World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

Shoutbox

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 07-11-2018, 09:40 PM
edvedr edvedr Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,127 Times in 878 Posts
edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
Funny video to go along with what was said about the downside to BJJ in a street fight.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by edvedr; 07-12-2018 at 02:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to edvedr For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (07-13-2018)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 AM

Thanked 3,008 Times in 2,308 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
dammit ed that video does not work.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:59 AM
Community Veteran

edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
I'll see if I can fix it
Old 07-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Community Veteran

There you go...
Old 07-13-2018, 11:59 AM

Thanked 3,008 Times in 2,308 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
SUBSCRIBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me laugh so hard! Rep to my brother Ed!

"Legend has it, that fool is still getting stomped today!"

Hey, even to even a guy that has 6 months BJJ WILL be able to get another guy down and choke him to sleep. As long as he does not have 27 friends with him.........or 1.

Thing I like about BJJ is you can go to another school and in my experience I have always been welcomed. The guys share technique as long as I share as well and I get new friends.

Muay Thai and boxing you go to another camp and they look at you as a potential opponent. They try to assert dominance and show why their camp is best. Even "friendly" camps that we have had smokers and hang out with their guys outside of MT will change when you walk on their mat.

BUT, I have never felt some a comradery and family as in my MT camp. these folks are family. Been there I think like 8-10 years and never seen two folk get sideways even if a mistake caused grievous injury to another. (An accidental elbow to an orbital will .... you up)

I think any camp you go to that is competitive you will find a close knit group. We have folk that come from TKD and karate that are amazed how close we are. I think because we share in blood sweat and grins. I felt similarly in my BJJ camp although it was 1/4 the size of my MT camp.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Machiavelli (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 01:50 PM
Community Veteran

Same experience and yes most all BJJ places are very welcoming to cross training from other schools. My comp team and I are like brothers and sisters that never argue. Very close
Old 07-13-2018, 02:18 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting. I like the sound of all that!
Old 07-13-2018, 04:18 PM

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,384 Posts
Darkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond repute
An outlet for your anger? Dude yea then right go have your ass stomped daily as an outlet for your anger. That’s not what these sports are about. That’s insulting to the athletes that compete in them.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:59 PM
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
An outlet for your anger? Dude yea then right go have your ass stomped daily as an outlet for your anger. Thatís not what these sports are about. Thatís insulting to the athletes that compete in them.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to channel it into something productive, it can be a great motivator. Perhaps I worded it wrong, but everyone else seemed to understand what I meant. I also mentioned I'd like to learn the discipline...

I also think a lot of people start these sports for the exact same reasons i've just stated above, I know a lot of friends who took up boxing to unload then learnt to love the art of it... That's what I'm after.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:23 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
??? Any physical sport can be an outlet to let off steam. If I go for a run that doesn't mean I'm going to chop down all the trees and bushes along the way. I get what ur trying to say Machi.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pen Sillman For This Useful Post:
Machiavelli (07-13-2018)