World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Shoutbox

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Thanked 2,443 Times in 2,102 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotgame View Post
I dont need to know the results. ill tell you the results if you can get me the images ;-)
Will do. I trust you more than any doctor

Old 02-26-2017, 09:11 AM

millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Now that you've seen the images and gave me your precious advice on the possible treatment, I have another question for you. the inside compartment of that knee bothers me more and more. I have not played tennis in weeks. Could it be a tendonitis?
Old 02-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Community Veteran

gotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
Now that you've seen the images and gave me your precious advice on the possible treatment, I have another question for you. the inside compartment of that knee bothers me more and more. I have not played tennis in weeks. Could it be a tendonitis?
I did not see any muscle strains when I looked at it. Its probably the bad synovitis you have along with..your destroyed menisci and cartilage that is gone. I forget the images somewhat but i also think your ACL was gone, ive looked at so many knees since ill have to check my PMs. Intrarticular 80mg DepoMedrol or 40mg Kenalog is your friend.

MG: I know you want to think its something more easily treatable like tendinotis but your knee is not good. Your options are taking some NSAIDS daily, intrarticular joint injection with steroids and when that isnt helping anymore getting the knee replaced. I would personally opt for a knee injection and see how i respond and then if i wasnt getting at least 6 months of decent relief id get it replaced. You will be up walking around the next day.
DISCLAIMER: Medical information is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.
The Following User Says Thank You to gotgame For This Useful Post:
millenium girl (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 08:52 AM

Thanked 3,151 Times in 2,503 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
No outside linking mike....
Old 03-03-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotgame View Post
I did not see any muscle strains when I looked at it. Its probably the bad synovitis you have along with..your destroyed menisci and cartilage that is gone. I forget the images somewhat but i also think your ACL was gone, ive looked at so many knees since ill have to check my PMs. Intrarticular 80mg DepoMedrol or 40mg Kenalog is your friend.

MG: I know you want to think its something more easily treatable like tendinotis but your knee is not good. Your options are taking some NSAIDS daily, intrarticular joint injection with steroids and when that isnt helping anymore getting the knee replaced. I would personally opt for a knee injection and see how i respond and then if i wasnt getting at least 6 months of decent relief id get it replaced. You will be up walking around the next day.
Thank you, you're the best.

I will see the doctor when I get back from London and ask for the intra articular injection with steroids.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:50 AM

As you know I recently started running again (usually 6 kilometer every day on the treadmill) and my knee is bugging me again. It is a bit warm and swollen. I will call another orthopedic surgeon to get a second opinion. What should I do in the meantime? Run one day and do elliptical the next or run shorter distances? Should I wear a brace?
Old 05-27-2017, 11:01 AM

Update: sometimes the pain is keeping me awake at night. I'm also in pain when driving my car but not when riding my bike. I will see the doc again soon and ask for injects like Gotgame suggested.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Community Veteran

Thanked 2,472 Times in 2,178 Posts
Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
Shouldn't be running if knee is in pain. A big no no.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:33 PM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,168 Times in 947 Posts
TommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond repute
Pain is telling you something, listen to your body.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Shouldn't be running if knee is in pain. A big no no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
Pain is telling you something, listen to your body.
No more running until I've seen the orthopedic surgeon. I will do elliptical because it's low impact.