World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health

Shoutbox

Diet and Health Weight loss support forum for all diets. Fitness discussion forum for weight loss, discuss weight and food issues unique to the dietng

Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 AM
jipped genes jipped genes Is Off Line

Thanked 2,159 Times in 1,645 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
For fat loss there is no diet better. On a more normal 2200-2500 diet I lost 15 pounds in 1 month some was water but most was fat.

need to do it again. but damn I love bread. Once on though I substitute bread for bacon

that guy is shredded. I subscribed to his channel. thanks

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 02-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, he is ripped. He looks huge for 148 lbs.

I've never educated myself on keto diets. How is it possible to get so lean on such a high fat moderate protein diet. It's counter intuitive to me.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:34 PM
Donating Member

cockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Damn, he is ripped. He looks huge for 148 lbs.

I've never educated myself on keto diets. How is it possible to get so lean on such a high fat moderate protein diet. It's counter intuitive to me.
I'll take a stab at it. In the absence of carbs, the body uses fat as it's preferred fuel source. The satiety effect generally causes people to actually eat less on this type of diet, and the body burns stored fat for fuel.

His results are pretty interesting. There must be a metabolic advantage that isn't fully understood yet. He's eating about 1500 more calories a day than he usually does, and yet hasn't gained a pound. I can't wait to see the final results and blood results. He tested his body fat level in a bodpod? At the beginning. It was 5.2%. higher, lower, or the same?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:52 AM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockswole_gentlemen View Post
I'll take a stab at it. In the absence of carbs, the body uses fat as it's preferred fuel source. The satiety effect generally causes people to actually eat less on this type of diet, and the body burns stored fat for fuel.

His results are pretty interesting. There must be a metabolic advantage that isn't fully understood yet. He's eating about 1500 more calories a day than he usually does, and yet hasn't gained a pound. I can't wait to see the final results and blood results. He tested his body fat level in a bodpod? At the beginning. It was 5.2%. higher, lower, or the same?
That's what I can't wrap head around. He's 148 lbs, eating 4k Cal's of mostly fats and he's losing weight and bf.

I can grasp the satiety effect which he experiences but he force feeds and still doesn't put on mass.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Donating Member

cockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~R~F~G~ View Post
I want to see his labs. I dropped back to a rounded off diet. More carb timed. I taper off and have little to none after 5.
RFG! But what about our keto bromance?

Just watched his day 19 video. 2 more days to go. He was 147.2 today. He's been as high as 150 and low as 145.2. his starting weight was 148.2.

Any conjecture as to what his bf%, cholesterol and triglycerides will be at?

So what did we just see here? Amped up metabolism due to extra fat calories? Could a person eat 7000 calories in keto and not gain weight? GF said he ate 5000 doing duchaine's diet and still lost weight. Certainly has been interesting to follow.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:10 PM
Donating Member

Today he did the 2nd bodpod measurement.
Day one: 5.2%bf
Day 20:. 5%bf
Old 03-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Garage Fit Gainz Garage Fit Gainz Is Off Line
Hi! I'm New Here!

Garage Fit Gainz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockswole_gentlemen View Post
I subscribe to Jason Wittrock on Youtube. He's been a keto athlete for over a year. He recently started a 21 day, 4000 calorie per day keto diet to see what the results would be. He's kind of a shrimpy little shit, but he is ripped. He got bloodwork and bodyfat tested day one, so I'm interested to see the results.

He is 6 days in to it as I write this. I'll leave the link for day one.....
[URL="https://youtu.be/Nr_tpX50FRE"]https://youtu.be/Nr_tpX50FRE[/URL]
You sure he was even in a surplus? I believe he was actually in maintenance with his bf% and training demands. What's interesting is he lost 2.1 lbs of lean mass despite his claimed 42,000 calorie surplus, 84% of his total weight loss. Not to mention he supplemented with EAS shakes, creatine, and bcaa's. None of that could spare his muscle from being converted to glucose and used for energy. So he shit fat and burned muscle for 21 days. Now everyone is running out to buy EAS Keto shakes.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage Fit Gainz View Post
You sure he was even in a surplus? I believe he was actually in maintenance with his bf% and training demands. What's interesting is he lost 2.1 lbs of lean mass despite his claimed 42,000 calorie surplus, 84% of his total weight loss. Not to mention he supplemented with EAS shakes, creatine, and bcaa's. None of that could spare his muscle from being converted to glucose and used for energy. So he shit fat and burned muscle for 21 days. Now everyone is running out to buy EAS Keto shakes.

I guess that's possible. I've watched his vlog prior to him going on this challenge. It didn't seem like he was eating this much prior but that could be due to editing.

As far as shitting fat and burning muscle, I can verify through my own keto experience, that this is not the case. I don't shit nearly as much as prior, and need to add a little fiber to help. He certainly didn't look like he burned any muscle, and he did do a bod pod measurement beginning and end which would refute the hypothesis of burning muscle for 21 days, as his lean mass measurement did not go down.

It does bother me that he didn't give a final update on bloodwork. I was really interested to see the cholesterol and triglyceride numbers.