World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Powerlifting Strongman

Shoutbox

Powerlifting Strongman Discussion on powerlifting, strength and more, including the squat, dead lift, and bench press

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2017, 02:57 PM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Hosting our first meet...suggestions welcome

So, the gym I help manage has booked a powerlifting meet for May. It's the first meet there in a few years and the first under new ownership, name and direction. My buddy, decided to stop trying to compete with the big franchise gyms and go after the athletes and hardcore. So, even with a limited budget we have pushed in that direction adding racks and strength equipment and losing the sissy stuff. It working...not over night but a steady climb up.

To this we wanted to add classes and clinics as well. And now I have booked us a small meet in May. The goal is to make it lifter and spectator friendly. Something hard to do at small meets. I figure why not have fun and informal for local a new lifters as well as some vets. Rich McDowell will be bringing the SLP fed and is on board with making it a good time. I figure if you want to break some record or are some big time pro there are plenty of meets for you, but for the sport to grow we need these as well as RUM.

To that end I am sitting down with a caterer who does the local sports teams (I am his handyman) to put up a tent and grill some grass fed burgers and kosher franks on meet day as well as getting an affordable photographer to take picks. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hawk
The Following User Says Thank You to chicken_hawk For This Useful Post:
ClearWater (09-21-2017)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL