World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health

Shoutbox

Diet and Health Weight loss support forum for all diets. Fitness discussion forum for weight loss, discuss weight and food issues unique to the dietng

Old 12-13-2018, 08:27 AM
WrkEthic WrkEthic Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

WrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond repute
Trouble calculating macros

I've used all the calculators and have done the calculations. This stuff is all over the place and I can't figure out what exactly I need to be eating.

I'm 6'4 roughly 265 and probably 18-20% bf guesstimate. I've eaten 2700, 2500, & 2100. I can't lose shit still at 265. I'm trying to get down into the 245-250lb range and get this belly off of me.

I'm 37 now and what I use to do isn't working. Workout 4-6 days depending on what block I'm in. Besides working out I'm basically on my ass right now. What would you say would be a good starting point macro wise? I'm starting to wonder if I'm not eating enough. Strength is not falling off , but also not gaining however the scale isn't moving either direction.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Community Veteran

Location: with dogs, goats, donkeys, chickens and a miniature pig...
Thanked 2,734 Times in 2,396 Posts
Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
What % protein, carbs and fats? Either way, lower your carbs, keep protein up and stick with healthy fats...

Keep sugar to the minimum, while focusing on complex carbs...

Workout routine? Cardio?
Old 12-13-2018, 01:41 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

WrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
What % protein, carbs and fats? Either way, lower your carbs, keep protein up and stick with healthy fats...

Keep sugar to the minimum, while focusing on complex carbs...

Workout routine? Cardio?
2702 cal atm

Carbs: 36% or 240g
Protein: 31% or 215g
Fats: 33% or 98g

Hardly any sugar.

The routine is the leg block of a john meadows style. Legs 3x, back/bi's 1x, chest/shoulder/tri 1x

Cardio: 0 (can't find the time for it)
Old 12-13-2018, 08:43 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,570 Times in 2,901 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
You have to weigh things out at least until you standardize your portion sizes. Stick with one app to calculate things and that's it. Consistency is the key. once you have things standardized you can play with the macros. In simple terms what works for me is token carbs between 100 and 200 g dropping them to 100 for several days and then back up to 200. At times when dropping carbs to 100 g after a few days keep the carbs at 100 adn drop the fats dramatically by switching from chicken and turkey to tilapia. Cycle like that and it works for me.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:53 AM

Thanked 1,228 Times in 924 Posts
liftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond repute
Decrease calories from carbs and fats and eat extra protein.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:47 PM
THUNDERGOD THUNDERGOD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

THUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond reputeTHUNDERGOD has a reputation beyond repute
Just throwing this out there, but did you ever think maybe you were under eating based on all of your daily activity?? 265lb -20%bf =212lbs 212 x 15(cal/lb) = 3180 calories. You could go as low as 12 cal/lb, but I think its better to start higher and go down from there. Of course this is one of the 100's of way to figure out the diet. If you go low carb then you should keep the protein higher, around 1.25-1.5 grams per lb of lean body mass.
318 gm protein on the high end = 1272 cal (40%)
~198 gm carbs =795 cal (25%)
~124 gm fat = 1113 cal (35%)
Slowly lower the carbs every week or two and replace with some green vegetables.

Like I said, there are 100's of ways, formulas and voo doo to figure out what you need. But if you use an app like my fitness pal, it will count every little bit of protein even if its not a complete protein so adjust your actual eating accordingly.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:45 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERGOD View Post
Just throwing this out there, but did you ever think maybe you were under eating based on all of your daily activity?? 265lb -20%bf =212lbs 212 x 15(cal/lb) = 3180 calories. You could go as low as 12 cal/lb, but I think its better to start higher and go down from there. Of course this is one of the 100's of way to figure out the diet. If you go low carb then you should keep the protein higher, around 1.25-1.5 grams per lb of lean body mass.
318 gm protein on the high end = 1272 cal (40%)
~198 gm carbs =795 cal (25%)
~124 gm fat = 1113 cal (35%)
Slowly lower the carbs every week or two and replace with some green vegetables.

Like I said, there are 100's of ways, formulas and voo doo to figure out what you need. But if you use an app like my fitness pal, it will count every little bit of protein even if its not a complete protein so adjust your actual eating accordingly.
I think that's the problem along with not enough protein vs the rest. Need more greens

I know 2700 with the above percents isn't good. I'm up to 267 after a few weeks with strength going up.