World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 04-24-2022, 08:47 AM

Thanked 6,700 Times in 4,950 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
UFC on ESPN: Font vs. Vera 04/30

Bantamweight Rob Font vs. Marlon Vera This is a fighters fight. Too badass guys who have no prob banging.

Heavyweight Andrei Arlovski vs. Jake Collier Arlovski on a 3 fight win streak. Collier has won then lost every fight he has had in the UFC. No back to back wins or losses since 2014. Winable fight for Arlovski.

Featherweight Andre Fili vs. Joanderson Brito Fili is a tough fighter with a spotty record. Gate keeper? Brito has only lost one fight vs a middle guy in the UFC. Close match. Brito is very well rounded, equal subs and KO/TKO finishes.

Lightweight Jared Gordon vs. Grant Dawson Neither guy has fought a top tier LW. Both are good. Grant has one loss a long while ago. Gordon is mainly a striker and Grant has most wins by sub.

Featherweight Darren Elkins vs. Tristan Connelly This one is my call for fight of the night. Elkins has zero quit in him. Connelly is a sub guy. Elkins is a pretty easy takedown but does not give up much. Fun fight.

Middleweight Krzysztof Jotko vs. Gerald Meerschaert Hard fight for both guys. Jotko has most wins by decision. and has only been finished in 3 of 28. Gerald is a sub wizard. If it goes to the ground Jotko is in trouble.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
BUBBA289 (04-27-2022)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 04-26-2022, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,778 Times in 3,470 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a decent card. Man, I don't really like Marlon Vera at all. I'm not sure why, he just comes off as a pompous dick to me. I can handle the funny pompous jerks where you know they are doing it for $$$, but he just comes off as an ass to me. Font is a decent fighter, and it should be a good match-up. Font has fairly good cardio and stand-up. He lost to Aldo in his last fight, but it was close. He just got caught by some of Aldo's bombs. Aldo also finally started using kicks again in that fight, and that helped him a lot. If Aldo had not used his kicks to mix it up some for unpredictability, Font may have won. That was a good fight.

Aldo also beat Vera as well not long before that.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 05:36 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I like Chito Vera. He is a lot like Masvidal.

Old 05-01-2022, 07:22 AM

I missed it.

Catchweight (138.5 lb) Marlon Vera def. Rob Font Decision (unanimous) (48–47, 49–46, 49–46) 5 5:00
Heavyweight Andrei Arlovski def. Jake Collier Decision (split) (27–30, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00
Featherweight Joanderson Brito def. Andre Fili TKO (punches) 1 0:41
Lightweight Grant Dawson def. Jared Gordon Submission (rear-naked choke) 3 4:11
Featherweight Darren Elkins def. Tristan Connelly Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00
Middleweight Krzysztof Jotko def. Gerald Meerschaert Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00

Old 05-01-2022, 08:48 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 8,402 Times in 6,209 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
It was a good card. Collier got robbed something fierce. That was a horrible decision. I think the rest of the world pretty much seen it 30-27 just like the one judge. It wasn't a pretty fight at all, but Arlovski didn't do a damn thing.

Redcon1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (05-01-2022), Wallyd (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 01:13 PM
Administrator

MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
It was a good card. Collier got robbed something fierce. That was a horrible decision. I think the rest of the world pretty much seen it 30-27 just like the one judge. It wasn't a pretty fight at all, but Arlovski didn't do a damn thing.
Yea, those judges are smoking crack....even Arlovski was like WTF. I feel bad for Collier. I remember him from his last fight that he won....didn't know it was him until I seen him walk out. Guy went from middleweight to heavyweight...LMAO!!! I like the guy, not sure how far he will go, but Arlovski is a veteran's veteran.

There is no way that the judges should have also had the Chito/Font fight 49-46....what the fukk?

