean and cook a fish. even if it is just a wee bluegill you gut out.
I'm not sure I'm up to the task yet. I need to watch some YouTube videos first. I'm not sure I even know what fillet means... Lol
Old 05-18-2018, 09:44 AM

Thanked 2,719 Times in 2,070 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Sillman View Post
I'm not sure I'm up to the task yet. I need to watch some YouTube videos first. I'm not sure I even know what fillet means... Lol

HAHA, just scale a panfish, gut it, chop off the head and fry it. pull the skin off and pick the meat off the bones then you can say you have done it.

And it is delicious. Filleting takes some practice.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.