World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > SARMs

Shoutbox

SARMs Selective androgen receptor modulators or SARMs are intended to have the same kind of effects as androgenic drugs like anabolic steroids but be much more selective in their action

Old 04-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,495 Times in 2,845 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
My experience with Osta, Ligandrol and YK11

So I decided to play with these things in capsule form. I ran Ostarine alone at different doses from 20 to 40 mg/d. I used it coming off a light cycle of anabolics. I tapered down off the anabolics and then off them for 10 days before starting my PCT which has hCG and clomid. I added in the Osta at 20 mg. I did drop the steroid water after couple weeks but maintained a good amount of the underlying muscle. Then I went up to 40 mg and seemed to incerase hardness and leaning effects. So I think it works for an addition to PCT. My testes came back but not as much as usual. Usually after about 3 weeks my testes are back to pretty full just on the SERM and the first couple weeks of hCG. So not sure if you can effectively recover with 20-40 mg/d of Osta. I do feel healthier. On cycle my BP was inching higher and higher. After a large strong cup of expresso my BP one day was 147/97. After being on the PCT+SARM My BP after that same expresso is 130/70 and when no stimulants are present my BP is around 110/65.

So Ostarine positives in PCT:
1. does not impact BP,
2. does not retain much if any water,
3. maintains muscular gains from mild steroid cycles
4. seems to ahve little to no side effects at up to 40 mg/d
5. Will add hardening and leaning effects.
6. may allow organ stress recovery from AAS

Ostarine negatives in PCT
1. Probably is suppressive at effective doses.
2. Can be expensive purchased in capsule form. You are looking at about 150-175 for the addition.

I did another experiment that was less controled. I dropped the Ostarine and replaced with Ligandrol and YK11. Ligandrol is a next generation SARM that seems to be better tolerated in women and is more anabolic than Ostarine according to most folks that have used both. YK11 is also a SARM but there is one scientific journal article that shows evidence that it increases follistatin, which suppresses myostatin. So the idea is that it is 1/2 myostatin inhibitor and 1/2 SARM. So I am using 20 mg Ligandrol and 20 mg YK11. I am about 2 weeks in and basically having the same effects as the Ostarine at 40 mg/d. Still BP is good and no noticable side effects. So some leaning effects, hardening effects, no water retention at all. Nothing dramatically different compared to Ostarine. Just more expensive. I probably should do another experiment with just 40 mg on one at a time to see. My testes are still smaller than they would be when off for 6 weeks. In the gym my strength has dropped a little bit but some days it is right up there close to the last AAS cycle. One note, Ostarine versus Ligandrol/YK11, Ostarine made my skin slightly oily wheras the LGD/YK did not.

I think these things are effective if used in doses similar to steroids. Recommended does of Ostarine is 20 mg/d. I think at 40 mg/d you start to see steroid like effects. At 20 mg/d I would day it's more like a very low replacement dose of test so doesn't really do much beyond prevent a hard crash.
-TE- (04-23-2017), acneman (04-23-2017), basskiller  (04-23-2017), Boomer (04-24-2017), BUBBA289 (04-23-2017), cockswole_gentlemen (04-23-2017), DaSarge (04-23-2017), jipped genes (06-01-2017)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 04-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Donating Member

cockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for being a guinea pig! I know very little about these substances. It's nice to see some experience laid out.
The Following User Says Thank You to cockswole_gentlemen For This Useful Post:
Glycomann (04-23-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 04:14 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Follow-up on these. I have been on Ostarine for a good 10 weeks now ith a SERM added in most of the time. When I upped my Clomid from 25 to 50 mg/d my testes gained back to full size and sex drive returned. No bloodwork but I'm pretty confident that test levels are in the low normal range with the added SERM. I dropped the SARM for a few days a couple times due to travel and my sex drive went way up.

Just a few notes.
Old 05-31-2017, 04:47 PM
Lumpy Moderator

I'm sort of on the fence right now. I'm between running a regular cycle with Primo, Test Tren Ace and Var and continuing to experiment with SARMS. I'm mostly looking to recomp and harden up so I think I can do it with either. If it's SARMs it will be Ostarine and Ligandrol stacked.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:20 AM

Thanked 2,963 Times in 2,268 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
thanks glyco, great write up

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 2,026 Times in 1,503 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
I'm sort of on the fence right now. I'm between running a regular cycle with Primo, Test Tren Ace and Var and continuing to experiment with SARMS. I'm mostly looking to recomp and harden up so I think I can do it with either. If it's SARMs it will be Ostarine and Ligandrol stacked.
So you're not a fan of the YK-11? I held out a lot of hope for that one.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the trial run.

The handful of guys I know that tried yk11 say it's a waste of money.

When it started making its rounds on to boards I found some good information about it's ineffectiveness in real world scenario.

I posted a good one​ on PM but can't find it.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:37 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TE- View Post
So you're not a fan of the YK-11? I held out a lot of hope for that one.
I would have to try it in a more controlled setting so I could ramp it up and down on its own. So I would need a couple of grams to really try it out in earnest. The strength it's sold in, probably not that effective for BBing purposes unless you are willing to shell out 2 bills. It has a shorter 1/2 life than the others, like 8 hours so 3x a day dosing and I would say 20+ mg a day to see something so it would be like 25-40 clams a week to run good quality product unless you bought the raws and capped yourself. I spent a bunch of money on the three I ran and saw something from all of them. YK11 gave me something but not that much and I probably didn't run enough of it.

Thing is some people say no sense in running higher dose than recommended by research. So something like 5-10 mg/d of like ligandrol or ostarine. Makes no sense to me. Anavar was made in 2.5 mg tabs and originally scripted at 2-10 mg/d yet people run it at 50-100 mg/d. SARMs work at the same receptor as AAS so thinking that running therapeutic doses should basically not be expected to give any more effect than 2-5 mg/d of Anavar.

So before you guys go dismissing stuff out of hand try them like you would an oral AAS. Spend a few bucks on a quality source and ramp that shit up and down to see what it does.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:45 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Another thing is that boards like PM and getbig are loaded with guys running grams many of them non-stop. So, for a guy like that to expect much from a low dose of any oral is just either foolish or disingenuous.