World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Shoutbox

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:40 PM

Thanked 3,149 Times in 2,501 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Weird elbow pain

So was doing military presses, felt an odd tightening sensation (not a pop or tweak are pull) As I worked through the rest of the work out the "tight feeling got stronger and then it started to be painful.

its above and behind the left elbow. If you take the fingers on your right hand and reach to the outside of the left elbow, the pain starts in that little hollow space and moves up about 2 inches. There is no pain with the arm extended, it starts when the arm is bent more than 45 degrees like a curl.

Never had any elbow trouble before so I'm not sure how to proceed. There is no redness, doesn't feel hot and there is no swelling... ideas??

should I ice it or heat it???

Old 11-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,199 Times in 2,314 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
I get that with both elbows. Weird generally in one then goes away after a few weeks then the other will start. Mine feels like tendon, and generally happens only when I'm on test. (I am getting it some now only when lifting plus I've been out of the gym for 6 months so I expect some joint, tendon and muscle rebellion. I generally don't do anything but if I did I'd do ice which means it's probably the wrong thing to do, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Friggemall For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (11-29-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 03:06 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
so been icing.... feels fine until I put it under load... always hurts worse when bent, straight arm no pain at all
Old 11-30-2017, 03:22 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,199 Times in 2,314 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1food4u View Post
so been icing.... feels fine until I put it under load... always hurts worse when bent, straight arm no pain at all
Same here, did shoulders last night and first set there it was immediately thought dang you A1 lol. Mine is actually on the inside (towards body) between the 'dent' the elbow and next knot bone end
Old 11-30-2017, 03:29 PM

LOL..... misery loves company!!!
Friggemall (11-30-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 06:59 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,527 Times in 1,265 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
The Ye Old, I am Over 50 Syndrome....

imho, this syndrome happens to all of us, yet, folks who are more active, weirder yet briefer incidents

symptoms, you are fine to great.....no major incident....like magic...pain somewhere you never had before for no earthly reason.....

like magic, should disappear in either 3 day or two weeks, if not....

DON'T DO SHIOT TO MAKE IT WORSE......

if it's not major pain, let it be for a few weeks, then start some defined stretching and it should be okay...

what happened was you got a scratch on the flux capacitor it it took a month to regenerate itself fill in the scratch and buff it out to be good as new, issue was matching the paint due to aging, so it took some time for merlin to mix it perfectly for you
The Following User Says Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (12-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Community Veteran

Massive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond repute
it almost feels like tendonitis and your elbow is about to pop I get it all the time
I use elbow sleeves and this has worked wonders for my knees and elbow recoup.

https://freezesleeve.com/products/fr...UaAuSHEALw_wcB
The Following User Says Thank You to Massive G For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (12-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 01:43 PM

That looks cool..lol... My pitcher daughter might like that as well. Thanks Massive G