World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Survival food - hunting - hydroponics

Old 08-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,017 Times in 3,179 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggemall View Post
Yep, all you can do is hope there are enough slutty does to keep him on his home turf.

While I gave it up, there is nothing more peaceful than sitting 20'-25' up in a tree (yes I liked being way the hell up there) on a winter morning with silver-dollar size snowflakes and it so calm you can hear them hitting the ground...and as the morning woods start to come alive, off about 300 yards you see the glimpse of him and your heart instantly starts beating so loud you hear it like a beating drum echoing in the Congo. Calming yourself to get under control, reaching for your bow with the pace that would make a snail tell you to hurry the f up...as step by step he comes closer, looking left then right, sniffing the air, looking up...stopping, shaking the wet snow off...trying to avoid making eye contact with him hoping your breath doesn't make a fog giving you away as your heart begins thumping out of control again, you close your eyes and imagine the hundreds of shots you took at your 3-D target so you are used to the deer image you are about to draw down on, but you can not, will not look at that rack for if you do, your legs will begin to tremble and your arms shake and the huge oak's leaves you are nestled so high up in sound like the pom-poms of a 1,000 cheerleaders...getting yourself under control as he moves within 40 yards, you look for your opportunity to slowly and ever so quietly draw your bow back as his head goes behind the tree blocking his view of you...but he stops and there you are holding holding the 70lb at half draw for what seems like hours but it has only been a couple minutes at most and he steps out only to stop again and drop his head to the ground and instantly pops back up looking at the sound of a squirrel rustling and barking at him only 50 feet away in the opposite direction from you, giving you the opportunity to come to full draw lock in your site and place your finger on the trigger of your quick release launching your 350 grain broadhead and shaft at 320fps giving you perfect view of the flight of the arrow and hearing the impact as it hits true to the intended destination directly behind the front leg into massive beasts lung and heart as he leaps into the air already running before his feet resume contact with the snow covered ground below. The woods come alive with the sounds of him running and crashing into small trees and brush and at 75 yards he suddenly stops, turns to look at you before he collapses to the ground as to say farewell and treat the gift of my life you have been given with respect and allow me to nourish your table for many meals to come.
That is pretty much what happened last year. I down a nice buck we had never seen before about an hour after it started a heavy snowfall. Except the fact that he came running in and I only had about 3 seconds to figure out if I was going to kill him or not. Biggest buck I have ever killed not in antler size, but weight wise. He was 189 lbs dressed which is HUGE for my area of the Ozarks.
A1food4u (09-23-2019), Friggemall (08-22-2019), jipped genes (09-03-2019)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-22-2019, 10:45 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
So there I was looking out in the field behind my house when I see this big buck step out into the field. I quickly grab my bow, face mask and range finder. I was already pretty much camouflaged out already, as I really only where Earth toned clothing. I did not have time to change, since there was only about 15 minutes of shooting time left and I had about 100 yards to stalk to get into range for a shot. I start making my move, crouched and only making moves when the buck is eating. Luckily he is somewhat moving in my direction, so I am able to close the gap in about 10 minutes. I am now 30 yards away and I nearly have a perfect broadside shot. Next thing you know the buck is looking right at me. I know I didn't move and the wind could not be anymore in my favor. Nope, my damn dog decided it was a good time to run into the field after me. I have been out there a thousand times and he has never followed me. The buck turned and quickly walked off. I had an chance and my number one shooter and my f**king dog crushed me dreams. Son of a bitch. Why of all times did he follow me?

All the velvet is off and he still has Coke cans for bases. The buck is an absolute monster. When he is standing next to the other bucks he looks like a quarter horse.
A1food4u (09-23-2019), Friggemall (09-23-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks brother.. You'll get him

~PM
Old 09-23-2019, 11:28 AM
A1food4u A1food4u Is Off Line

Thanked 3,715 Times in 2,956 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
That poor pup..... lol.... I bet he dropped tail and ears as soon as he came near you feeling the "heat" lmao....
Old 09-23-2019, 01:14 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Devastating. Mans best friend crushes mans biggest dream.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1food4u View Post
That poor pup..... lol.... I bet he dropped tail and ears as soon as he came near you feeling the "heat" lmao....
He absolutely did.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,441 Times in 2,500 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
Oops!
Old 09-23-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramuscle View Post
That sucks brother.. You'll get him

~PM
That is what my wife said, but this buck has not lived 7+ years for no reason. I am thinking the next time I see him during daylight will be next summer. He gives hunters one opportunity then becomes nocturnal for the rest of the year.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:59 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,441 Times in 2,500 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
That is what my wife said, but this buck has not lived 7+ years for no reason. I am thinking the next time I see him during daylight will be next summer. He gives hunters one opportunity then becomes nocturnal for the rest of the year.
Never know, one little mistake is all it takes and the rut has not started yet.

here kitty, kitty...
Old 09-24-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggemall View Post
Never know, one little mistake is all it takes and the rut has not started yet.

here kitty, kitty...
The rut is my biggest concern. I have never seen him during the rut and he disappears from the cameras at the beginning of November. He must have a harem of does on another property. My best shot at him is early season. Once the rut starts I am just happy to see him back on camera in January.