World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

Shoutbox

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:57 AM

Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,947 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
As I live in the Midwest and don't really vacation on the coasts I'd say fresh but simply from lack of anything to compare it with

Old 10-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBBAdmin View Post
Thatís passionate lol wow, I do charters every now and then , I hate having strangers on the boat but it helps with boat costs. I have a uscg captains license For work, makes me more marketable for job assignments. I do mostly inshore and little offshore.
I feel you with the strangers on the boat thing. I usually only take people that I know well.

I don't know if its passion so much as it comes from annoyance. I would fish with other people and as you know, the man who owns the boat runs the boat. I would want to fish one way and they would want to fish another way. Now, I make things easy for everyone. When I take people out, all they have to do is bait the hook at reel fish in. Its a pretty smooth operation.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:11 AM

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
GBAHG sounds like a good time. A lot of work, but a good time. If you fish at night with minnows at Lake of the Ozarks you will not need to fish long if you know where the fish are. My buddy and I go out and we will catch our 30 fish limit in less than 2 hours with minnows at night. We only have 3 spots we fish. We have a gravel bar, some submerged brush piles at 14-17 feet and a rock ledge that drops down to 40 feet. The crappie are always at one of those areas throughout the year.
I know what you mean there. We just went to a 30 fish limit on crappie. You can get 120 in the boat in a few hours when you get into them. These lakes I fish are like 25,000 to 75,000 acres, so sometimes it can take a little while to find them. Once you get into them though...its game over. I have some spots that I will fish that usually produce fish. I like to try to get into bigger fish if I can. There is a good chance at a number of legitimate two pounders every time you go out.

If the crappie are being super dickheads that night and we can't find them we can switch to catfishing. I know a lot of spots that hold good numbers of smaller (under 5 pound) channel cats. Every once in a while you get into a good one and he wrecks all of your lines hahaha.

Here you also run the risk of of gar in the summer, which will ruin your night fast as the crappie don't hang around when gar start patrolling the bait ball around your boat. Any time of the year you can run into a striper that will also momentarily ruin your night. Your pole doubles over in the holder and your drag starts screaming and he usually tangles up about half a dozen other lines. Someone who is used to that happening can usually cut the line before things get effed up, but new guys always get mesmerized and starting fighting the fish and we end up with the birds nest of all bird nests. LOL.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Thanked 18,815 Times in 10,928 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't used live bait since those charter trips my old company would take us on. Other than that
. Might be the late 80s... lol
I like the challenge.
I have a 10pt res. rigged Jon boat with a 40lb trust foot conto motor on the from and a hand throttle 15lb thrust motor on the back.
Usually carry 2 deep cycle marine batteries. And I created a swivel 3ft high (off the bottom) seat over the back bench that's part of how the boat is made I'll take anywhere between 2 and 5 rods rigged with different lures. Jigs are spooled with spyderwire. Other with anything from 4 to 12lb test.. depending on the lure.
All are casting reels with one spinner.
2 tackle boxes one has hard lures and spinners
The other is plastic worms, salamanders and some jigs.
And then my vest
That's my usual set up I use when I take my boat out. One of the lake is a carry-in only.. hence the smaller size of the boat

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms
Egg Whites International

.. Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
The Following User Says Thank You to basskiller For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (10-10-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 07:17 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,959 Times in 3,135 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
I know what you mean there. We just went to a 30 fish limit on crappie. You can get 120 in the boat in a few hours when you get into them. These lakes I fish are like 25,000 to 75,000 acres, so sometimes it can take a little while to find them. Once you get into them though...its game over. I have some spots that I will fish that usually produce fish. I like to try to get into bigger fish if I can. There is a good chance at a number of legitimate two pounders every time you go out.

If the crappie are being super dickheads that night and we can't find them we can switch to catfishing. I know a lot of spots that hold good numbers of smaller (under 5 pound) channel cats. Every once in a while you get into a good one and he wrecks all of your lines hahaha.

Here you also run the risk of of gar in the summer, which will ruin your night fast as the crappie don't hang around when gar start patrolling the bait ball around your boat. Any time of the year you can run into a striper that will also momentarily ruin your night. Your pole doubles over in the holder and your drag starts screaming and he usually tangles up about half a dozen other lines. Someone who is used to that happening can usually cut the line before things get effed up, but new guys always get mesmerized and starting fighting the fish and we end up with the birds nest of all bird nests. LOL.
Haha. We usually run jugs while we are crappie fishing. Might was well if you know you are going to be in an area for a while.
A1food4u (10-10-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Haha. We usually run jugs while we are crappie fishing. Might was well if you know you are going to be in an area for a while.
I hear you. I have a seaark 1872 that is my catfishing boat. Its hard for me to run jugs in the pontoon.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Thanked 18,815 Times in 10,928 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
This is why I bass fish
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms
Egg Whites International

.. Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Old 10-10-2019, 09:00 AM

I like how he talks to it trying to coerce it into staying on the line when his drag starts peeling out LOL.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:09 AM

Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,808 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
That is huge bass! I have never caught a 10+ I have come close. last few times I have gone I have blanked. Sucks. this is my normal time to slay em.

Went last night. Took the kayak but did not launch. wind was 20 mph. fished several spots for 4 hours. NOT ONE BITE!

Where are the fish? Normally I can catch 10 in 2 hours.

As for the original question I love both but the gulf is 6 hours away and I only fish it 1x a year. I do not do very good either HAHA.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 10-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,959 Times in 3,135 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
That is huge bass! I have never caught a 10+ I have come close. last few times I have gone I have blanked. Sucks. this is my normal time to slay em.

Went last night. Took the kayak but did not launch. wind was 20 mph. fished several spots for 4 hours. NOT ONE BITE!

Where are the fish? Normally I can catch 10 in 2 hours.

As for the original question I love both but the gulf is 6 hours away and I only fish it 1x a year. I do not do very good either HAHA.
Wind had them on lock jaw. Also, last night was not the greatest for the major/minor periods. This weekend should be off the chain. I am going Sunday. I am going to hunt until about 10:00 am, fish from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm and hunt 3:30 pm to 7:15 pm.