World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 09-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Trapology Trapology Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Trapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant future
Can Boxing Trust USADA? Questions Surround Drug Testing for Mayweather-Pacquiao

Pretty amazing article right here about the current state of boxing(and combat sports) and PEDs

Quote:
Shortly after 3 p.m. on Friday, May 1, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao weighed in for their historic encounter that would be contested the following night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Later on Friday afternoon, collection agents for the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), which had been contracted to oversee drug testing for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, went to Mayweather’s Las Vegas home to conduct a random unannounced drug test.
http://www.sbnation.com/longform/201...ng-trust-usada
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line
Donating Member

Thanked 3,531 Times in 2,784 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Great read, thanks! Regardless if Mayweather ever used PED, he did violate athletic commission rules by rehydrating via IV after the weigh-in.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:25 AM
Triple D Star Triple D Star Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Mayweather cheated the system somehow, he has no class.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:37 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Trapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Star View Post
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Mayweather cheated the system somehow, he has no class.
They all cheat bro...the good majority of athletes do period
Old 09-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Great read, thanks! Regardless if Mayweather ever used PED, he did violate athletic commission rules by rehydrating via IV after the weigh-in.
Well this came out today so we will see ow it goes i guess

USADA: No rules broken in handling of Floyd Mayweather's pre-fight IV

Quote:
“It is simply absurd to suggest that we would ever compromise our integrity for any sport or athlete,” the organization said Thursday in a statement.
http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/st...-pacquio-usada
Old 09-11-2015, 02:10 AM
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapology View Post
They all cheat bro...the good majority of athletes do period
I agree with that to a point, if you have netflix. You should watch the documentary on Juan Manuel Marquez, what he does to train is pretty insane.

The thing about Mayweather is, wasn't he the one making a big deal about Pacquiao doping?

Does it make sense he had to rehydrate? It doesn't to me, I've never heard of him having a problem to make weight and in fact the weight they agreed on was what he wanted.

The stuff with Ortiz, while I agree it's Ortiz faut for being a dumbass but that's not really honorable.

There's lots of reasons why I think he's classless lol

The thing about Mayweather is, he wants to be revered like Derek Jeter, Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan and Muhammad Ali and he can't hold a candle to them.

He doesn't have the credentials to be that and he sure as hell doesn't carry himself in a manner that deserves respect.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:23 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Mayweather makes himself look bad because hes playing the villan to the tee and milking his money that way - people wont truly appreciate floyd until years from now when hes retired and humbles himself cause it wont be necessary

and yeah he was on mannys ass which doesnt make sense really, but he didnt want him using epo which is why he went out of his way to get the olympic style drug testing
Old 09-11-2015, 02:29 AM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
Mayweather makes himself look bad because hes playing the villan to the tee and milking his money that way - people wont truly appreciate floyd until years from now when hes retired and humbles himself cause it wont be necessary

and yeah he was on mannys ass which doesnt make sense really, but he didnt want him using epo which is why he went out of his way to get the olympic style drug testing
Yeah I know it's marketing but I think he really thinks he's one of the greatest.

I've said it before and I'll say it again lol I think he's top 25 probably top 20 but not in my top 10.

And I believe he could've fought better fighters! I would probably put him in my top 10 if he would've had more fights even if he had lost 1 or 2.

If he would've fought Pac Man when Manny was calling him out and everyone wanted that fight, I would respect him more. I don't care if he lost, he could've lost 1 out of 3 fights and I would still think of him in higher regard than I do now.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:31 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Who would you have liked to see floyd fight
Old 09-11-2015, 02:58 AM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
Who would you have liked to see floyd fight
I wish he would've fought lots of fighters before they got so old, DLH, Mosley and Pacquiao.

I think it's no coincidence that he fought Manny after Manny lost some fights. He'd still be dodging Manny if that wasn't the case.

Boring but interesting fights: Casamayor, even Winky Wright and Paul Williams

Freitas, Tszyu, Margarito after he pummeled Cotto, Spadafora

I feel like Cotto was ....ed up in the head and his confidence wasn't there after the beating he took from Margarito.

Surprise surprise in comes Mayweather.

Why not fight Margarito? I mean I know it was a sham and the stuff with the wraps, but the fact that he declined to fight him and went to fight Zab Judah lol what does that tell you?

To me to be great you have to fight the best. I mean why is Ali considered the greatest? Because he fought everyone, he fought George Foreman when Foreman was a monster knocking out everyone and everyone said he would lose that fight.

Mayweather has never taken a fight like that, and yes he would've been the underdog in some fights.

A young Mosley VS Mayweather
Mayweather VS Pacquiao 2010
Mayweather VS Tsyu like 2003-2002

If he had those fights on his record, let's say he lost 1 or even 2. I feel like he would be more respected.

I mean let's be real when he fought DLH and Mosley, I was like man DLH and Mosley have a shot but they're old.

When he fought Marquez, I knew Marquez was too little and it was mainly a payday.

And you already know what I think about Pac Man.

You can lie to the casual boxing fan but for those who know boxing, we all know it's just a money grab.