World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 09-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line
Donating Member

Thanked 3,531 Times in 2,784 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
All I can say is he never really put that undefeated record on the line. Fighting guys when he had the best opportunity to beat them. I really cannot knock the guy for doing it. I do the same to bad guys overseas. We engage when the best opportunity presents itself.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:22 PM
TheMuscleMan TheMuscleMan Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

TheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond repute
It wouldn't surprise me if he paid them off somehow or if they made money in some way from the fight. They don't want to look bad so of course they are going to say what they did.

Thanks
TMM
Old 09-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Trapology Trapology Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Trapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant future
Dunno...i feel like for the most part short of him not fighting some guys at the right time a lot of those other guys are too big
He had no business fighting spadafora...no one would know about him except for that sparring session on youtube

I would have loved to see him fight zoo
Old 09-11-2015, 08:37 PM
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapology View Post
Dunno...i feel like for the most part short of him not fighting some guys at the right time a lot of those other guys are too big
He had no business fighting spadafora...no one would know about him except for that sparring session on youtube

I would have loved to see him fight zoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
All I can say is he never really put that undefeated record on the line. Fighting guys when he had the best opportunity to beat them. I really cannot knock the guy for doing it. I do the same to bad guys overseas. We engage when the best opportunity presents itself.
This isn't War though my friend lol you're allowed to cheat because I'm sure the dirty ....s you're fighting would do things 10 times worse if they could.

Boxing to me is supposed to be man vs man. I understand some fighters are technicians and not brawlers but still, the name of the game is fighting the best at their best in order to become the best. And my points always has been Mayweather had the opportunity to have better fights and he didn't, to be honest that ....er has confused Money with Respect/Greatness.

I think Mayweather can claim to be one of the best and arguably top 5 defensive fighter of all time, but he can't claim to be the greatest.

I'll give you a good example, do you consider Joe Calzaghe one of the all time greats?

I sure as hell don't, his most notable wins are a old Roy Jones Jr. , Bernard Hopkins and Jeff Lacy & Peter Manfredo.

Mayweather's record may be a bit better than his but not by much.

Again let's use Muhamad Ali as a example, why is he considered the greatest?

When you think of Ali you think of 2 things, the Rumble in the Jungle and his battles with Joe Frazier.

People forget Joe Frazier beat him, pretty badly but Ali came back and beat him twice and the photo of him knocking out Frazier is iconic because it shows you can succeed and be on top after you were the one on the ground. That fight was 2 experienced fighters at their peak, the closest thing Mayweather has to that is him fighting a 21 year old Canelo and btw only accepting the fight with a catchweight lol.

Ali lost to Norton also and came back to beat him, he had several fight where he came in as the underdog and prevailed. Even at his old age of 36 he lost to Spinks and came back and beat him, his only 2 unavenged losses was at like 38 way past his prime and considering the fact that he's been in some brutal battles, 38 was pretty old for him to be fighting.

I think outside of Buster Douglas VS Tyson, Ali over Foreman still has to be the greatest upset of all time!!!

I would bet my house that if Mayweather where in Ali's position to take a fight like that, he wouldn't.

Last edited by Triple D Star; 09-11-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:55 PM
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
and yeah a fight with Tzyu would have been great, and honestly I think it would've been a pretty even fight.

And I'll give you a different example.

I hate Sugar Ray Leonard lol his fighting style although different then Mayweather is the same damn thing, you're on the defensive and winning on points.

I think Sugar Ray > Mayweather

Why? Because he fought some of the best

He avenged Duran when Duran was still a monster. He beat Hearns while still was a dangerous puncher. He frustrated a great Marvin Hagler into retirement lol

He handed Wilfredo Benitez his first loss.

He fought Camacho (hate his ass) and a dangerous Terry Norris even when he was old, he lost but again, I respect that he had the balls to get in the ring and try to fight the best.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line
Donating Member

Thanked 3,531 Times in 2,784 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Calzaghe great, definitely not. His reign was perfect timing. He comes into the picture 5 years earlier and he loses to Jones and Hopkins.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:06 PM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Calzaghe great, definitely not. His reign was perfect timing. He comes into the picture 5 years earlier and he loses to Jones and Hopkins.
He could've pushed to get a fight with Jones way earlier then he did, but he didn't, that to me separates the greatest.

Like I said I hated De La Hoya but I respect him for fighting Chavez, Chavez was getting older but he was still the top dog in that division.

And he fought a who's who in boxing.

That's my argument about Mayweather, he is just coasting by like Calzaghe fooling people into buying these boring ass PPV's lol
Old 09-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Trapology Trapology Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Trapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant future
Calzaghe was like most european fighters but he was one of the best to ever do it
Dominate your countryman and make people come fight you, talk shit about americans when they dont want to come over...thats what he did to rjj for most his career

vasiliy jirov did the same thing, the both had the game down pat at that time...at least jirov had the balls to come over eventually though