World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:30 AM

Thanked 6,700 Times in 4,950 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
UFC on ESPN 41 aug 13 7pm et

Not a lot here. Marlon Vera vs Cruz, meh. Some entertaining matches down the card.

Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs. Dominick Cruz
Catchweight (120 lbs) Angela Hill vs. Lupita Godinez
Featherweight Nate Landwehr vs. David Onama
Light Heavyweight Devin Clark vs. Azamat Murzakanov
Women's Flyweight Cynthia Calvillo vs. Nina Nunes
Middleweight Gerald Meerschaert vs. Bruno Silva
Women's Strawweight Yazmin Jauregui vs. Iasmin Lucindo

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 08-08-2022, 06:46 AM
StCLineman StCLineman Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

StCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond repute
I agree a pretty weak card
Old 08-09-2022, 05:35 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Gerald Meerschaert vs. Bruno Silva should be good. Also Nate Landwehr vs. David Onama should be a fight of the night. Nate is a tank and will fight until dead. David is an up and comer working his way up to higher level of comp.

i like Vero, he will make it a fight with Cruz.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:51 AM

Updated card with a few changes.

Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs. Dominick Cruz
Featherweight Nate Landwehr vs. David Onama
Women's Strawweight Yazmin Jauregui vs. Iasmin Lucindo
Light Heavyweight Devin Clark vs. Azamat Murzakanov
Women's Bantamweight Ariane Lipski vs. Priscila Cachoeira This will be a BANGER! Lipski is HOT. Priscila is a monster. Both are badass!
Middleweight Gerald Meerschaert vs. Bruno Silva
Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
Catchweight (120 lb) Angela Hill vs. Lupita Godinez

Angela Hill will fight anyone. SHe is only 1-5 in her latest fights. Super talented but just somehow gets beaten. 3 of the 5 losses were split decisions that could have gone her way.

Best of luck to her. It is a catch weight. Not sure why.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (08-13-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,778 Times in 3,470 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, lots of respect for Hill, her record is deceiving. She also fights anybody on short notice, so she didn't get long camps in some of those loses.
Old 08-14-2022, 08:10 AM

Bantamweight Marlon Vera def. Dominick Cruz KO (head kick) 4 2:17 Cruz seemed in control if it were a 3 round fight Cruz would have won 2-1 or 3-0 depending on how you saw it. He did take some big shots that sat him down a few times but no coming back from that head kick. Chito has power. Cruz looked good. I think Chito will be a top 10 gatekeeper for that division. But who knows, his grappling is SLICK. He just does not have volume in his strikes. We shall see. Interested going forward.

Featherweight Nate Landwehr def. David Onama Decision (majority) (28–28, 29–27, 29–27) 3 5:00 Top 10 most entertaining fights of all time. I called it. Nate played the roll of tank and walked through devastating strikes in the first but just kept coming like a terminator. You just have to watch it. The fight was chaos and violence personified. Respect to Onama. Dude wanted to give up. His coach asked him if he wanted to fight. He fought on. He had huge moments in the third and had Nate on the ground hurt at the end of the fight but that was not enough to give him the round. Bros, Onama ain't no joke. What a fight. If you were not a fan of Nate before this fight you better be now. this dude is golden! Also had some BAD judging as seen by this scoring.

Women's Strawweight Yazmin Jauregui def. Iasmin Lucindo Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00 These gals BANGED like junkyard dogs. Would have been FOTN if Nate vs Onama did not occur. Stupid judge had it 30-27. It was razor close. I thought Yasmin deserved the nod for sure. Great fight. I cannot believe with the power and speed these gals threw at no one went out.

Light Heavyweight Azamat Murzakanov def. Devin Clark TKO (punches) 3 1:18 Azmat has power homies! Big nasty hurtful power. Devin Clark is as tough as they come but when Azmat hit him he turned his back and ran, literally ran from him. It was a bady shot that put down Clark, not a liver shot, left side of the ribcage just below the xiphoid process. He can wrestle too. Azmat's GnP is straight the stuff of nightmares.

Women's Bantamweight Priscila Cachoeira def. Ariane Lipski TKO (punches) 1 1:05 I had high hopes for this. Lipski was the bigtime fav. I told my wife who will watch some gal fights that Cachoeira should not be the underdog and I wish I put some $ on her. My wife rolled her eyes. She was rooting for Lipski. Chach got power my dudes!

Middleweight Gerald Meerschaert def. Bruno Silva Submission (guillotine choke) 3 1:39 Silva had a huge power advantage but Gerald was in and out, mixing in TD attempts. Gerald stung him and tried for GnP then said let's go with my bread and butter...SUBS. Grabbed that neck and tap him. Gerald has top notch subs for the division, hell he is prob top 10 in the UFC with subs.

Preliminary card (ESPN / ESPN+)
Catchweight (120 lb) Angela Hill def. Lupita Godinez Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00 Hill suffered a big shot that hurt her bad but came back and showed her skills. Congrats HILL!

Fight of the Night: Nate Landwehr vs. David Onama Berserk fight almost turned into WWE stuff at one point and the post fight interview was hilarious as Nate always is. If this dude is on a card, WATCH IT!
Performance of the Night: Marlon Vera and Tyson Nam

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (08-14-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 10:22 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 8,402 Times in 6,209 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I watched the last two fights, which were great. Then I watched Lopez and Zayas get some work in, both looked good.

Redcon1
The Following User Says Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (08-15-2022)
Old 08-14-2022, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,778 Times in 3,470 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
I watched the 3rd round of the Jauregui / Iasmin fight, but missed the first 2

Then I had to restart my damn pc so I missed the first 2 rounds of the gdamn Landwehr / Onama fight

Seen the whole Cruz/Vera fight.

I can't say much more than what Jipped stated. I'll be honest, this was a tough loss for Cruz, who was dominating the fight until that kick that KO'd him. He got knocked down a few times by Vera in the earlier rounds, but he bounced up and was never in any danger, in fact, he was doing well. It was just a fight between a power fighter and a volume fighter. I was actually super amazed at how well Cruz was moving and boxing. He looked the best he's been in many fights. He just got clipped by that kick...whether it was timed or lucky, lol. Chito was super inactive, mainly from Cruz's movement, but the few punches/kicks he threw landed. Not hating on Vera, but I hated to see Cruz lose like that after doing so well. He was definitely winning the fight, up 3-0 or 2-1, and I had him winning that last round he got KO'd in as well. I was never a fan of his back in the day, but I have been cheering him on the last year or so as he has worked hard to get back to where he is, so kind of a real-life comeback story, and he was an underdog as well in this fight.

I think Cruz still has some time left in him. Chito has a ton of power for that division, and that kick would have KO'd just about anybody. If he can come back from the mental part of this KO, I think he still has time for another run. He should be proud of his actual performance, despite the loss....which I know is hard to say.

Last edited by MR. BMJ; 08-14-2022 at 03:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (08-15-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 05:20 AM

Yeah he is still a top 10 guy even though I think 50% in his last 4 but what a run he had. He is closing in on 40. For little guys that is the threshold for obsolescence. He still looked good but. We shall see.