World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Firearms and other weapons

Shoutbox

Old 05-11-2018, 11:49 AM
WCBB Veteran

aragorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond repute
Para Ordnance 1911 questions.

I recently purchased two Para. 45's off gunbroker and need a few things cleared up. Both pistols came with multiple magazines, now these are supposed to be 14 round mags. I can only get 13 in some of them, this is my first foray in high cap pistol territory. Could it be that these are only 13 round mags, or do I need to suck it up and try pushing that last round into the mag?
I realize I don't always have to have a fully loaded magazine, it's just the principle of the matter.
Also, do magazine loaders work, as my thumb starts getting raw after the fourth mag?
Thanks.
I'M THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL, BUT YOU CAN CALL ME COOKIE.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-12-2018, 09:25 AM

Thanked 2,885 Times in 2,202 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Are you sure it is not 13+1? that would be 13 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. (but you probably know that.) Which model para is it?
I rarely add that last round in my mags, I do not know if it really makes a difference but ole timers tell me mag springs last longer if not pressed full all the time.

My M&P came with a mag loader. I am sure you could find one for your double stack 1911 mag. mine is simply a piece of plastic molder to go around the mag with a little thing that pushes the 1st round down and allows you to start another very easily. They are great for range days when you load you mags 20 times.

I have heard good things about UPLULA mag loaders. (had to google to remember the name) Find one that works for your para and I think you will be quite happy and wonder why you ever used your thumb.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
aragorn1500 (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 01:24 PM
WCBB Veteran

aragorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond reputearagorn1500 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Are you sure it is not 13+1? that would be 13 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. (but you probably know that.) Which model para is it? .
Its a 14.45 as far as it being 13+1, I was thinking about that, but some of the mags can take 14 rounds and some don't.
I'm going to look that mag loader up, I heard about that brand too.
Thanks.
Old 05-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Are you sure it is not 13+1? that would be 13 in the mag and 1 in the chamber. (but you probably know that.) Which model para is it?
I rarely add that last round in my mags, I do not know if it really makes a difference but ole timers tell me mag springs last longer if not pressed full all the time.

My M&P came with a mag loader. I am sure you could find one for your double stack 1911 mag. mine is simply a piece of plastic molder to go around the mag with a little thing that pushes the 1st round down and allows you to start another very easily. They are great for range days when you load you mags 20 times.

I have heard good things about UPLULA mag loaders. (had to google to remember the name) Find one that works for your para and I think you will be quite happy and wonder why you ever used your thumb.
I've used my 9mm uplula for thousands and thousands of rounds. The other day I was at the range and went through 600 rounds without it. That sucked after speed loading with that thumb saver.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:28 AM
WCBB Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
I've used my 9mm uplula for thousands and thousands of rounds. The other day I was at the range and went through 600 rounds without it. That sucked after speed loading with that thumb saver.
I feel your pain brother.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:57 PM
BigSarge BigSarge Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

BigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant futureBigSarge has a brilliant future
Quote:

I'd have to agree with what you've said here...mag loaders take a minute to get 'knack of' bit quick learn all the same, I've used a couple different brands, not one bad or poor performance yet...

I their first offering, now have a Match Para 14.45 pure wickedness in the steel!! IMO Paras's mags have always been tight as a drum....

I've been carrying a long time and I have always kept a round, or even two, out to maintain spring strength. Picked this up from several sources, time in military/law/security training and from old timers to me! Who knows right! But it's not failed me! Besides my focus is first person to place round in opponent wins and goes home, even if have to stop at jail for couple few hours!!! Carried small revolvers as often as I've carried single and double column mags..

Thanks for opportunity to sa thanks for your post and post mine..

Glad y'all carry too...
Old 05-16-2018, 06:52 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSarge View Post
I've been carrying a long time and I have always kept a round, or even two, out to maintain spring strength. Picked this up from several sources,

Glad y'all carry too...

yeah that is what I heard as well. cannot find any thing other than anecdotal evidence that this works but I guess I am sold on the idea.

The more folk concealed carry the safer I feel.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:06 AM
Community Veteran

BigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond repute
Should be 14 + 1.

BPP
Old 05-18-2018, 06:00 AM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaPumpAF View Post
Should be 14 + 1.

BPP

I feel the same way, if a mag is listed as 14 rounds, it should hold 14 rounds.
If you consider say a magazine for a Kalashnikov, most of them are 30 rounds. You don't put in 29 and then one in the chamber.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:40 AM

yep, y'all are right. I would call para and find out as maybe there is a defect in the mags and you can get a new one.