World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding Discussion forum

Bodybuilding Discussion forum Worldclassbodybuilding Adult Bodybuilding forum dedicated to the discussion of bodybuilding training and weightlifting advice

Old 10-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Dawgpound_Hank Dawgpound_Hank Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Dawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond repute
Yates says Curry wouldn't make top 6 in 90's

He said with him, Levrone, Ray, Flex and Nasser he wouldn't make top 6 back in the 90's. He also said Curry looked about 6 weeks out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Xws4PjFalPA

Curry's response:

ďSo in a nutshell, itís Dorian being Dorian. Nobody did it harder, stricter, and as hardcore as Dorian. We got one legendary video to prove it! He can have that. Iíll just inarguably give that to him. He needs that, itís his legacy. So of course bodybuilders didnít work as hard as he did. Hell yeah we may rely more on technology or PEDís. So this makes his way and his era better, simple as that, you know why? He says so and some others would agree with him. We know his way made him a champion and some may say the most bad ass, hardest working, blue collar, and grainy bodybuilder that ever lived. He can have that but this guy right here [referring to Curry himself] is completely different and Iím totally cool with it. I got to watch a video just the other day that put the 1993 Dorian and 2019 Brandon head to head and pose for pose. I love the comparison and Iím happy to be just who I am as well. Iím sure he can attest to how not winning your first Olympia at 100% on a vacated title makes you more dangerous if you do improve and continue.Ē

What's ya'lls take?
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-07-2019, 05:58 AM

Thanked 4,684 Times in 3,590 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Good vid. I never really got into BB as a sport. I do not have a take. I will say that neither guy said what they said what they did out of malice. Curry's response is pretty good. He does not attack Yates rather just basically says it is a different time...

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 10-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,357 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Yates. Nothing against Curry, but he got a gift this year with Rhoden, Heath, Ramy, and Kai not there. In fact many have made a case for Choppan as the winner. I don't have a problem with Curry winning, I too had Choppan as the winner, but he was not conditioned like he should have been, especially compared to his look at the Arnold, so J also agree with Yates conditioning statement. It was a disappointing Olympia...imagine if Choppan didn't even show up...he's the only reason there was excitement.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:39 AM
GBAGH GBAGH Is Off Line
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
I had a whole long post going on here and the old lady pissed me off. Now here is the short version. F*CK Brandon Curry. He's sh*t compared to any of the actual great bodybuilders that should have been at that show. He's super mega SH*T compared to bodybuilders from the 90s.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:12 AM
therealj therealj Is Off Line
Community Veteran

therealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud oftherealj has much to be proud of
90’s > and it’s not even close. Yates is bang on and likely could have extended his comments to the top 10 and still be accurate.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Boomer Boomer Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Boomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond repute
I'll just refer to the vid that was posted a few years back with direct comparisons side by side with Yates and Heath.....
When Curry wins a few Sandows, he can talk, until then, know you role and stay in your lane.
Kudos to winning, now go and proved you aren't a 2-stroke joke
Old 10-07-2019, 12:37 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,738 Times in 2,698 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
I don't care which era it is, 70's, 80's, 90's to last year...Curry would not be in the top 6. He was given the title this year, he did not win it. IMO of course.
Saying the anyone on the stage won the Mr. Olympia this year is like saying they won the Olympics when all the other teams boycotted it.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:30 PM
pincushn pincushn Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,479 Times in 1,181 Posts
pincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond repute
Doran could of pulled his shirt off and got on stage that night and out done Curry lol Prob smaller but I bet more condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
Killin' it man. You are the whitest guy i've seen with the blackest nutsack.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:51 PM
GBAGH GBAGH Is Off Line

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincushn View Post
Doran could of pulled his shirt off and got on stage that night and out done Curry lol Prob smaller but I bet more condition.
No one saw all of this coming. If we knew last september that this was going to be a no name free for all, it would have been cool to see Dorian go in the dungeon for a year and see what kind of package he could have brought to the stage. It would have been super cool to see him come back one last time and destroy everyone.

I am pretty sure that former Mr Olympias have an open invite to come back and compete for a lifetime. I don't think that they have to qualify or file for an exemption?
Old 10-07-2019, 05:54 PM
GBAGH GBAGH Is Off Line

It looks like he is pretty good freakin' shape to me.