World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Keep the updates coming. I am liking what you are working...JAB. The most underrated and underutilized technique.
When in doubt...jab.

I snickered a little bit about the lead leg remark. A leg kick does not get near the respect it deserves. If you have never taken a Thai kick to the leg, you have no way to appreciate just what it does.

Here is one of my favorite current fighters. He won the 2009 K-1 WGP with 3 KOs in one night in record time. Two of the Kos were with leg kicks.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I have been able to work with Rob Kaman...Mr. Low kick. . If you want more, look up Mr. Perfect...Ernesto Hoost.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 AM

Thanked 2,921 Times in 2,235 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
love watching ghita. he just a beast. i like his aggressive attack for offense and defense.

i am on a Z-pack antibiotic. i feel soooooo much better. went to the rec center and ran 1 mile to warm up then did 1 minute sprints with 1 minute rest at 10mph. probably 6 reps then ran a mile to cool down

got some gut work in, 10 push ups with a 30 second hold at the top 5 reps. then explosive squats with DBs. 50# per hand.

bundled up and went home.

i feel great during the sprints and really dont breathe hard even with my heart rate up around 170 at the end. i focus on my 1 minute rest to relax, breathe in all the way through my nose and exhale through my mouth (this is great unless your nose is broke) and my HR comes down to 140ish in 1 minute

i still gas out at the end of a round and 1 minute is not enough to get back my wind.

i am strong, technique is good, but i fear my cardio.

tips? i dont know how much my cardio is going to improve by 26th.

taking today off to rest. quads will be sore tomorrow. i feel them LOL

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Community Veteran

Location: with dogs, goats, donkeys, chickens and a miniature pig...
Thanked 2,668 Times in 2,345 Posts
Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
Doing 100 yards bursts sprint, rest 10 seconds then repeat up to 10 times whip my butt in shape, endurance wise...
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM
pincushn pincushn Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,103 Posts
pincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond reputepincushn has a reputation beyond repute
Its not a lot of time until the 26th but do 4 min mock rounds..or add a min of jump rope after each sparring round. Also I know this may sound ghey...work on slowing your heart during your rest periods. Stop the adrenaline.

That's cause clown spunk is made from cotton candy. Its extra sticky.~R~F~G~
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincushn View Post
Its not a lot of time until the 26th but do 4 min mock rounds..or add a min of jump rope after each sparring round. Also I know this may sound ghey...work on slowing your heart during your rest periods. Stop the adrenaline.
already do. focus on breathing all the way in and all the way out and totally relaxing. heart rate will drop dramatically. right now after a 1 minute rest i feel fresh but just for about 30 seconds

i need to do better did the elliptical for 15 minutes and then ran a half mile just to get a little lactic acid out of the muscles. those sprints got my calves a little sore. that's good.

the illness really took it out of me. but i feel close to 100%

going to train at the camp tonight. we shut down monday sparring because so many folk were sick.

i am going to spar my buddy sunday. maybe see if i can get some amateur MMA guys to come so i can see different sizes in sparring. i am bigger than the little guys and smaller than the big guys at the camp so i rarely see a guy my size

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
pincushn (01-10-2013)
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 AM
alfrazior alfrazior Is Off Line
Donating Member

alfrazior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post

i am strong, technique is good, but i fear my cardio.

tips? i dont know how much my cardio is going to improve by 26th.
EPO (kidding)

build an altitude chamber and sleep in it like the cyclist that was in bigger stronger faster?

edit - Floyd Landis, had to google his name
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfrazior View Post
EPO (kidding)

build an altitude chamber and sleep in it like the cyclist that was in bigger stronger faster?

edit - Floyd Landis, had to google his name
i dont have the funds to build a chamber. also i am claustrophobic. sealing into a round tube would freak me out.

just going to work like a beast and do tabata drills to increse my VO2 max.

also started training wearing a snorkel and nose plug for some drills. sounds silly but it really decreases the amount of "fresh" air to the lungs and forces one to breathe more explosively and hopefully help when in the ring

took another wicked leg kick helping a guy train for a MT fight. no freaking shin guard. i checked the next one and it hurt us both (big ass knot on my left shin) but it gets the kicker worse and he had a nice hematoma and started kicking to the body. my gut is hard and not one phased me

so far no real injuries. am going to do sprints tonight and a couple miles of road work. maybe a couple hundred situps and some squats of my lefty is feeling better. iced it last night. its ok i think

Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 AM

trained really hard saturday 2.5 hours non stop. the first half physical conditioning and cardio the rest were response drills where we all wore boxing gloves and struck one another in certain combos while the other guy moved and responded with his own strikes

sunday i got 2 miles of road work and sprints. then hit the rowing machine for 5 minutes and cooled down for 10 minutes on the elliptical.

last night i met 2 people from my camp (man and woman they are a couple, fighting brought them together LOL), my buddy who owns a dojo and we sparred.

first round was 5 minutes of grappling to warm up. then i sparred 4 rounds with my buddy who is the same size as me and is really aggressive and pushes my cardio even if he isnt a great boxer. i sparred two rounds with the guy from my camp who is smaller but much quicker and has impeccable technique . i tagged him a few times in the first round pretty good and he me. the second he had me timed so i kept sticking him with my long jab to keep him off. we flurried in tight a few times but his shorter faster limbs he got the best of me. i did land a LH that staggered him as i came out from getting popped 5-6 times

then i sparred the cute girl 125-130?..........i was thinking i will be nice and let her work a little and i will work on my "D" so i covered up and let her come into her range. if there was an opening she found it and pegged me like whirlwind. hardest shot i took was when she timed my jab. parried it and threw a right cross as i was coming in right to my beak! i laughed but it stung.

girl has fast hands and good technique. i have sparred 170# men that cant strike that hard. she is fighting too

anyway my cardio has come a long way. i was much more relaxed this time than last week. i am very optimistic i will whoop this fellow who we found via youtube has had a fight before.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:24 PM

man, i am boxing. why the hell does my leg keep getting kicked in the same spot. this time i had all my weight on it and my knee hurts like a bitch. bet i have a bad limb tomorrow. love my Khru but i would rather get punched in the face than leg kicked. i already have bad knees and this time it's pretty bad. this will hurt for a week.

no running. damn, i am very disappointed. i feel like i took 2 steps back tonight with this damn swole ass leg.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:50 AM

1 week from today folks. i am suffering from allergies and have snot rolling down the back of my throat. i am in great shape. not many 43 year old fellows look like me. last hard training day today and some light sparring today and tomorrow. then i am going to do some light runs monday and weds. then relax and eat.

i am 163# so i need to gain 1# to weigh in at SCW (164-168) no prob.

i picture this guy in my head talking to his buddies on how he is going to come to my camp and bust me up. aint gonna happen friends. i so looking forward to this.

sparring has given me great confidence in my skills. worried about my left knee but it is better today so a week i should be good.

it was a strange camp. i think khru did us different than he normally does his fighters. he eased into the training and is ramping down different. oh well hope it wasnt for his "old man"....me another guy is 37. he is in great shape too. he cut from 200# down to 180# and is a freaking beast! his kicks are other worldly we call him mule.

this is a great experience. i pray nothing happens like my guy chickens out or gets sick. i am damn ready, anxiety is not a prob now that i have more confidence. i want to see what i can do. i have never in my life punched a man as hard as i can. i spar my friends and i like them. this guy called my wife a bitch! (in my head he did, he is probably a nice guy, i will determine that after)