World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Powerlifting Strongman

Shoutbox

Powerlifting Strongman Discussion on powerlifting, strength and more, including the squat, dead lift, and bench press

Old 01-18-2017, 07:23 PM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
I think some of my best gains came from being hit by restrictions from various types of injuries. Blow out disc combined with a torn ligament and broken metatarsal bones, making it 100% impossible to squat even the lightest weight, resulted in an entirely different method of training. Suddenly I was seeing gains I hadn't had in years. It kind of proved to me that I only know everything there is to know about training, up until the second where everything changes. If we're training correctly then things are changing all the time, which means I don't know shit!
You said it well and have clearly experienced what I was trying to say but to a greater degree. And the point you make about it being a turning point that allowed you to excell and exceed is actually motivating me that this old dog still has some hunt.

Thanks,
Hawk
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 03-10-2017, 06:54 AM
ClearWater ClearWater Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

ClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexappeal View Post
Agreed. Training is very much like the compounds we take and even diet, we all can react different and it'd great when you can nail down what works. Myself I do well on high volume and lower carbs.
@flexappeal you're totally right about how each thing works for you. And like chicken_hawk said, it's about keeping an open mind and actually being willing to try new thibgs. I might be wrong, but BB'ing from 1960-1990 progressed differently than BB'ing from 1990-2020, but they're both 30 year windows. And the knowledge and science that's out now can help us make better and more-informed decisions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClearWater For This Useful Post:
chicken_hawk (03-12-2017), flexappeal (03-10-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:28 AM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearWater View Post
@flexappeal you're totally right about how each thing works for you. And like chicken_hawk said, it's about keeping an open mind and actually being willing to try new thibgs. I might be wrong, but BB'ing from 1960-1990 progressed differently than BB'ing from 1990-2020, but they're both 30 year windows. And the knowledge and science that's out now can help us make better and more-informed decisions.
It's the accepting that is the hardest part particularly when surrounded by younger athletes who haven't yet experienced those limiting factors and make progress regardless of their stupidity. I can honestly say that pharma can't bridge the age gap. The only thing that can come close is our mind ie experience and wisdom. I detest pulling back and changing, but these are the very things that spur progress.

Hawk
The Following User Says Thank You to chicken_hawk For This Useful Post:
ozzy69 (03-13-2017)
Old 03-13-2017, 10:49 AM

Thanked 3,400 Times in 2,715 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_hawk View Post
It's the accepting that is the hardest part particularly when surrounded by younger athletes who haven't yet experienced those limiting factors and make progress regardless of their stupidity. I can honestly say that pharma can't bridge the age gap. The only thing that can come close is our mind ie experience and wisdom. I detest pulling back and changing, but these are the very things that spur progress.

Hawk
ahhh but you work wiser now.... give it a chance, your dedicated the change might do you good!