World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 09-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Community Veteran

dalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond repute
Before you cry for Ortiz...............

Victor Ortiz vs. Corey Alarcon - YouTube

Mod @ MassMonsterz
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-20-2011, 11:38 PM
derek31 derek31 Is Off Line
Lifetime Member

derek31 is on a distinguished road
Anyone in the fight game! knows there inatial instructions from the ref. PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:23 AM
basskiller basskiller Is Off Line
Administrator

Thanked 18,378 Times in 10,667 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
that was just as dirty.. but the one doesn't excuse the other
Ortiz was wrong for headbutting and the ref was right for stopping the fight.. Keyword "STOPPING" the fight and deducting a point from Ortiz.. The fighters can only start boxing again when the ref restarts the fight.. Not a second before.. and the ref clearly didn't restart the fight.. You guys can pull up all the vids you want.. It still doesn't change the rules.. One bad act doesn't negate the other.. They are both wrong. Look it.. I knew mayweather would win.. Just didn't want to see it end with such a bad decision on the ref's part, nor mayweathers.. He didn't need to do that shit.. Anger got the best of him and all he did was trade one bad act for another.. If ortiz couldn't defend himself to come back and fight..mayweather should have been DQ'ed .. it's that simple in my eyes
The ref should be sanctioned for even starting the count.. Hell, when mayweather hit ortiz, you could see he was talking to the clock guy or the judges.. He didn't restart the fight as yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek31 View Post
Anyone in the fight game! knows there inatial instructions from the ref. PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES!
And that statement has absolutely nothing to do with this or the last fight.. It's mopre said that so If you can't intelligently defend yourself..The ref can call the fight .. No matter if your still on your feet or not..
It's not meant for cheap shots when the fighters have not been release from the ref's stopage or break.

So I guess if during a stopage, you can get over to your opponent when he's not looking and knock him out .. you win the fight.. NO!!! So how exactly far do you let shit like that slide?

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms

Beyondsupplements
Myprotein.com
Strength.com
i-Supplements
A1Supplements.com
PowderCity.com
BulkSupplements.com
Egg Whites International <---100% Bio-Available Egg White Protein

Remember... Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Old 09-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Community Veteran

dalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond reputedalnkwnt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by basskiller View Post
that was just as dirty.. but the one doesn't excuse the other
Ortiz was wrong for headbutting and the ref was right for stopping the fight.. Keyword "STOPPING" the fight and deducting a point from Ortiz.. The fighters can only start boxing again when the ref restarts the fight.. Not a second before.. and the ref clearly didn't restart the fight.. You guys can pull up all the vids you want.. It still doesn't change the rules.. One bad act doesn't negate the other.. They are both wrong. Look it.. I knew mayweather would win.. Just didn't want to see it end with such a bad decision on the ref's part, nor mayweathers.. He didn't need to do that shit.. Anger got the best of him and all he did was trade one bad act for another.. If ortiz couldn't defend himself to come back and fight..mayweather should have been DQ'ed .. it's that simple in my eyes
The ref should be sanctioned for even starting the count.. Hell, when mayweather hit ortiz, you could see he was talking to the clock guy or the judges.. He didn't restart the fight as yet.

And that statement has absolutely nothing to do with this or the last fight.. It's mopre said that so If you can't intelligently defend yourself..The ref can call the fight .. No matter if your still on your feet or not..
It's not meant for cheap shots when the fighters have not been release from the ref's stopage or break.

So I guess if during a stopage, you can get over to your opponent when he's not looking and knock him out .. you win the fight.. NO!!! So how exactly far do you let shit like that slide?

If the ref didnt restart the fight and if the fight clock wasnt moving then the Boxing Commision wouldve DQ'd Money May! thats not the case! all the boxing mags (people who were there and hate Money May) even stated:

"• Those who continue to complain about Mayweather’s punches to Victor Ortiz’s undefended face Saturday need to watch the replay on HBO on Saturday. Referee Joe Cortez very clearly can be heard twice shouting “Let’s go!” and moving his hands together to suggest the boxers fight. More than four seconds elapses from the time that Cortez says “Let’s go!” until Mayweather throws a punch. This is clearly on Ortiz."

