World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > General prepper discussion

Shoutbox

Old 11-20-2017, 08:51 AM
jipped genes jipped genes Is Off Line

Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,911 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Invisible man theory

So, preppers know what I am talking about. If SHTF and you go out wearing a full tacticool urban camo kit with molle vest full of mags/gear and such, a giant 70L back pack, a fully tricked up AR on a sling in front, a .338 Lapua rifle on your back and a $1900 custom 1911 on a drop leg you will become a target.

The theory goes...........if you blend in with minimal gear all looking like you left work and are just trying to get home, bad people will leave you alone as you are not an inviting target. Hence invisible man as you are just another ill-prepared weary person going from A to B, folk would not look 2X at you.

Discuss

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 11-21-2017, 12:02 AM
crusader and preacher. martyr if necessary.

Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,415 Posts
acneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond repute
the invisible or as ive heard it the grey man theory is hotly debated. you become a target for the desperate but i think not so much for the bad guys. they will look for weaker prey. but the desperate are already dying or feel that they are and no risk is too much to get what they need.

you simply cannot carry any sufficient equipment and not be noticeable. if you are going long distance that is. like in war of the worlds, even a shitty car was a target. and it was the desperate not the bandits that attacked.

i guess that is for you to decide, look vulnerable? or tough? if you have anything you are a target regardless.

the only way to be really invisible is to have nothing showing. dirty crappy clothes and no bag. even a walmart bag will have people thinking you have food.

and so for me i will walk with my back pack and my ar in hand and hope to avoid most people.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:52 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
agree to a point. if SHTF then a desperate person would have no compunction about waiting for you to walk up and shooting you in the back of the head if they see something of value. if you look like you have nothing they may just let you pass without wasting an irreplaceable round.

--Thomas Jefferson

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Old 11-21-2017, 09:45 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,293 Times in 2,707 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Be ready when they fukk with you. If you look intimidating mostly shitheads leave you alone. When I was in Italy I started out at 215. 2 months in I was 200 lbs and pretty damn lean. Nobody messed with me. then I got sick the last 2 weeks and dropped another 6-7 lbs and I got messed with. One guy tried to pick pocket my briefcase. Ended up telling him I was going to disassemble him. It got hairy because at that point I didn't have much command of the language and he was able to get some of the people in the car on his side. So I waited to my stop and we both got off. Then I told him to make his move. He left. It was a little hairy in a foreign country when the people can quickly side against you when you don't know the language. It would have been had if I ended up beating his face off the cement and ended up in lockup.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:36 AM
GBAGH GBAGH Is Off Line
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
This is why you will have a hard time surviving as one man.

You are much better off in a small group. A dozen people will seldom be messed with. On the offensive note, a dozen people may just decide to take everything from a "grey man" no matter how grey he looks LOL.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:50 PM
crusader and preacher. martyr if necessary.

Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,415 Posts
acneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond repute
i guess the real debate centers around the level of disaster. is there civilization waiting a few hundred miles away or less? or is it global nuclear winter/asteroid impact type of shtf. in a localized disaster the rules of civilization are bent but not completely broken. in the area of the disaster there will be mob rule and predators. this is where grey man may work. look like you dont have much and are not much of a threat and you may walk out. once it gets global then im not sure "not much" becomes a deterrent. it then becomes us against them in all encounters. am i not thinking this through guys?
Old 11-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Thanked 7,939 Times in 5,188 Posts
Nate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
So, preppers know what I am talking about. If SHTF and you go out wearing a full tacticool urban camo kit with molle vest full of mags/gear and such, a giant 70L back pack, a fully tricked up AR on a sling in front, a .338 Lapua rifle on your back and a $1900 custom 1911 on a drop leg you will become a target.

Discuss

Just described me to the T

It's all situational for me. Am I on the run? Am I holed up? Am I out for recon/ scavenging an area?

On the run- I will have all my gear with for as long as possible.

Holed up- gear close by but not loaded down.

Recon- rifle (optional)/sidearm/ knife - need to stay fleet of foot and mobile. I can always come back to an area with a pack if need be.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Thanked 3,413 Times in 2,685 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of variables for an answer. I prefer to blend in. This is the same reason I do not like the idea of open carry. If I was a bad guy and going to start shooting, the guys open carrying would be the first targets. I know they are a threat no matter what. I would have to profile a little deeper after them to find my next threats.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:50 PM

we just got back in town from my folks house. about 3 hours away. I packed up a bunch of littler stuff like a lighter, space blankets, 2 flashlights, 2 pistols with 2 full mags and a box of ammo. My pack was just a regular backpack my son used to take to school. I had a heavy jacket I left in the back but had it. as well as other stuff like a couple protein bars and 2 bottle of water for 3 of us, really not enough.

say the SHTF 1/2 way is is 100 miles either way pretty much about 35-40 hours of walking. that would be a BITCH! I feel we would make it home or back to my folks fairly easy. it would be a week or so after that things would get nasty.

--Thomas Jefferson

Plato
Old 12-06-2017, 01:12 AM
L202 L202 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

L202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to behold
I think it depends how bad shtf... If we are talking military in the streets then I think you gotta suit up, but if things are fresh maybe staying civilian looking is the way to go. Either way I'm ready