World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 09-14-2017, 03:00 PM
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
Canelo vs ggg

so your takers

Old 09-14-2017, 05:08 PM
acneman acneman Is Off Line
BANNED

Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,421 Posts
acneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond repute
canelo ko
Old 09-15-2017, 02:29 AM
Triple D Star Triple D Star Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
I'll never root against a fellow Mexican, so I'm rooting for Canelo.

But my unbiased analysis is that it's 50-50 fight, 50-45 at best.

I think it's going to come down to whether Alvarez can handle Golovkin's power & whether Golovkin can handle Alvarez' hand speed & power combination.

Golovkin is a pressure fighter. He is associated with "Mexican Style", although I disagree. Mexican style essentially means that you fight like Julio Cesar Chavez who lots of times wasn't the biggest, strongest or fastest fighter but he always came forward & won lots of fights on grit & determination. Basically, you don't back down for anything. Chavez has a legendary chin if you google greatest chins of all time his name is bound to come up.

Golovkin has a good/great chin, but if you watch the Daniel Jacobs fight you will see him back up. That's the fight that went to a decision & was pretty close. Kell Brook also gave him trouble but was just way too small to hurt Golovkin & make it truly competitive. Canelo needs to prove to Golovkin that he can land his combinations & hurt him in order to make him hesitant & backpedal a bit, otherwise, he will walk him down.

Now Canelo Alvarez although being Mexican doesn't actually fight with "Mexican Style". He's a counter puncher with great hand speed & combinations for his size. He has good foot speed for a guy his size but I wouldn't say he's fast. He has really good head, waist & body movement to slip punches. He also has pretty good feints, basically, he is always moving making it hard for the opponent to land a big punch & also setting up an attack. That's his biggest advantages over Golovkin IMO, Golovkin relies on his chin too much. Chavez the originator of Mexican style had great head movement, Golovkin head movement is almost nonexistent.

I don't think either has one knockout power. Even GGG who has the reputation, it's not like Tyson or Prince Naseem Hamed where one punch can end it. He's more of I am going to smother you & land jabs, hooks, straights, uppercuts & so forth till you submit.

If Canelo can't handle his power & anybody will really know till he gets hit in the face, then GGG will win. & btw I think both are going to get hit with the other punchers best, this is not a Mayweather fight lol & neither of them has those type of defensive skills.

Canelo's defense is good enough that he could slip or neutralize most of his punches & it would be up to GGG to handle his power combinations & deal with his hand speed. If he becomes hesitant or backpedals then Canelo wins.

The key for Canelo is he has to be alert at all times which I think is his problem, I'm not sure if it's because of his opponents or what but at times I feel like he shows off & has gone as far as to lay on the ropes & call his opponent to come take a swing at him. He can't be doing any of that against Golovkin. I don't think we'll see a one punch KO but one punch could stagger him or hurt him & Golovkin is a brutal finisher that will not let up once he sees he's hurt.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line
Donating Member

Thanked 3,510 Times in 2,767 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
GGG - The power the guy has is unreal. I have watched him knock dudes out with glancing shots and even knock guys out when he lands second. He does not have to hit you flush. However, his defense is his offense.
Canelo - A better boxer and better defense. However, he is smaller and like you said he takes time off during the match. GGG will not allow him to take any time off.

GGG by KO and he retires afterwards. Unless he wants to beat up Cotto.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:59 AM

Thanked 2,685 Times in 2,041 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
it's a pick em. GGG is favored in my head by a small margin.

i think GGG is the bigger man like GF said. reach is about the same.

the biggest asset GGG has is his cardio. canelo fades a bit, not bad but by round 8 his power fades considerably. while GGG keeps that snap.

I also think GGG throws a ton of jabs to disrupt then attacks with power when you think another jab is coming. Canelo has a great defense and incredible chin. inside he has the advantage being the shorter man.

I think the big deal will be the slight 1.5" height advantage (canelo has a .5 reach advantage which is marginal) power guys like canelo do not like to punch up. it will effect him if GGG can slip shots and make canelo miss. he WILL get tired. better to hit gloves to stop momentum.

I want to see this bad but no way am I spending the $$$ right now.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:55 AM
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
I think Triple G fades more then Canelo, at least his power does.

If I where Canelo my game plan would be to tag GGG early, just enough to make him respect your power & then stick to countering & defense for a few rounds. Work the body as much as you can & go for the kill in the later rounds.

GGG wins if it ends rounds 1-8

If it ends in rounds 9 & 10 either of them could win.

If it ends. rounds 11 & 12, it's a victory for Canelo.

The key is Canelo has to be focused at all times. Triple G has no head movement so I'm sure he'll get tagged, , the thing is he also seems to have a great chin albeit he's never been hit by someone like Canelo & he avoids kill shots. When he fought Lemieux he boxed him, he didn't trade punches with & he avoided Lemieux 2 knockout punches. Which is smart & props to him but my point is that he's not the invincible monster he's been made out to be.

