World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Nutrition

Shoutbox

Nutrition Ask questions and discuss any nutrition related topics here. Making nutrition education more meaningful through facilitated group discussions

Old 05-31-2019, 09:43 AM

Thanked 3,375 Times in 2,598 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting keto article and the millitary

If you read it tell me what you think. I like stuff like this.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0430173202.htm

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-31-2019, 10:33 AM
WCBB Veteran

Dakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond repute
Keto works incredibly well for me. If I put on any bf, I just make my diet more strictly keto. I lost about 20lbs when I first used it to cut.

I have learned personally I can cheat the protein up a little and still stay in keto. At least according to the keto strips I use to track progress.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:47 PM
Community Veteran

BUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Keto works incredibly well for me. If I put on any bf, I just make my diet more strictly keto. I lost about 20lbs when I first used it to cut.

I have learned personally I can cheat the protein up a little and still stay in keto. At least according to the keto strips I use to track progress.
I learned something recently from dr. Peter attia that I didn't know when I was actually using ketone strips. They only work for about the first two to three weeks that you've started a keto diet. Once your body becomes acclimated to burning ketones as fuel they're no longer released in the urine and the strips can say you're not in ketosis even when you are.

This doesn't specifically relate to your post, I just thought it was interesting and I was oblivious to it until about a month ago. In hindsight, my experience with them actually fits perfectly with this. I had some really dark strips within the first two weeks or so when I wasn't even being that strict with my keto diet, then a month or two in when I was much more strict with my attempts at staying in ketosis, the strips were getting lighter instead of darker.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:55 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,768 Times in 2,981 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Haha! They are comparing ROTC cadets to actual military members. I love keto and in my position I was able to do it, but the combat arms guys, no f**king way. First meals at the chow hall and MREs are not set up for keto, so someone would have to buy their own food and have time to prepare meals. The schedule of guys in combat arms will not allow this. When not on deployments or longer training exercises we would spend 2 to 3 days in the field every week. Second the level of energy and strength needed to maintain performance in combat arms does not sit well with a keto diet. When I was running 5+ miles on keto every morning I was falling asleep by 1000. I had no energy for most anything else throughout the day. Imagine if I had to run 5 miles in the morning grab my gear hike to the field and train. Without a doubt I would die.
millenium girl (06-16-2019)