World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Supplement Discussion forums > Suppplement Profiles

Shoutbox

Old 06-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Thanked 18,579 Times in 10,774 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
Germanium

Germanium is a trace mineral that has been called one of the greatest new developments in the nutritional treatment of cancer. In its inorganic form germanium has no nutritional benefits, although it is an effective semiconductor, or a substance that is good at transporting electrons. Inorganic germanium is related to silicon, and is used in the electronics industry to make computer chips.

However, organic germanium, also called Germanium-132, or Ge-Oxy 132, has been shown to protect the body from cancerous cell and tumor growth by strengthening the immune system. Germanium may be a potential treatment for cancer as well as other degenerative diseases associated with aging and free radical damage.

Many of the important herbs and medicinal plants traditionally used in healing, including ginseng, garlic, comfrey, and aloe vera, all contain substantial amounts of germanium. The therapeutic benefits of these herbs may be linked to the high amounts of germanium they contain.

Organic germanium was first successfully synthesized by Dr. Kazuhiko Asai of Tokyo, Japan. Dr. Asai found that organic germanium protect against cancer by stimulating the production of interferon, a substance that stimulates the production of natural killer (NK) cells, which directly combat cancer cells. Dr. Asai was the first to develop the process for producing an organic germanium that was chemically identical to the form extracted from plants, but much less costly and therefore more accessible to the public. The chemical name for this organic germanium compound is bis-carboxyethyl germanium sesquioxide. Since then, several other Japanese companies have patented other processes for the production of organic germanium.

Organic germanium helps increases oxygen in the body, which has been shown to retard the growth of cancer cells an may even help return those cells to their normal state. Dr. Otto Warburg, who won the Nobel prize for his cancer research, discovered that cancer cells cannot survive in an oxygen-rich environment. Organic germanium carries oxygen across cellular membranes into the cell, which helps fight diseases caused by insufficient cellular oxygenation, or oxidative free-radical damage. One study published in the Journal of Interferon Research concluded that organic germanium restored the function of T-cells, B-lymphocytes, and natural killer cell activity, while increasing the number of antibody-forming cells, without any side effects. Research suggests that germanium may help treat cancer of the lungs, bladder, larynx and breast, as well as depression, asthma, arthritis, heavy metal poisoning, sinus infection, diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, neuralgia, leukemia, and cirrhosis.

Organic germanium may cause minor side effects, including skin rash and diarrhea. Therapeutic doses of germanium should be administered only under the care of a qualified physician, with appropriate monitoring of kidney function. In addition, most research indicates that germanium functions best when used in conjunction with, rather than in place of, traditional or alternative cancer therapy.

Germanium is currently available in capsules and tablet supplements. It is also available in pure powder form, which can be stirred into water to make a liquid that must be stored in the refrigerator maintain its stability. It is also sometimes included in smaller amounts in combination multivitamin-mineral supplement formulations. Liquid organic germanium is sometimes inhaled in a nebulizer used to oxygenate the lungs of lung cancer, emphysema, and asthma patients.

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms
Precision Pinz

Beyondsupplements
Myprotein.com
Strength.com
i-Supplements
A1Supplements.com
BulkSupplements.com
Egg Whites International <---100% Bio-Available Egg White Protein

Remember... Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 03-29-2011, 05:19 PM
henryv henryv Is Off Line
Community Veteran

henryv is on a distinguished road
Not to be confused with Geranamine (methylhexanamine), an extract of geranium.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:28 PM
captainbicept captainbicept Is Off Line
Donating Member

captainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond repute
The extract 1, 3 dimethyl.... is a fantastic compound.
It provides great, borderline euphoric energy.
I do not like taking caffeine pre-workout.
However, this is one supplement, that I regularly use before working out.
I do not use it everytime.
I use a mix of different things everytime.
For the last couple of months my allergies have been terrible, so I have been taking Primatene ephedrine tablets before I go workout almost everytime.
I am not using it for its stimulant effect.
It helps open my lungs better than anything else I have come across.
Being able to breathe easilly while lifting, really contributes to your workout.
For those effects, I just follow the instructions on the box, take 25 mgs.

If you are not ready to give it all; give up.

I'll never do steroids to get stronger. I only do them for the roid rage.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Jester Jester Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,097 Times in 774 Posts
Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
interesting
Old 03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbicept View Post
The extract 1, 3 dimethyl.... is a fantastic compound.
Agreed. Any chance of a profile on that?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Donating Member

captainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryv View Post
Agreed. Any chance of a profile on that?
profile?

Old 03-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
profile?
This is the supplement profiles section. This thread is about Germanium. It's kinda been derailed onto Geranamine, though that wasn't my intention, so I suggested a profile of Geranamine, since there isn't one.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Donating Member

I could find one and post it here.
However, my chemistry is not advanced enough to write a detailed article on the subject.
Glycoman could, I couldn't.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
I could find one and post it here.
However, my chemistry is not advanced enough to write a detailed article on the subject.
Glycoman could, I couldn't.
I didn't mean you in particular, sorry I should have been clearer. I was just attempting to prevent the thread derailing.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryv View Post
I didn't mean you in particular, sorry I should have been clearer. I was just attempting to prevent the thread derailing.
So what would you like or looking for?
We are here to serve.