Font won the first 2 convincingly except for the last 20 seconds of round 2 where he got clipped. 20 seconds doesn't win a round when the aggressor doesn't do anything else but get on top of you with a few punches. I had Chito winning rounds 3 and 4. I'd have to watch it again, but that last round, imo could have gone either way imo. I thought Font did enough the last round, possibly, but his face looked all beat up and Chito was amped up to go another 5 rounds. My point being though, no matter how you score the last round, it was tied 2-2 going into that round.

Chito also did not capitalize when he had Font hurt. He has the BJJ background, was stronger, and tons of energy, and he just let the ref stand Font up in that 3rd or 4th round. Even the announcers said he missed an opportunity. He clipped Font at the end of the 2, 3, 4th rounds....actually, one he hurt him with like 2.5-3 minutes left. With how bad Font was hurt, he should have been able to finish him, but he just let him get back into the fight. LOL, if that made sense.

Chito has needs to use his leg kicks even more, they are effective because he is so much taller and bigger than other guys, similar to Jon Jones. The guy has cardio for days, and i'll admit his post-fight interview was pretty moving, even though i'm not a huge fan of his.
Old 05-01-2022, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Brito made a statement last night...very impressive for a short fight.

Dawson is a badass, but he did not look all that well-rounded...or, maybe his stand-up needs a lot of work. Up until the sub, he was lack-luster, though he did well with the takedowns. He has potential, but he needs to work on some things. It will be interesting to see if and how much he progresses now that he is with ATT. Gordon did well in the fight, if it would have been kept standing, he may have won. Dawson is a beast with takedowns though.

Elkins, how can you not like this guy? It was a good fight. Did it win fight of the night?
Old 05-01-2022, 07:03 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 8,402 Times in 6,209 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
Yea, those judges are smoking crack....even Arlovski was like WTF. I feel bad for Collier. I remember him from his last fight that he won....didn't know it was him until I seen him walk out. Guy went from middleweight to heavyweight...LMAO!!! I like the guy, not sure how far he will go, but Arlovski is a veteran's veteran.

There is no way that the judges should have also had the Chito/Font fight 49-46....what the fukk?

Font won the first 2 convincingly except for the last 20 seconds of round 2 where he got clipped. 20 seconds doesn't win a round when the aggressor doesn't do anything else but get on top of you with a few punches. I had Chito winning rounds 3 and 4. I'd have to watch it again, but that last round, imo could have gone either way imo. I thought Font did enough the last round, possibly, but his face looked all beat up and Chito was amped up to go another 5 rounds. My point being though, no matter how you score the last round, it was tied 2-2 going into that round.

Chito also did not capitalize when he had Font hurt. He has the BJJ background, was stronger, and tons of energy, and he just let the ref stand Font up in that 3rd or 4th round. Even the announcers said he missed an opportunity. He clipped Font at the end of the 2, 3, 4th rounds....actually, one he hurt him with like 2.5-3 minutes left. With how bad Font was hurt, he should have been able to finish him, but he just let him get back into the fight. LOL, if that made sense.

Chito has needs to use his leg kicks even more, they are effective because he is so much taller and bigger than other guys, similar to Jon Jones. The guy has cardio for days, and i'll admit his post-fight interview was pretty moving, even though i'm not a huge fan of his.
Agreed. First two rounds were Font's all the way up until the last few seconds. Not sure how a judge can score a round for a guy who was receiving a striking lesson for 4:30-4:45 of a round just because he got in a good shot at the end of the round. As soon as I heard the 49-46 I knew who won the fight. I do not disagree with decision, just how lopsided the score was.

Redcon1
The Following User Says Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (05-01-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post

Elkins, how can you not like this guy? It was a good fight. Did it win fight of the night?
Fight of the Night: Marlon Vera vs. Rob Font1
Performance of the Night: Joanderson Brito and Francisco Figueiredo

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (05-02-2022)
Old 05-02-2022, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Fight of the Night: Marlon Vera vs. Rob Font1
Performance of the Night: Joanderson Brito and Francisco Figueiredo
I could see the Chito/Font winning FOTN, it was a good one.