World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Off topic > Friends Remembered

Friends Remembered Friends and members that paved the way for these forums. Friend that we have come to love and respect . Gone, but not forgotten

Old 07-14-2020, 02:54 AM
Administrator

Thanked 3,135 Times in 2,369 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
ANIMAL passed away

https://www.timesleaderonline.com/ob.../06/doug-beck/

Somebody from his board posted the following:

Quote:
animal is dead.
https://www.timesleaderonline.com/ob.../06/doug-beck/

the domain name expired early june, he didnt renew it, i texted him a few times, called him and the phone said it was not in service. i msgd one of the guys to swing by and check on him but the guy i reached to was out of state working. he died late june and i went about getting the domain name at auction, im posting this from the back end and the domain should be visible in a day or so. i am writing this monday evening july 13th .

i dont have details so dont ask. i posted the obit at the top..... one of the guys is in touch with the wife and she would like to get rid of animals remaining supplements which the board member will help her sort out in the coming weeks.

i own the board now and will keep it up if there is interest but i am thinking that without animal around, aside from this being an archive of sorts, its likely to die out pretty quickly, especially since the trouble animal had over the past year kept him from finding the time, energy, focus or willpower to make it to the board to post.

RIP ....er !!! see ya when i get there...
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-14-2020, 09:38 AM
Community Veteran

Pig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond repute
WOW. Just wow.

As many know, I used to have an unhealthy obsession with Animal, but I have not kept up with him for several years. I didn't even know he still ran a board. Somewhere in one of my old hard drives I have a dossier on him, including the bike photo I eventually found which ultimately revealed him not to be the muscle monster he used to portray himself to be. I just did a quick look online for the photo, but couldn't find it. I may try to find and post it later.

We were online friends for awhile, chatting regularly with him and Sleeper on ICQ (remember ICQ?) but I soon learned that he really wasn't someone to be trusted and who could not trust others after he disclosed some private personal information about me on the boards when he got unreasonably pissed about something minor.

If someone would be kind enough to summarize the "trouble Animal had over the last year" and what he's been up to for the last 10 years or so, I would greatly appreciate it. I suppose my unhealthy obsession still exists to a certain extent. So many questions....did he get cancer from his wild self-experimentation? Did he ever get therapy? Did he succumb to mental illness? Above all I'm very curious as to how he died.

Even though I felt he was a fraud and opportunist, I am sorry to hear of his death and I especially feel sorry for his family.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pig Vomit For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Community Veteran

A.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond reputeA.B has a reputation beyond repute
Jesus. Rip animal.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:06 AM
Community Veteran

Pig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond reputePig Vomit has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, my obsession still exists.

In 2007 he had a "Persistent Disorderly Conduct" case which I'm not sure what that means....could have been he was harassing a neighbor, but it could be any one of a number of things.

In 2017 he had a couple of significant charges.....he was arrested for a DUI hit and run, and also had a separate case for carrying a concealed weapon. He got 2 years unsupervised probation for his weapon charge, no apparent violations. He was not on probation at the time of his death.

A search for federal cases turned up nothing.

Just found his obit from the funeral home, with (old) picture: https://www.toothmanfuneralhome.com/obituary/doug-beck

Also, this pic from his son's Facebook from March, 2011 (later edited to crop out his son for privacy):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 209040_103746796375829_3185408_o - Copy.jpg (127.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Pig Vomit; 07-14-2020 at 10:49 PM.
MR. BMJ  (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Thanked 8,664 Times in 5,689 Posts
Willis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond repute
RIP Animal
Old 07-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,744 Times in 2,702 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
RIP Animal
Old 07-14-2020, 02:53 PM
Administrator

MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Vomit View Post
Yes, my obsession still exists.

In 2007 he had a "Persistent Disorderly Conduct" case which I'm not sure what that means....could have been he was harassing a neighbor, but it could be any one of a number of things.

In 2017 he had a couple of significant charges.....he was arrested for a DUI hit and run, and also had a separate case for carrying a concealed weapon. He got 2 years unsupervised probation for his weapon charge, no apparent violations. He was not on probation at the time of his death.

A search for federal cases turned up nothing.

Just found his obit from the funeral home, with (old) picture: https://www.toothmanfuneralhome.com/obituary/doug-beck
From a guy at ProM...

Quote:
A had rough year , Major concussion head injury at the hands of the law enforcement..... That it seemed he just could not shake. The rest is the families business.
Maybe he is talking of the 2017 arrest....?

I wouldn't put it past Animal to make something up though, but that would be a guess on my part. He wasn't exactly the most honest guy in the world.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:04 PM
Community Veteran

Thanks for the additional info, BMJ. In my online searches, I did not come across any civil cases involving Animal. Knowing him, I'm 100% sure that if he suffered an unwarranted concussion at the hands of law enforcement, he would have filed a civil suit. Possible he was injured in the hit and run? Purely speculation on my part.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:56 PM
Community Veteran

I just did a deep dive, found Facebook pages of many of his relatives, including his wife, daughter-in-law, sister, nephews, etc. No mention of cause, only one person posted his obit. I did find a picture from approx 2017 of his family at a graduation ceremony for his son. Very normal looking family. For some reason I didn't expect that.

Here's the photo, but I cropped out the rest of the family for privacy purposes. Much as I disliked Animal, I don't want to post anything which would distress the family.
MR. BMJ  (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Good call on the privacy cropping brother