World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions > MMA Training

Shoutbox

MMA Training Articles related to MMA and BJJ

Old 09-18-2015, 07:45 PM
TheMuscleMan TheMuscleMan Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

TheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant futureTheMuscleMan has a brilliant future
I figured as long as it is in writing and the employee is aware of it and says ok and signs then they employee don't have a leg to stand on if he gets fired or not hired because of it.

Now I read the rousey thing where she said basically weed should be ok because it couldn't result in a death in the octagon like steroids would, blah blah blah. Now if a guy goes in the ring to fight and he is high I would think he would be at a very high risk of serious injury including death because of how weed makes many people so relaxed and lazy and "out of it" really. She may have just been referring to PED`s.

Thanks
TMM
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Thanked 3,372 Times in 2,653 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla34 View Post
we have random tests too, never been picked so don't know if there is a breathalyzer but I know when I got hired on with my last three jobs I had one during my physical and drug test prior to officially starting.

Weed wise if the employer has it down as a no no and tests for it, doesn't matter if it's legal. tough part is the threshold. It's maybe easier to point to a threshold on alcohol because if it's quicker clearance and because it's been highly studied. I think with weed it's harder to tell how long ago it was used. Clearance on a low BF vs high BF person can be drastically different for example. Also one time vs regular use, etc. Alcohol varies too of course, but I don't think nearly as much. Also, what level of THC inhibits the average person from doing their job? Just by Bubba's comment above who fricking knows! I can see this becoming an issue as things progress. I can't wait for it to be legal in TX, it dramatically helps my IBD / IBS / UC / shit through a screen door from 20ft issue.
Most state testing and what most receive at their job anything over 50 nanograms is considered to be under the influence of THC. Olympics, military, federal government, etc... test to 15 nanograms. You could have hardly any body fat and only smoked once, but still pop at 15 nanograms 3 weeks afterwards.

Our random testing is pretty ridiculous. You would have to be a complete moron to try. I am tested a minimum of 6 times a year. I have actually been tested 6 times in one month, because I popped up on every random test that month and we had a full sweep of every one in the unit on the weekend (easier to catch the club drug users). There for a while I thought the coordinators liked looking at my dick.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:16 AM
gorilla34 gorilla34 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

gorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Most state testing and what most receive at their job anything over 50 nanograms is considered to be under the influence of THC. Olympics, military, federal government, etc... test to 15 nanograms. You could have hardly any body fat and only smoked once, but still pop at 15 nanograms 3 weeks afterwards.

Our random testing is pretty ridiculous. You would have to be a complete moron to try. I am tested a minimum of 6 times a year. I have actually been tested 6 times in one month, because I popped up on every random test that month and we had a full sweep of every one in the unit on the weekend (easier to catch the club drug users). There for a while I thought the coordinators liked looking at my dick.
good info GF thanks. I suppose we'd be 50ng then. I'd have to think this is highly debateable. if 15ng shows up 3 weeks later...it's pretty clear you're not 'under the influence' and seems more like 'yup, you used it, you're busted' to me. this is kinda where I'm going with the blurry line. I could have been high 2 weeks ago and totally sober today but test over 15 and
maybe 50 too. Any idea what the levels are when you're actually stoned?

Alcohol wise if you're over .08 it's debatable if you're really under the influence, but you're pretty safe to fall under that if you give yourself just 24 hrs or so for it to clear.

Do they test you for AAS? I know a bunch of military guys who use?? Maybe different testing frequency at different levels or something?
Old 09-19-2015, 11:37 AM

Thanked 2,458 Times in 1,863 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuscleMan View Post

Now I read the rousey thing where she said basically weed should be ok because it couldn't result in a death in the octagon like steroids would, blah blah blah. Now if a guy goes in the ring to fight and he is high I would think he would be at a very high risk of serious injury including death because of how weed makes many people so relaxed and lazy and "out of it" really. She may have just been referring to PED`s.

Thanks
TMM
i do not think nick went into the cage high. i think he just used it for anxiety from what i read. lots of dudes roll stoned. they tend to be slower but more methodical and have gas for days as they do not muscle. striking would be different

still do not think of it as a PED. again jon jones got popped for cocaine and got a fine. nick has pot in his system and gets 5 years

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Old 09-19-2015, 12:02 PM
WCBB Veteran

StCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond repute
At our work .04 will get you popped on the breathalyzer but I think it's because we drive commercial vehicles not sure what it would be at most employers.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilla34 View Post
good info GF thanks. I suppose we'd be 50ng then. I'd have to think this is highly debateable. if 15ng shows up 3 weeks later...it's pretty clear you're not 'under the influence' and seems more like 'yup, you used it, you're busted' to me. this is kinda where I'm going with the blurry line. I could have been high 2 weeks ago and totally sober today but test over 15 and
maybe 50 too. Any idea what the levels are when you're actually stoned?

Alcohol wise if you're over .08 it's debatable if you're really under the influence, but you're pretty safe to fall under that if you give yourself just 24 hrs or so for it to clear.

Do they test you for AAS? I know a bunch of military guys who use?? Maybe different testing frequency at different levels or something?
The agent that briefed us from the lab said if they were a one time user and took a single hit you would be around 25 ng/ml the day of and drop about .5 mg/ml a day after that. A heavy smoker will sit around 115-125 ng/ml the last day of use. This is the reason they can still pop positive on a test 60 days after their last. Body fat levels and purity of the THC will also be a factor.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StCLineman View Post
At our work .04 will get you popped on the breathalyzer but I think it's because we drive commercial vehicles not sure what it would be at most employers.
.04 is the same for us. The commanding officer must take action if you are .04 and above. The commanding officer can take action if you are .01-.03. Basically if you are sub-standard performer and you register a .01 you are getting hemmed up.