World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Powerlifting Strongman

Shoutbox

Powerlifting Strongman Discussion on powerlifting, strength and more, including the squat, dead lift, and bench press

Old 12-03-2017, 02:32 PM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I like the alternating heavy weeks as the dl creates so much lower back stress. However, I do have some critiques...first wouldn't it be nice to increase your dl 50lbs every 16 weeks particularly if you're a 600lb dler. Second, that leads me to predetermined weight selection...a 600lb dler will need to choose their load carefully based on how things move that day. Prescribed numbers usually lead to bad form if the lifter is having an off day...or as bad they miss a lift. Also, this program appears to be aimed at someone who does not compete in the squat. That adds a whole nother dimension to programs design.

Hawk
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Treny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant future
Im going to take a stab at this...im going to gear my numbers based off some quick math to the %ie 255x10 at what he says is a 600lb lifter...so assuming 40ish%...ill change i think based off a range. Meaning if i can get 15 ill raise the weight.

Wondering what math was used to get his numbers or are they based off of a %?
Old 12-03-2017, 05:38 PM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treny24 View Post
Im going to take a stab at this...im going to gear my numbers based off some quick math to the %ie 255x10 at what he says is a 600lb lifter...so assuming 40ish%...ill change i think based off a range. Meaning if i can get 15 ill raise the weight.

Wondering what math was used to get his numbers or are they based off of a %?
I think it was pretty arbitrary...

Hawk
The Following User Says Thank You to chicken_hawk For This Useful Post:
Treny24 (12-03-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Treny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant future
On week 2 of this, i set my numbers based off of some quick math to find his % based off the numbers given. Seems right so far.

Going to make a few amendments ie dumping racks for the moment and going to add deficits as thats my weak point. And maybe mix in some snatch grips.
The Following User Says Thank You to Treny24 For This Useful Post:
chicken_hawk (12-10-2017)