Ortiz proved who was the dirty fighter with an ILLEGAL shot! May hit him with a legal shot! then after he won had to go get 13 stitches from and illegal head butt!!!

now if u really wanna blame someone then blame the ref for not taking complete control during the break and not having the boxers in neutral corners! and second blame ortiz for trying to hug someone during a fight! GAY!!!

Mod @ MassMonsterz
Old 09-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Administrator

basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
OH I do blame the ref.. don't get me wrong.. that who I solely blame.. I have the fight downloaded and I couldn't hear the ref saying anything.. I could see him with his head turned away from the fighters talking to someone

not sure how long this will stay active but here is the fight
http://www.fileserve.com/file/y3w7PP...V.XviD.KYR.avi
Old 09-21-2011, 02:46 AM
Administrator

at 37:33 into the fight Cortez sez lets go what could have been bringing the fighters to the center or what I'm guessing is where everyone is saying he starts the fight back up..The whole time, he is not enguaging the fighters, he's looking outside the ring as if someone is conversing with him.. since the person outside isn't miked.. you can't hear.. but until mayweather knocks out ortiz... Cortez continiously looks back and forth outside the ring as if getting the clock guy to restart the fight.. AT 37:35 , while the fighters are coming to the middle Cortez turns and sez something to an official..

If the fight was restarted.. why is this ass turning away from the fight to talk to someone outside the ring?? To me it looked like he was cooridenating with the time official to restart the clock.. And you don't do this after you start the fight.. so I still contend, this fight was not restarted..
what a horrible chain of events .. Cortez should be sanctioned, but they won't.. If they do, The Boxing fed will have alot to contend with by sports betting .. The ramifications would be huge.. In vegas, I'm sure they were bets on which round mayweather was going to knock out Ortiz.. They freaking probaly bet on the color of trunks here wore...LOL

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms

Beyondsupplements
Myprotein.com
Strength.com
i-Supplements
A1Supplements.com
PowderCity.com
BulkSupplements.com
Egg Whites International <---100% Bio-Available Egg White Protein

Remember... Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Old 09-22-2011, 02:00 AM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basskiller View Post
at 37:33 into the fight Cortez sez lets go what could have been bringing the fighters to the center or what I'm guessing is where everyone is saying he starts the fight back up..The whole time, he is not enguaging the fighters, he's looking outside the ring as if someone is conversing with him.. since the person outside isn't miked.. you can't hear.. but until mayweather knocks out ortiz... Cortez continiously looks back and forth outside the ring as if getting the clock guy to restart the fight.. AT 37:35 , while the fighters are coming to the middle Cortez turns and sez something to an official..

If the fight was restarted.. why is this ass turning away from the fight to talk to someone outside the ring?? To me it looked like he was cooridenating with the time official to restart the clock.. And you don't do this after you start the fight.. so I still contend, this fight was not restarted..
what a horrible chain of events .. Cortez should be sanctioned, but they won't.. If they do, The Boxing fed will have alot to contend with by sports betting .. The ramifications would be huge.. In vegas, I'm sure they were bets on which round mayweather was going to knock out Ortiz.. They freaking probaly bet on the color of trunks here wore...LOL
yeah it was a circus! if the ref doesnt have both fighters in the corner and if he isnt in between both fighters onthe re start what the hell does he think will happen after a foul like that? lol he should be fired!

Mod @ MassMonsterz
The Following User Says Thank You to dalnkwnt For This Useful Post:
Stylus2.0 (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Stylus2.0 Stylus2.0 Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Stylus2.0 is a glorious beacon of lightStylus2.0 is a glorious beacon of lightStylus2.0 is a glorious beacon of lightStylus2.0 is a glorious beacon of lightStylus2.0 is a glorious beacon of lightStylus2.0 is a glorious beacon of lightStylus2.0 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek31 View Post
"Dont cry for me Argentina" Ortiz got exactly what he deserved. I like Ortiz, but I;m sorry he screwed up, and Mayweather being a veteran capatilized on Ortiz's rookie mistake. By the way, I cant stand Mayweather, but on this one, I agree. I must have paused, and rewound the knock out 20 times. It was kinda cheap, but 100% legal. "protect yourself at all times" its very simple!! End of story.
The sad part is, Ortiz stood a decent chance of possibly upsetting Mayweather, however I dont think that would have been the outcome. just my humble opinion..