World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Powerlifting Strongman

Shoutbox

Powerlifting Strongman Discussion on powerlifting, strength and more, including the squat, dead lift, and bench press

Old 08-06-2017, 12:35 PM
millenium girl millenium girl Is Off Line

Thanked 2,394 Times in 2,059 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Not competing but my favorite of all times, our own Genetic Freak

Old 08-07-2017, 10:26 AM
3Vandoo 3Vandoo Is Off Line
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
on medical leave
Old 08-24-2017, 12:45 PM
bigtex bigtex Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

bigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond repute
Retired completely in 2007 after rupturing my patella and quad tendons. I had lost interest anyway. Competed 27 years and felt like I had far exceeded any goals I could have dreamed of, I ended with 14 world records in 2 different weight classes ranked #1 and #2 in the world in 2 different weight classes. I can't even remember all the national and state records.

I was also a meet director for 3 different federations for many years and finally got fed up with all the ridiculous, negative politics involved in the sport. I still was involved in coaching high school powerlifting up until last year, 2016. I retired from work a few months afterwards. I was going to remain in the sport as a referee which I have also done for many years, but I decided I just have no desire to be involved in any aspect. Great sport, I just got burned out with it all. I gave plenty to the sport and got lots back.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Treny24 Treny24 Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Treny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Retired completely in 2007 after rupturing my patella and quad tendons. I had lost interest anyway. Competed 27 years and felt like I had far exceeded any goals I could have dreamed of, I ended with 14 world records in 2 different weight classes ranked #1 and #2 in the world in 2 different weight classes. I can't even remember all the national and state records.

I was also a meet director for 3 different federations for many years and finally got fed up with all the ridiculous, negative politics involved in the sport. I still was involved in coaching high school powerlifting up until last year, 2016. I retired from work a few months afterwards. I was going to remain in the sport as a referee which I have also done for many years, but I decided I just have no desire to be involved in any aspect. Great sport, I just got burned out with it all. I gave plenty to the sport and got lots back.
That speaks for itself, awesome man. And that def happens to the best of us, hard to come back after that.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:51 PM
bigtex bigtex Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

bigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treny24 View Post
That speaks for itself, awesome man. And that def happens to the best of us, hard to come back after that.
When I saw the photos of J P Fux it brought back some bad memories. I did 1 knee but he did both. Thank GOD I was squatting in a monolift with the safety racks set up and I didn't end up on the floor like he did. But like JP I was back in the gym a week after surgery and never stopped lifting. My knee will never be the same though.

Last edited by bigtex; 09-02-2017 at 01:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigtex For This Useful Post:
Treny24 (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Treny24 Treny24 Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Treny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant futureTreny24 has a brilliant future
Ouch that makes me cringe!

Note to self...always have those safety nets up