World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:58 AM

Thanked 5,804 Times in 4,381 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
The card has been shifted up a bit. Here is the updated card.

Featherweight Calvin Kattar vs. Giga Chikadze
Heavyweight Jake Collier vs. Chase Sherman
Flyweight Brandon Royval vs. Rogério Bontorin
Women's Flyweight Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia
Lightweight Dakota Bush vs. Viacheslav Borshchev
Featherweight Bill Algeo vs. Joanderson Brito

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-16-2022, 09:28 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Worth sitting through some average fights for that main even! We knew it would be good and it delivered in a BIG way.

Featherweight Calvin Kattar def. Giga Chikadze Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–45, 50–44) 5 5:00 What a *ucking fight! Unbelievable how tough these guys are and the heart they showed! If you missed it, watch it. Kattar is a terminator and Giga is a true warrior, 3,4,5 he was getting busted up with punches and elbows and never stopped fighting. I am a fan of both guys.

Heavyweight Jake Collier def. Chase Sherman Submission (rear-naked choke) 1 2:26 Once you have a giant fat man on you, there is no escape. Both guys can bang but Jake showed his strength with that choke. I cannot remember but I think it was on the chin and the squeeze made chase tap.

Flyweight Brandon Royval def. Rogério Bontorin Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28) 3 5:00 Love Royval, what a gamer. Bontorin can bang but he is a leech on the ground. He grabs and hangs on. Glad Royval won.

Women's Flyweight Katlyn Chookagian def. Jennifer Maia Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00 Boring as expected. Chookigian just cannot finish a fight vs good opponents. Maia wanted to bang but Katlyn's length kept her at bay.

Lightweight Viacheslav Borshchev def. Dakota Bush TKO (punch to the body) 1 3:47 Borshchev was loosing due to Bush taking him down when he entered to strike and bush was throwing BOMBS. But one well placed shot right above the typical liver shot put Bush down and out.

Featherweight Bill Algeo def. Joanderson Brito Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00 Close fight. Brito just came forward with reckless abandon throwing haymakers and going for takedowns, Brito is scary on the ground but Algeo always managed to get back up. Algeo used his length and stayed calm and got the nod.

Bonuses:
Fight of the Night: Calvin Kattar vs. Giga Chikadze They should have gotten $100K for that
Performance of the Night: Jake Collier and Viacheslav Borshchev

Giga and Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giga-chikadze-calvin-kattar-ufc-on-espn-32.jpg (162.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by jipped genes; 01-16-2022 at 09:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
DaSarge (01-17-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 09:56 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,696 Times in 1,199 Posts
blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Finally got to catch a fight and it didn't disappoint. Relentless pressure from Kattar. I don't think I've seen anyone use elbows so consistently and successfully. And damn Giga is tough as nails.
The Following User Says Thank You to blm For This Useful Post:
DaSarge (01-17-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Finally got to catch a fight and it didn't disappoint. Relentless pressure from Kattar. I don't think I've seen anyone use elbows so consistently and successfully. And damn Giga is tough as nails.

Agree, Kattar did what he needed to win. They mentioned it over and over how pressure makes it harder to kick as for the most powerful kicks one needs to move forward.

Calvin did not allow Giga to setup and read. Being pursued is exhausting.

Calvin was able to come in with those big elbows as Giga got more tired. Hard to do on a fresh fighter. It was a helluva fight!

Old 01-16-2022, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Thanked 3,954 Times in 2,909 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Kattar had the perfect game plan to take out Giga, wow! Giga was doing what he always does the first 1.5 minutes, then he lost balance and Kattar took advantage of it on the ground the rest of the fight. Nothing happened on the ground, but Giga had an energy bomb. He looked good defending on the ground, but in his corner, he was all out of breath. When he came out for the 2nd round, he looked fatigued, in addition to Kattar executing his game plan with the pressure.

That missed kick by Giga in the first where he fell down changed the whole dynamic of the fight. It would have been interesting what would have happened if he didn't do that....but we can't.

That pressure by Kattar really fukked up Giga. You can bet everybody seen that and will execute it now on Giga. If he doesn't learn to adapt, he will fall further.

Major respect for both guys though, Kattar is a badass guy, one of my favorites out there right now. He kept the right speed as well in the fight, he was never out of breath ever in his corner. Such a great calculated fight by him!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
DaSarge (01-17-2022), jipped genes (01-17-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Thanked 3,954 Times in 2,909 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
The two fights prior were also good. I started watching right as the women's fight ended. Freakin' Collier is a beast, he makes me laugh. He sort of looks like a fat Nick Diaz, lol.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:45 AM
EXTINCT

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,186 Posts
DaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond repute
Jipped's assessment is spot on!

Not much to add other than I thought Kattar's defense helped him immensely. Giga can usually string together 3,4,5 fast combinations coming from different angles. He still tagged Kattar but couldn't do much damage as Kattar would block enough of the shots to stop him from throwing more.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:09 AM

Kattar is tough as nails and rolls with punches well. They just do not seem to hurt him.

BMJ I agree about the ground time. Giga may have been tired, he may have felt how strong Kattar was on top and was gun shy after or both.

I think there are fighters who will try forward pressure like Kattar I just do not think there are many fighters who can pull it off. Giga strikes too hard. There will be guys that try that game plan and get smashed. Kattar is built different and he fights to win always.