World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions > MMA Training

Shoutbox

MMA Training Articles related to MMA and BJJ

Old 02-08-2015, 11:24 AM

Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,873 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Well brother how was it? Gold?

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM

Thanked 3,076 Times in 2,449 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
How did you do Sid? inquiring minds want to know!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:16 PM
ripsid ripsid Is Off Line
Community Veteran

ripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the results are in...
I won no-gi Gold and Gi Silver. I lost 2-0 in my 1st gi match, BUT I think I got screwed.. guy was in my guard, I went to a deep half guard type position to lock in a kimura I use this position to sweep from. I loosen my guard get a butterfly hook in and sweep him! BAM! tried to get the kimura but it didn't work. I'm pretty annoyed by the silver.. I look at it very negatively, I'm the 1st loser. If I want to compete at the NY Open or the higher world competitions I need to step it up.
Some solice is this, after all 3 of my fights all 3 guys said the same things I don't mean to sound bragedosh cause thats not me at all... "you're the toughest fight I've ever had at NAGA. You're the strongest guy I've ever fought at NAGA" That's good, and all but I want to be the best technically that I can. The 2 guys I fought in were hangers.. they just tried to hold me down for 5 mins. Funny, they thought I was like 35! hahah I was like no man I'm 45.. haha we all were the same age 45! In no-gi the guy was 42 , it was funny I saw him at the big Battle at the Beach even in Wildwood NJ and he mowed through all of his guys! slightly shorter than me but thicker and a wide back...So I stepped on the mat and saw him and remembered him immediately, he was hispanic with long hair. Anyways, I was annoyed I didn't get the submission, but I beat him 7-0 and had 3 attempts that slipt. I had a straight arm lock aka the FRank Mir armlock from guard, but I had a long sleeve rashguard on and he told me that's the only reason he slipped out.

The deal: Well, the weight cut sucked! I won't do it again that's for sure 2x I proved I could do it, that's plenty! I felt weak and that's unacceptable. So now, I'm going to step up my cardio and my lifting, start doing yoga and plyometrics as well. I may shoot for the NY Open if I can keep my weight down and into the 165 range.
My boy Fletcher sporting NAGA GOLD & Silver
Old 02-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 2,668 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:30 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!
Old 02-10-2015, 09:12 AM

Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,873 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
way to go sid. all that hard work paid off. and silver ain't nothing to sneeze at. let it motivate you. better than i could ever do.

too bad you live way up in NJ we are about the same size and I assume you are a blue belt. how much fun would that be?

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Old 02-10-2015, 02:11 PM
edvedr edvedr Is Off Line
Community Veteran

edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsid View Post
Well, the results are in...
I won no-gi Gold and Gi Silver. I lost 2-0 in my 1st gi match, BUT I think I got screwed.. guy was in my guard, I went to a deep half guard type position to lock in a kimura I use this position to sweep from. I loosen my guard get a butterfly hook in and sweep him! BAM! tried to get the kimura but it didn't work. I'm pretty annoyed by the silver.. I look at it very negatively, I'm the 1st loser. If I want to compete at the NY Open or the higher world competitions I need to step it up.
Some solice is this, after all 3 of my fights all 3 guys said the same things I don't mean to sound bragedosh cause thats not me at all... "you're the toughest fight I've ever had at NAGA. You're the strongest guy I've ever fought at NAGA" That's good, and all but I want to be the best technically that I can. The 2 guys I fought in were hangers.. they just tried to hold me down for 5 mins. Funny, they thought I was like 35! hahah I was like no man I'm 45.. haha we all were the same age 45! In no-gi the guy was 42 , it was funny I saw him at the big Battle at the Beach even in Wildwood NJ and he mowed through all of his guys! slightly shorter than me but thicker and a wide back...So I stepped on the mat and saw him and remembered him immediately, he was hispanic with long hair. Anyways, I was annoyed I didn't get the submission, but I beat him 7-0 and had 3 attempts that slipt. I had a straight arm lock aka the FRank Mir armlock from guard, but I had a long sleeve rashguard on and he told me that's the only reason he slipped out.

The deal: Well, the weight cut sucked! I won't do it again that's for sure 2x I proved I could do it, that's plenty! I felt weak and that's unacceptable. So now, I'm going to step up my cardio and my lifting, start doing yoga and plyometrics as well. I may shoot for the NY Open if I can keep my weight down and into the 165 range.
Like I said bud, just get in there. Your not going to notice a difference in competition between NAGA and IBJJF. Id be willing to bet you will bring home a medal at IBJJF as well. Plus we get to meet!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:12 AM
Community Veteran

ripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond repute
ed, I'm looking to dial up the training etc.. try to get prepared. I need to work on a few things, I've been in a rut for 2 months now. I was at one point a little over 2 months ago, tapping brown belts.. now I'm struggling with blues lol. I want to put my best game in play!

SiD
Old 02-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
way to go sid. all that hard work paid off. and silver ain't nothing to sneeze at. let it motivate you. better than i could ever do.

too bad you live way up in NJ we are about the same size and I assume you are a blue belt. how much fun would that be?
Jipped, THanks bro.. yes I'm a 4stripe blue belt and i'd love to train with ya bro! Hell you, edvedr and me could throw a woopin on each other LOL That would be fun!

I got a message on fb from that beat me and he said thanks for an awesome fight it's the hardest he's had to work in years. The guys won gi in his division atleast 4 times previous to our fight.. a friend of mine watched the video of the fight and felt I dominated the fight, it was just the 2 points for the take down.. oh well, sure i wake up in the middle of night with the cold sweats.. and the silver burns my eyes! LOL
I only plan to get better.. improvement is my goal!

SiD
The Following User Says Thank You to ripsid For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (02-16-2015)
Old 02-16-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsid View Post
I got a message on fb from that beat me and he said thanks for an awesome fight it's the hardest he's had to work in years. The guys won gi in his division atleast 4 times previous to our fight.. a friend of mine watched the video of the fight and felt I dominated the fight, it was just the 2 points for the take down.. oh well, sure i wake up in the middle of night with the cold sweats.. and the silver burns my eyes! LOL
I only plan to get better.. improvement is my goal!

SiD
that's a classy act by your opponent, to show that amount of respect at that level says a lot, he's a quality champion, and here's to you... the next quality champion...silver burning your eyes....LOL that's motivation!