World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding Discussion forum

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding Discussion forum Worldclassbodybuilding Adult Bodybuilding forum dedicated to the discussion of bodybuilding training and weightlifting advice

Old 04-13-2017, 09:15 PM
bigtex bigtex Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

bigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_hawk View Post
On the bodybuilding side of things, I have had good results from the ranges you have. It seams like legs like higher reps, back and chest around 6 to 10, but that could be because my arms wear down faster...not sure. I always like 10 to 15 for arms and delts although I do go heavier at times. I am sure I could not handle that much volume as I usually did a total of 8 sets. That being said I have never had too hard a time putting on weight. I tend to eat and train less then my comrads and make as good or better progress.

Hawk
Hawk, I have a web page I think you will like:

https://www.strengthandconditioningresearch.com/

Chris Beardsley has put all of this together and under "muscles" you can see an extensive write up of every muscle in the body. Particularly interesting si the fiber type make up. I was shocked that the leg typically has almost a 50/50 split in type I and type II fibers. Which accounts for the higher reps we both do causing better growth.

I have totally retire from powerlifting and very recently retired as a strength coach/football coach. So I will probably not be training athletes any longer. I am now teaching college part time and teach weight training and the introduction to fitness and exercise. So I cover more of the recreational end while most in the weight training are more interested in bodybuilding type exercises. The females in that class all want to be bikini models. So I am having to totally change what I know. Bikini division training is no where the same as bodybuilding. But so far I am having great results and all the kids are happy with the changes they are seeing this semester.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 04-13-2017, 09:45 PM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Hawk, I have a web page I think you will like:

https://www.strengthandconditioningresearch.com/

Chris Beardsley has put all of this together and under "muscles" you can see an extensive write up of every muscle in the body. Particularly interesting si the fiber type make up. I was shocked that the leg typically has almost a 50/50 split in type I and type II fibers. Which accounts for the higher reps we both do causing better growth.

I have totally retire from powerlifting and very recently retired as a strength coach/football coach. So I will probably not be training athletes any longer. I am now teaching college part time and teach weight training and the introduction to fitness and exercise. So I cover more of the recreational end while most in the weight training are more interested in bodybuilding type exercises. The females in that class all want to be bikini models. So I am having to totally change what I know. Bikini division training is no where the same as bodybuilding. But so far I am having great results and all the kids are happy with the changes they are seeing this semester.
Thanks for the link, I will check it out and report back. I'm always looking for some solid research with practical application. I am of the mind set that there is always something new to learn.

Talk about a change of professional focus. You must like a challenge! LOL. Bodybuilding and females at that...bodybuilding/figure/bikini is so full of mysticism and irrational thinking that you have an uphill battle. Subjectivity vs objectivity and so on. I admire your spirit! I have competed twice which in bbing terms means I'm in the inner circle locally and know most of the local competitors.

But, even though I did pretty well I enjoyed the transition to Pling where I could win even if I didn't take my class. And It came down to numbers and performance. I could not imagine going the other way besides trying to inject some science into a sport that revolves around idols IMHO. I would enjoy hearing some tales of the challenges and misconceptions and how you have dealt with them as one who deals with that same world on a daily basis.

Hawk
Old 04-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Community Veteran

BigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond reputeBigPapaPumpAF has a reputation beyond repute
I just had this conversation with some 30 something old young bucks at the gym today. They were asking about my shoulder rehab and then asked about other injuries. After I rattled off pec tears, hernias, shoulders and knees I basically closed it with the fact that now I lift for the pump and not the weight. I still weigh 250 lbs, maybe a little more flab than in my prime but even that is not out of reach if I wanted it. I just realized that I don't have to lift full blown comando any more to get where I want to be. I feel better when I leave too....

BPP
The Following User Says Thank You to BigPapaPumpAF For This Useful Post:
chicken_hawk (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 09:11 PM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaPumpAF View Post
I just had this conversation with some 30 something old young bucks at the gym today. They were asking about my shoulder rehab and then asked about other injuries. After I rattled off pec tears, hernias, shoulders and knees I basically closed it with the fact that now I lift for the pump and not the weight. I still weigh 250 lbs, maybe a little more flab than in my prime but even that is not out of reach if I wanted it. I just realized that I don't have to lift full blown comando any more to get where I want to be. I feel better when I leave too....

BPP
I am pretty sure that lifting full commando was needed even when we could lol. More can be less I have come to believe. Even if it took me over a decade to realize it.

Hawk