A young Julio César Chávez, a Marvin Hagler, Vitali Klitsko all had better chins imo, they would eat the opponents best & not even flinch. Despite that, they all lost as well.

It's going to be interesting to see if GGG is going to try to box or brawl with Canelo. I'm thinking he tries to brawl & it's going to come down to down to wether he can handle the pressure & power. Like I've said he has to make him respect his power & backpedal, not the whole fight obviously but enough to ease the pressure from Golovkin. If GGG tries to box Canelo, I think it's advantage Canelo because I believe he has the better skills.

Oh & here's a interesting thing about the power of each. This is coming from 2 fighters who have sparred with both GGG & Canelo, theirs lots of YouTube videos on it.

Surprisingly or at least to me they say that Canelo has the most powerful punch . Meaning if one fighter could land one punch, Canelo would have the strongest punch. Here is the thing though, it has to be set up & he only throws them on occasions. Basically it's a counter overhead right, a counter left hook, a counter uppercut & he is able to land this punches with the use of feints as well.

Here is the thing with Triple G though, all of his punches hurt lol. His jab hurts people whereas most fighters just use the jab to find range or back off the opponent. He doesn't even have to land a clean punch to hurt you & even if you block it, you still get hurt. Both fighters said that even when he hit them in their shoulder or hands they felt his power. That after a while you start to feel pain when you throw your own punches because of the punishment the arms & shoulders receive. He's relentless & throws from all angles & like I said every punch hurts, so it's not like you can gameplan to avoid the left hook or overhand right or even like Barrera who gameplanned to avoid Naseem Hamed's left hand altogether. GGG can hurt you with either hand & different types of punches.

I'm super excited about this fight, it's guaranteed action & damn has this been a great year for boxing.

& Jipped you should bootleg or drive to Easf Texas & watch it with me & my family. Tacos & tortas & Mexican beer provided lol
Old 09-16-2017, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,647 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
SPOILER BELOW....

Seriously, A DRAW?

Man, boxing makes me scratch my head. How the hell do you get:

"The bout was scored 118-110 (Canelo), 115-113 (GGG) and 114-114"

That's horseshiiit. I didn't see the fight, so i'm not sure who really should have won (though I kept reading people state it looked like GGG was gonna end up winning by decision online before the judges gave their score cards).....how is there such a big difference in scoring...what a joke. Boxing kills itself.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Donating Member

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
....ing bullshit decision. Byrd was suspended before for her poor scoring of fights and she did it again, 118-110. Are you ....ing kidding me? Even the 114-114 was a joke.
Jester (09-18-2017)
Old 09-17-2017, 01:49 AM
WCBB Veteran

To be fair judging is terrible in any sport & yes that has always been the drawback of boxing. It's kind of like when soccer ends in penalty shootouts, you're going to feel slighted at times.

I don't think this the robbery of the century or even of the last couple of years imo though.

My personal observation: Golovkin should have won by a narrow margin let's say 7 rounds to 5.

Canelo did exactly what I didn't want that ....er to do, he kept going to the ropes & trying to draw Golovkin in to show off or idk what the hell, I guess he is looking to land a big counter or tire him, I'm not sure. The rope a dope only works if you knock your opponent out & GGG has world class chin clearly.In the later rounds, he wanted Canelo on the ropes.

I think Canelo landed the biggest shots but Golovkin landed more & kept the pressure on with the jab. If Canelo doesn't do the rope crap & boxes him in the middle of the ring I think he wins. He was making Golovkin backpedal doing that & when he did the rope crap, it backfired on him because it got Golovkin comfortable & in rhythm.

Yeah I'm a Canelo fan but I'll admit if he lost this one, I would agree but I can also see the draw. If you've seen GGG fight before, Canelo made him fight like he has never fought before & Canelo actually fought like Canelo, this is what he has done with pretty much all his opponents, the only difference is that the other opponents didn't keep coming forward like Golovkin.

In the end it was a great fight, like a damn good fight imo. I think this is the classic of this generation, I honestly believe that & I am looking forward to the 2nd fight & possibly the 3rd.

2017 has been great for boxing & it's only going to get better. That card with Charlo & Trout is nice. Joshua fights Perez & we are getting Rigondeaux VS Lomachenko in December which I think is the first time a double gold medalist fights another double gold medalist.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Donating Member

I had it 8-4 and maybe Canelo did land some big shots, but to score them as big shots they have to have an effect on the opponent, which they did not. GGG ate them and walked through them. I watch every fight with the sound off, so I do not hear everyone's biased opinions of the fight. GGG looked good, Canelo looked like he was only in there to survive for several rounds. I wish this was a 15 round fight.