World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Off topic > General Chat The lounge

Old 10-14-2020, 12:56 AM
Community Veteran

Dawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Boxing: Us old guys are blessed

I've been on a youtube boxing kick like I get often. While watching some old fights, I gotta say, I am blessed, as are many of you guys around my age, when it comes to boxing. We lived in a time to witness some of the greatest fighters ever. Some of the greatest fights ever. Let's see some of the greats we all were lucky enough to see fight in decades past:

Ali
Frazier
Foreman
Norton
Shavers
Holmes
Duran
Hagler
Leonard
Hearns
Benitez
Palomino
Monzon
Tyson
Chavez
Camacho
Pazienza
Pernell
Buster Douglas - Greatest upset ever in all of sports at 42-1 dog!
Holyfield
Foreman again (comeback)
Morrison
Boe
Tua
Golota - Greatest talent ever for a white hvwt but was a mental case
De La Hoya
Mosely
Trinidad
Vargas
Roy
Hopkins
Toney
Lennox
Klitschko
Ward
Gatti
Corrales
Castillo
Mayweather
Cotto
Morrales
Marquez
Barrera
Pacquiao

I'm sure I missed many - those are just off the top of my head. Some of those guys weren't necessarily great, but man they showed us some of the best fights ever, ie, Ward/Gatti, Corrales/Castillo, Boe/Golota, and the upset that everyone remembers: The night Buster shocked the world!

I pity the millennials.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawgpound_Hank For This Useful Post:
Glycomann (10-14-2020)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-14-2020, 06:37 AM

Thanked 4,686 Times in 3,592 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
So many great fighters there. I watch Ward/Gatti I and II at least 2-3 times a year. What wars.

Golota sure did throw a bunch of low blows. Honestly i think he was talented with LONG arms but when he wanted out he would just throw em low. I watched that live and remember the post fight...fight.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Dawgpound_Hank (10-14-2020), Glycomann (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 08:24 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,221 Times in 4,022 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Haha. The White Buffalo. I forgot about that guy.

Man the late 90's early 00's were amazing. I like your list. These were my favorite guys to watch.

De La Hoya
Mosely
Trinidad
Vargas
Roy
Hopkins
Toney
Lennox
Klitschko
Ward
Gatti
Corrales
Castillo
Mayweather
Cotto
Morrales
Marquez
Barrera
Pacquiao

I would add some great journeymen like, Oba Carr and Ike Quartay. They fought the top guys, but just could not get the win. Zab Judah was great until he fought Kosta Tszyu. I really liked watching some of the young talent that kind of fizzled out like, Panchito Bojada. He wrecked the first 13 guys or so in the first round then ran into a guy he could not knock out, got a boxing lesson and it was pretty much the end of his career. You also had Prince, who I f**king could not stand, but he could fight.
Dawgpound_Hank (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 10:01 AM
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
So many great fighters there. I watch Ward/Gatti I and II at least 2-3 times a year. What wars.

Golota sure did throw a bunch of low blows. Honestly i think he was talented with LONG arms but when he wanted out he would just throw em low. I watched that live and remember the post fight...fight.
Gatti was best friend with a guy I worked with (coach); if you want to hear jamaicain, english and quebecois swearing at once
Dawgpound_Hank (10-14-2020), MR. BMJ  (10-14-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 11:51 PM
Community Veteran

Dawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post

I watched it live too and remember like yesterday going in late to work on night shift so I could watch it all. I called my best friend who we usually watched all the big fights together and screamed at him "James, turn it on HBO man you won't believe this shit - this white boy is taking Boe to school!". We stayed on the phone watching it, and remember tripping the fuq out when he kept throwing all those low blows. I mean c'mon, ya got the fight in the bag and you are literally BLOWING IT you dumbfuq!lol

I remember Golota was on David Letterman the week after the fight, and man Dave had a blast with him. You could definitely see the dude wasn't playing with a full deck. When the rematch happened and he did the exact same thing, it was like you couldn't believe what you were seeing. It was surreal. Such potential down the drain - the guy lost MILLIONS bcoz of his idiotic actions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawgpound_Hank For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 12:36 AM
Deacon Deacon Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Deacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond repute
you are def right about that the list of great ones who will never be forgotten - i remember watching the Boom Boom Mancini fight when Ray beat the Korean fighter who later died - such a tragedy but again Ray Mancini was a amazing fighter - i loved watching Hearns - Hagler - Leonard - even Leon Spinx and Ali -- what amazing guys
The Following User Says Thank You to Deacon For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (10-15-2020)