World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Community Veteran

gotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Damn, that sounds painful!!!

gotgame, doesn't cortisone weakens tendons, ligaments, etc after a few rounds of injections?
Thats only partially correct. If the injection goes where it is supposed to go then its contained by the capsule in larger joints and doesnt bathe any supporting structures and you can have as many as you want. If the underlying issue is OA then you can have as many as you want.

If the issue is something like synovitis and not OA then having a few injections is reasonable but if they arent working then you need to look for the underlying issue.

If you are doing it blindly and injecting into the soft tissues then yes you should only have a few injections. I do all my with x ray for ultrasound so i dont miss.

In joints such as shoulder or hips and a potential cuff tear then maybe you want to limit as it can weaken but again it matters what he underlying issue is.

In something like ankles, toes, small joints. ill inject them 50x and it wont make a difference.

So its not straight forward but if you inject where you are supposed to and dont do it blindly then you can have a ton in almost any joint.

I will say this again... things like synovisc and other cartilage type prep solutions are BS for cartilage healing and do not work. They can help with symptoms but dont make a difference on the cartilage level and i am citing myself for that using T1RHO imaging on 3T magnet
DISCLAIMER: Medical information is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gotgame For This Useful Post:
-TE- (02-16-2017), A1food4u (02-16-2017), MR. BMJ  (02-16-2017)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 02-16-2017, 11:18 AM

Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,131 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the feedback, I've had almost 40% of the meniscus removed, an acl and an mcl all on the same knee, trying to put off replacing it until I'm 60, so I guess comfort is what I'm after...
Old 02-16-2017, 01:00 PM
pharmacist pharmacist Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

pharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant futurepharmacist has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhead14 View Post
Naw its not bad at all
Not a huge difference between Synvisc and Euflexxa.... Both are Hyaluronic Acid compounds.
The Following User Says Thank You to pharmacist For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (02-16-2017)