World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 10-16-2018, 06:34 AM
WCBB Veteran

Estrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond repute
I understand. Yea problem with diazides once it's in you can't reverse it. know guys that inject it. Some do well others flat line within mins. You know your own body. Good luck to ya mate. When is this next show? Keep us posted.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-16-2018, 09:31 AM
snowpatrol snowpatrol Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

snowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrogen Guy View Post
I understand. Yea problem with diazides once it's in you can't reverse it. know guys that inject it. Some do well others flat line within mins. You know your own body. Good luck to ya mate. When is this next show? Keep us posted.
My hope is definitely to use as little dyazide as possible; like you mentioned...none would be ideal

The show is this Saturday; I'm flying 4hrs thursday so I might start some aldactone tonight to make sure I don't get too watery from that
Old 10-23-2018, 03:51 PM
WCBB Veteran

snowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like my last post was about a week before nationals so I'll try to fill in the gaps between then and now

"Peak week" for me historically, and recently has been virtually no different than 2 - 3 weeks out of the show:
- Carbs are already low, I don't usually drop them lower (and didn't this time either)
- Cardio is moderately high, that stays the same though historically I'd stop on Wednesday but in order to ensure I made weight for both of these shows I kept it in and even ratcheted it up a little on Friday before weigh-ins
- Posing is a little more frequent and intense, and I start to think about what song to use and what I want to do in my routine
- Gear stays the same but I will do my last injections roughly 4-5 days before the show for safety's sake

My weight was about 2lbs lower throughout the week, so rather than having to go from 224.8 to <220 on friday it was closer to a roughly 223 starting point on waking, though I didn't trust the scale at my airBNB

So to elaborate, I worked mon/tue/wed...flew to toronto (4hrs) thursday afternoon and landed at 10pm EST. My airbnb hosts picked me up from the airport (for a moderate 'extra' cost, lol) and obliged me by stopping at walmart so I could get some whole eggs, eggwhites and steak

Friday morning I woke up, realized their scale was a total shit dial-style fiasco and pondered my options

My coach said well we know especially after flying you very likely need to drop some water so I walked over to the community rec center, didn't bother weighing myself and hopped on the stairmill...after one riverdale episode (roughly 45mins later) I cooled down for another 15mins on a treadmill then stripped and weighed myself on their electronic scale - it too was a little shady but it finally 'locked' in at 220.0

I called my coach who said good enough, head to the venue so you can weigh in and start eating (I hadn't since the night before)

They wouldn't let me check my weight before weighing in and starting a 30min timer if I was over so I was a little stressed, not knowing how accurate the gym scale had been. I went outside, smoked and walked around the buildling spitting as much as I could for about half an hour anyways then my coach and I said .... it lets do this...run stairs for 28mins if I'm overweight but when I weighed in I was just under 218 * fml * needless to say I'll make sure to bring my own scale next time

Once I was done weighins and registration, I ate about eight packs of instant oatmeal dry, some twizzlers and a snickers then had a quick nap. My tan was later in the afternoon, athlete's meeting (as usual, a complete waste of time) that evening then I had steak and fries with only sips of water and half a diazyde before bed

Woke up at 4:30am to get my second tan applied (at the venue) at 5:15, then came back and napped again until I left for the venue again around 9. Ended up taking the stage much later than expected, probably around 11.

Prejudging went well, I was in fourth or fifth so I knew to be ready to do my routine that evening. I had an ahi tuna poke, a burger and some fries, another nap and quarter diazyde then it was time to head back to the venue for finals.

My routine went well, posing felt much better than the previous show and I ended up with fifth place which I was actually quite happy with for my first foray in classic at the national level.

My coach's feedback was that fourth was within my grasp but posing was likely the difference there, top 3 had me on physique/proportions so as always, there's work to do this offseason. What's interesting/helpful is that it's far more clear what specifically needs to be addressed when you have a weight cap rather than just 'grow everything' (in the superheavyweight class)

In order to stay under the weight cap, my legs probably need to come down 5% in size to accommodate 5-10% upper body growth (particularly arms and back) so that will be an interesting and somewhat-difficult adjustment to make to my training...

I find it hard to justify paying $150 for stage photos of a fifth place finish but here are a few that I've found from the internet or friends:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snowpatrol For This Useful Post:
Boomer (10-25-2018), cockswole_gentlemen (10-28-2018), Littleguy1 (10-28-2018), paramuscle (10-28-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 08:16 AM
trip trip Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 2,043 Times in 1,663 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
man, great commentary

you looked unbelievable in my book

understand the assessment....yet man, u looked peeled proportioned and full

bit in the back with some thickness n peak on the bi and I really don't know what more you could do

i'd be estatic proud and cocky as hell lol
The Following User Says Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
snowpatrol (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 11:23 AM
legaljuicer legaljuicer Is Off Line
Community Veteran

legaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond repute
awesome work brother and great information
The Following User Says Thank You to legaljuicer For This Useful Post:
snowpatrol (10-29-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 03:26 AM
trip trip Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 2,043 Times in 1,663 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
bump for success of fellow board member
The Following User Says Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
snowpatrol (10-29-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 04:40 AM
Machiavelli Machiavelli Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Unbelievable work and dedication there SP. you should be very proud of what you achieved, as you mentioned the weight cap does make it interesting. Looking forward to seeing the 5% decrease in legs and 10% increase up top.

Question, what drives you to keep your discipline?
The Following User Says Thank You to Machiavelli For This Useful Post:
snowpatrol (10-29-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 08:32 AM
paramuscle paramuscle Is Off Line
Crusader by Choice

Thanked 1,323 Times in 894 Posts
paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Great job brother. Hard work paying off.

~PM
snowpatrol (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 12:53 PM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Unbelievable work and dedication there SP. you should be very proud of what you achieved, as you mentioned the weight cap does make it interesting. Looking forward to seeing the 5% decrease in legs and 10% increase up top.

Question, what drives you to keep your discipline?
If I'm not going to give a canned answer then this actually provokes a lot more thoughtful introspection than you might've anticipated when asking it

Most people (myself included) have more than one reason for doing a thing, bodybuilding/competing is no different for me at least

Reasons I started training/lifting/bodybuilding (and continue[d] to do so):
- healthy(ish) alternative to the 'party' lifestyle I was actively trying to get out of
- comes with a built in 'friend-group' or community with similar goals / intentions (ostensibly, at least)
- tired of being perennially lanky/small when playing sports etc (practical and ego reasons)

Reasons for competing:
- I'm competitive, so having a venue to measure my progress against others' appeals to me
- bodybuilding/training/eating 'right' isn't always my favourite thing to do but having competition(s) on the horizon help motivate me to push on
The Following User Says Thank You to snowpatrol For This Useful Post:
Machiavelli (10-30-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 03:42 PM
WCBB Veteran

Estrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good my friend.