World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Supplement Discussion forums

Shoutbox

Supplement Discussion forums Everything you want to know about supplements. Discussion forums for bodybuilding supplements regarding muscle gain and weight loss

Old 10-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Community Veteran

treetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone Try Carbon 60/C60/Fullerene?

It seems like one of those supplements that's too good to be true and it ain't cheap. It seems like it could have some antioxidant benefits but it's only been tested on rats.

There is a lot of discussion and user experiences here:

https://www.longecity.org/forum/forum/415-c60oil/

I haven't had enough time to really dig into it yet.

You can get it and read about it from these sites (same company):

https://www.sesres.com/

https://www.myvitalc.com/

I could be wrong but if it offered even half of the benefits claimed, I'd think that it would be studied a lot more and more people would have heard of it.

treetop
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,959 Times in 3,135 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Never tried or heard of it.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:11 AM
Community Veteran

treetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond reputetreetop has a reputation beyond repute
I just heard about it very recently. In the rat study, the rats lived around 50% longer than the control rats.

C60 seems to mostly be known in the life extension world right now.

treetop
Old 10-04-2019, 08:22 AM

Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,804 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
It is really expensive. I am going to do some research on it. Thanks for bringing it up. this is all new to me.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 10-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Community Veteran

I just read that the guys that discovered it won the Nobel Prize for their accomplishment in 1996. I haven't had time to dive into it but I'm assuming the award was given for other properties of C60, not it's antioxidant potential.

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/ch...press-release/

I see that there are a ton of recent studies on Pubmed. When (if) I ever have some time, I'd like to look deeper into it.

Here's an interesting study regarding fat loss.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubme...20inflammatory

CONCLUSION: These data indicate that water-soluble pristine C60 fullerenes reduce chronic inflammation, restore glucose homeostasis as well as positively affects on prooxidant-antioxidant homeostasis. C60 fullerenes could be represented as a promising therapeutic agent in the treatment of obesity and its related complications.

PMID 30401827 [Indexed for MEDLINE]5

treetop

Last edited by treetop; 10-05-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:42 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks treetop. I have not had time to look into it. This is a good start.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:10 AM

After more review I think this stuff could help someone with chronic inflammation.....like myself. I am going to try some of the cheap low dose stuff and go from there. Not sure about the DNA unwinding stuff. There is anecdotal hypothesis that animals without the DNA unwinding gene do not live as long but that does not mean that a molecule that unwinds DNA on it's own is not bad.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Community Veteran

I've been doing a lot of reading and podcast listening and I'm not concerned about it messing with my DNA. Dave Asprey (Bulletproof) has a couple of episodes on it as do a couple of other podcasts.

I've thought about getting some from China and mixing it with olive oil but I worry about the quality/purity of the product. I also think that it has to be mixed with the olive oil in a way that involves more than dumping the powder in and shaking it.

treetop
Old 10-11-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop View Post
I've been doing a lot of reading and podcast listening and I'm not concerned about it messing with my DNA. Dave Asprey (Bulletproof) has a couple of episodes on it as do a couple of other podcasts.

I've thought about getting some from China and mixing it with olive oil but I worry about the quality/purity of the product. I also think that it has to be mixed with the olive oil in a way that involves more than dumping the powder in and shaking it.

treetop
Please let us know if you try it. I am interested.