World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Nutrition

Nutrition Ask questions and discuss any nutrition related topics here. Making nutrition education more meaningful through facilitated group discussions

Old 11-23-2019, 08:40 AM
Community Veteran

Massive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond repute
Game changers really made me think - BUT again it is about high level elite athletes, and the diets weren't readily available for review that would reveal the level of veganism as I call it.
Someone that is completely vegan is to me like the walking dead, seen them at whole foods, deathly skinny, white and pale.

I know many people that are what I call "mild" vegans - eat tons of greens, beans rice tofu etc but also have egg whites and fish and sometimes a little chicken, and they are very healthy - 2 people I know completely reversed their metabolic syndrome from decades of red meat based diets.

I am going to try and eliminate red meat and some other fibrous meats and eat a lot more veggies legumes rice beans etc. Also more fibrous fruits like apples and strawberries.

Had a colon view earlier this year due to some bloating and gastro issues and they found 2 polyps, benign but makes one think anyway.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 11-23-2019, 09:12 AM

Thanked 3,727 Times in 2,883 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive G View Post
Game changers really made me think -
Game changers is a proselytizing piece to push veganism.

Check out this pod cast, or just read the notes below. One big this Kressler points out is how a person eating a bunch of processed foods and crap goes to a vegan diet will certainly feel better.......for a while. It is called the vegan honeymoon period where you feel awesome. Then there are all all the problems from missing nutrients and such catch up manifesting in fatigue, lower immunity, prone to injury due to muscles needing more complete amino sources to repair, tendon and ligament probs, mineral and creatine deficiency.

I am not bagging on veganism, a person CAN be healthy as a vegan. But it is a challenge and it is my opinion that a person would probably benefit from at least consuming dairy and fish. Both of which contain vital fatty acids, complete proteins and fish has EPA and DHA which a vegan diet lacks.

I do the vegan thing 1 or two times a year for a week or so. just as a cleanse more than anything. It is hard.

https://podcastnotes.org/2019/11/22/...rs-vegan-diet/

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 11-23-2019, 09:35 AM
Community Veteran

Massive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond reputeMassive G has a reputation beyond repute
It is clearly slanted one way - not sure if you have seen it, but the blood serum spin down seems fishy to me - blood drawn 2 hours after a meal revealed that those that ate beef and chicken burritos vs veggie had cloudy serum, vs clear vegan.
Also the "circulation" studies had me scratching my head.
Then again the "studies" were performed using healthy Pro athletes.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:58 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It is clearly slanted one way - not sure if you have seen it, but the blood serum spin down seems fishy to me - blood drawn 2 hours after a meal revealed that those that ate beef and chicken burritos vs veggie had cloudy serum, vs clear vegan.
Also the "circulation" studies had me scratching my head.
Then again the "studies" were performed using healthy Pro athletes.
That is simply not true. Vegan is NOT a healthy way to eat for 98% of the people in the world.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Massive G (12-05-2019)
Old 12-05-2019, 09:38 AM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
That is simply not true. Vegan is NOT a healthy way to eat for 98% of the people in the world.
Where did I say that in what you quoted?
I am not here to change anyone's mind, just to encourage open discussion as my diet is more caveman than vegetarian and am simply entertaining the idea of eating less meat and more vegetables and mixed proteins.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Where did I say that in what you quoted?
I am not here to change anyone's mind, just to encourage open discussion as my diet is more caveman than vegetarian and am simply entertaining the idea of eating less meat and more vegetables and mixed proteins.
Yep, no worries. And that was just my opinion with some fact. caveman=whole foods with no adulteration. It is good. cavemen did not have hotdogs and pasta hahah.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Massive G (12-06-2019)
Old 12-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,603 Times in 2,000 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
The problem that most traditional meat eaters have in relation to their health, is the lack of including fruits and vegetables into their diets. When they are included, along with a balanced diet of lean proteins, calorie control, and whole grains if tolerated, then there is usually no risk of health concerns, and just as healthy, if not healthier than various forms of vegetarian eaters, especially vegans who do not meet their requirements for B12 and stuff in their diets. What happens is that you get a bunch of vegetarians who like to preach their snobbery that eating as a vegetarian and/or vegan is the 'only' healthy way to eat, and that meat is bad. This may be true if comparing it to a traditional western diet of fast food, processed foods, fatty processed meats and stuff, but is not the case when compared to what I listed initially above. Yes, you can be a vegetarian and be healthy, but so can a meat eater. On the contrary, both can be a vegetarian and a meat eater and be unhealthy too. I have no problems with people being vegetarian, or a meat eater for that matter, but I think the concern from most comes from those following a particular plan and preaching it as superior or the only way to eat. It really depends on the context and reasoning.

I think Game Changers is nothing but propaganda and fear-mongering, personally. I don't have a problem with a person putting out a film on the benefits of vegetarianism, or promoting it, but not at the expense of blatantly, or falsely accusing meat as the problem. It's not cut and dry like that, and too many factors involved.

Usually, and Game Changers did this as well, when vegetarians can't win on the nutritional argument (again, there is more than 1 healthy way to eat), then they have to move the goal posts and start using the global warming and animal cruelty as a reason to eat their way, which is just total BS.

I don't really subscribe to extreme dieting in any direction, unless it's for a sporting or bodybuilding contest, which is only a miniscule percent of the population. You can add in those who live in extreme environmental conditions, and who do not have access to a grocery store or farm, if needed. Most bodybuilders don't really even have to eat extreme until contest, or well into it, for that matter. Most overcomplicate the process. Personally, especially for the general population who are not bodybuilders or the sort, just having calorie control with lean proteins, fruits and vegetables, minimal processed foods, healthy fats and whole grains or starches, it's probably the easiest way to go about eating to be healthy, and to stay in shape with some form of exercise or weight training involved.

My degrees are in nutrition and dietetics with a second degree in food science, and I attended school in the Los Angeles area, so I was around a ton of vegetarians, it comes with the territory. Not all nutrition/dietetics majors were vegetarians, it was mixed, but the point i'm getting at is that we all got along and respected each others decisions. The study group I was involved with for many of my last 2-3 years of school, mostly women of course, were vegetarians and they were some of my best friends ever. We'd poke back and forth at each other, but it's not like the extremists you see now who think everything is bad, or that the environment is going to be ruined by eating a steak. Yes, some were against killing animals, but it was mainly a small group. Most of them would order me a steak, because that's what they knew I liked eating...likewise, i'd order them some....I guess tofu or chick peas

Last edited by MR. BMJ; 12-06-2019 at 12:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
Massive G (12-06-2019)
Old 12-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Yep, no worries. And that was just my opinion with some fact. caveman=whole foods with no adulteration. It is good. cavemen did not have hotdogs and pasta hahah.
Yea me too I kinda sounded snippy in my response and in no way meant it that way. I need to clean up my diet and want to end up adding more veggies and good solid grains in. I can post more later.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
I have a very simple philosophy. "You are what you eat". Eat a bull, look like a bull. Eat a cicken, look like a chicken. Eat a fish, look like a fish. etc. lol.

Actually, for those of you who are old enough to remember fitness guru Jack LaLane, that mf'r went total vegetarian in his 60's and swore by it. That dude was in his 80's when he jumped in a lake and towed an ungodly number of big boats for a mile, swimming with a rope in his teeth or some shit. He was a total specimen... lol. I'd be lucky to just swim for a mile.