World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions > MMA Training

Shoutbox

MMA Training Articles related to MMA and BJJ

Old 09-10-2009, 09:08 PM
ch40s ch40s Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

ch40s is a glorious beacon of lightch40s is a glorious beacon of lightch40s is a glorious beacon of lightch40s is a glorious beacon of lightch40s is a glorious beacon of lightch40s is a glorious beacon of light
MMA is taking over the world it seems like and everyone wants to learn it and fight, even people that don't belong in a cage are training, fighting etc.

One thing that street fighters achieve from all the street fight is not experience but they lose every bit of fear that there is. So to step in a cage is not a problem. Once you lose fear it can either mean you will go far in your MMA career, or lose your life because your "fearless".
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Deacon Deacon Is Off Line
Lifetime Member

Deacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant futureDeacon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketw19 View Post
Since we are way off topic I will anwser this!
In a cage fight with todays rules you can get any of thoes Marine guys you want and they would probably get beat. It is a fight and anything can happen but most like the MMA guy would smash him.

Take thoes same two guys and put them in a no rules fight for your life and the Marine guy would probably win and as said above anything can happen.

Now let stop saying how tuff we are and keep to the topic, I have gone threw alot of what Intims is talking about and I am very intrested in what others have gone threw.
Someone could always make a new thread titled I am the baddest internet guy around,lol.
BTW this is not pointed at anyone I was just talkin shit.

point taken - but I guess I think it is pretty crazy to say a MMA guy would smash guys who have trained for and been in actual combat - but OK I will play nice
Old 07-18-2010, 05:48 AM
mmafitness mmafitness Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

mmafitness is on a distinguished road
Ive always been big on sports and have been working out with weights for years. I recently decided to start doing MMA to train for either the police or military. The place i go to is offering a mixture of Muay Thai, Brazilian Ju Jitzu, and boxing.

-I wanted to know what should i expect?
-I also wanna know if itll be possible for me to conitue building my body size wise, kinda like mma and bodybuilding alike?

mma fitness
Old 07-19-2010, 09:26 AM

Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,873 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch40s View Post
MMA is taking over the world it seems like and everyone wants to learn it and fight, even people that don't belong in a cage are training, fighting etc.
i hear ya. we get tham coming into our school. they dont come back. my Khru can smell a guy who wants to learn to train to be "bad" and crushes them with cardio.

i was power lifting and body building for 13 years before i started fight training. i think it hurt me. killed my flexibility and my stamina sucked. also it seemed speed also suffered. all those reps of grinding out a super heavy weight gave me great torque on the mat but no snap in my punches and used a great deal of fuel.

now, 30-35# lighter i am not nearly so strong but i am faster and would kick the shit out of my old "buff" self

BB has no part in my training now. personally it held me back. granted i have only been training about 3 years perhaps if i bulked up i would gain some benefits but its not worth the chance of slowing me down again

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato