World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding Discussion forum

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding Discussion forum Worldclassbodybuilding Adult Bodybuilding forum dedicated to the discussion of bodybuilding training and weightlifting advice

Old 10-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Community Veteran

Dawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
No one saw all of this coming. If we knew last september that this was going to be a no name free for all, it would have been cool to see Dorian go in the dungeon for a year and see what kind of package he could have brought to the stage. It would have been super cool to see him come back one last time and destroy everyone.

I am pretty sure that former Mr Olympias have an open invite to come back and compete for a lifetime. I don't think that they have to qualify or file for an exemption?
He can't, nor doesn't even lift anymore. Strictly yoga, riding his bike, banging his young Brazilian wife. He has a majorly jacked up shoulder that prevents him from lifting - he said he can't even press a bar with 100lbs on it 1 time without bad pain, so. But I DO get your point.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Community Veteran

Dawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpound_Hank has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggemall View Post
I don't care which era it is, 70's, 80's, 90's to last year...Curry would not be in the top 6. He was given the title this year, he did not win it. IMO of course.
Saying the anyone on the stage won the Mr. Olympia this year is like saying they won the Olympics when all the other teams boycotted it.
Haha ok bro let's not go TOO far with it. While I agree with Yates, not top 6 in the 70's? That's pushing it - when he turned around to the back, everybody in the 70's jaw would drop. Dude does have one helluva back on him - especially magnified with that tiny waist. Actually his torso is pretty damn good- WHEN in condition. But his legs (mainly hams & glutes) need a LOT of work to catch up, if ever.

I agree though with everyone that last year was a gift and if everyone else would have shown up, he might have made top 5.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,694 Times in 2,982 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
The crybaby and the mayberapist were out and Ramy blew another kidney and a shoulder maybe. So we get what we get. Aren't these guys all stoke bait for creeps like Bleckman anyways?? I'm really trying to GAF.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:13 AM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,430 Times in 2,490 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
Haha ok bro let's not go TOO far with it. While I agree with Yates, not top 6 in the 70's? That's pushing it - when he turned around to the back, everybody in the 70's jaw would drop. Dude does have one helluva back on him - especially magnified with that tiny waist. Actually his torso is pretty damn good- WHEN in condition. But his legs (mainly hams & glutes) need a LOT of work to catch up, if ever.

I agree though with everyone that last year was a gift and if everyone else would have shown up, he might have made top 5.
Bullshit DP Remember, that was Arnolds era and no f-ing way was curry close to this, 1975, (maybe thicker, but not better)...

Last edited by Friggemall; 10-08-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgpound_Hank View Post
He can't, nor doesn't even lift anymore. Strictly yoga, riding his bike, banging his young Brazilian wife. He has a majorly jacked up shoulder that prevents him from lifting - he said he can't even press a bar with 100lbs on it 1 time without bad pain, so. But I DO get your point.
Okay, then ANY former Mr O. Ronnie is almost dead so maybe Jay Cutler? LOL.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:44 AM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggemall View Post
Bullshit DP Remember, that was Arnolds era and no f-ing way was curry close to this, 1975, (maybe thicker, but not better)...

Arnold was the GOAT IMO! But you did say top 6 brother - he makes top 6 easily, even based on the judging standards back then with the legs-not-so-important and all. Also Brandon has no GH gut, with a tiny waist. I am not a Brandon fan at all - I do realize he only won bcoz the top guys were out. Now if you we put Brandon back then with only the PEDs they had, in vogue dosages and no GH/slin, I'd bet you are right 100% in not making top 6.

You gotta remember Brandon is only 5'7, yet is still heavier than what Arnold and Sergio was. Hell nobody 5'7 even weighed over 200 lbs back then, and Brandon is 245. I stand by my statement if you put this back shot in early-mid 70's, jaws would drop - not from the conditioning, which Brandon was off at the O, but bcoz of his sheer thickness and V-taper compared to those times...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9235-brandon-curry-251_final.jpg (57.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Dawgpound_Hank; 10-09-2019 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:25 AM

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
I would have liked to see Flex Wheeler do one so back in the 70s LOL. He gets out of the time machine, walks on stage, poses and leaves LOL.

His proportions were right on par with the look that they wanted back then but his development was the stars and the moon beyond what anyone displayed.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
I would have liked to see Flex Wheeler do one so back in the 70s LOL. He gets out of the time machine, walks on stage, poses and leaves LOL.

His proportions were right on par with the look that they wanted back then but his development was the stars and the moon beyond what anyone displayed.
To be so gifted with such tiny joints and long full muscle bellies should be a sin haha. Yates gives him props saying if Flex would have trained as hard as he did, he wouldn't have beat Flex. Gotta admit, Yates had some crazy genetics for back and calves, but that's about it physique-wise. Imagine being able to build 22" calves with only 2 sets a week. His best gift was his mind and willpower.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:12 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,430 Times in 2,490 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
I think the thing that bothers me with Curry is he left and trained for a year with no distractions and this is the best he came with. Sad, IMO.

If you look at some pics hes abdomen is distended just not bad enough to show to the extent other are yet.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:06 PM

Yeah, Flex Wheeler was probably the most genetically gifted bodybuilder ever to walk the face of the earth.