World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Shoutbox

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:04 PM

Thanked 2,545 Times in 2,193 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Swelling

As you know I had a TKR early July. Knee is always swollen and stiff except first thing in the morning. I ice the knee every couple of hours but it doesn't do shit. What would you guys do? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:36 PM
Community Veteran

Massive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
As you know I had a TKR early July. Knee is always swollen and stiff except first thing in the morning. I ice the knee every couple of hours but it doesn't do shit. What would you guys do? Any help would be appreciated.
I am kinda late to the party but a simple supplement like bromelain works wonders post surgery and for healing anti-inflammatory effects...
just don't take if you are on blood thinners or antibiotics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529416/

I take 500mg 3 times a day.
Bromelain's potency is based on gdu's or gelatin dissolving units, it varies among brands mine is 600 gdu's in 500 mg and I don't exceed 1800 gdu's a day.

Hope you feel better soon and get some relief.

Last edited by Massive G; 08-12-2018 at 01:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Massive G For This Useful Post:
millenium girl (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 01:40 PM

millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive G View Post
I am kinda late to the party but a simple supplement like bromelain works wonders post surgery and for healing anti-inflammatory effects...
just don't take if you are on blood thinners or antibiotics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529416/
Excellent. Worth a try
Old 08-13-2018, 06:56 AM

Thanked 2,843 Times in 2,173 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I do not know post surgery. I kinda think that once you sit up and the joint i not moving it will swell. At least in my experience. Can you lie down and elevate it periodically during the day? Talk to your doc.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
millenium girl (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
I do not know post surgery. I kinda think that once you sit up and the joint i not moving it will swell. At least in my experience. Can you lie down and elevate it periodically during the day? Talk to your doc.
I elevate and ice the knee several times a day.
I started a combo of Bromelain and Quercetin today. I hope it will help.